Work colleagues

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

On a similar note to Chris' story about seeing another man shitting, the more common hearing a colleague (who you saw go in the cubical) having violent diarrhea.  You can never look a man in the eye again without always thinking 'I've heard you having a terrible shite'.

Went away for a work conference once - everyone got utterly blitzed the night before, including myself, and there were some rough, rough faces around the table in the conference room the next day. Before lunch, I was suddenly compelled to head to the toilets as a matter of urgency, only to meet my then-boss on the way in to the gents. With a look of deep shame, he warned me that he was about to explode, and that he'd appreciate some privacy - sadly, I was in the same boat, so we headed in and discovered only two cubicles next to each other.

We'd got on alright until then, but from there on out I don't think we ever made eye contact, and every conversation took place over the phone or by email.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Went away for a work conference once - everyone got utterly blitzed the night before, including myself, and there were some rough, rough faces around the table in the conference room the next day. Before lunch, I was suddenly compelled to head to the toilets as a matter of urgency, only to meet my then-boss on the way in to the gents. With a look of deep shame, he warned me that he was about to explode, and that he'd appreciate some privacy - sadly, I was in the same boat, so we headed in and discovered only two cubicles next to each other.

We'd got on alright until then, but from there on out I don't think we ever made eye contact, and every conversation took place over the phone or by email.

My old boss and I went to a meeting in Edinburgh. We were there and they plied us with coffees. We were getting ready to leave and both decided to head to the bog before departing. 

The layout of the toilet was just weird. There were 2 urinals but they backed on to a cubicle. My boss went in to urinal 1, I went to urinal 2. The layout of the room meant that I had to leave/get out of the way to allow my boss to get out. He was trapped on all 4 sides (urinal, wall, cubicle and me).

Something strange happened to me. Suddenly my bladder went on one of its "endless pish" runs. My boss finished but had to stand there, waiting patiently, whilst I produced a stream that would have put Seabiscuit to shame. Every second was like an hour, just producing and producing. 

Back on the subject of shites, though...

5cdda02e54611.jpeg

44 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My old boss and I went to a meeting in Edinburgh. We were there and they plied us with coffees. We were getting ready to leave and both decided to head to the bog before departing. 

The layout of the toilet was just weird. There were 2 urinals but they backed on to a cubicle. My boss went in to urinal 1, I went to urinal 2. The layout of the room meant that I had to leave/get out of the way to allow my boss to get out. He was trapped on all 4 sides (urinal, wall, cubicle and me).

Something strange happened to me. Suddenly my bladder went on one of its "endless pish" runs. My boss finished but had to stand there, waiting patiently, whilst I produced a stream that would have put Seabiscuit to shame. Every second was like an hour, just producing and producing. 

Back on the subject of shites, though...

5cdda02e54611.jpeg

The classic Strathclyde Uni library level 5 bogs graffiti there!

Edited by cb_diamond

I work in the engine room of a ship and there is one toilet shared by us,  there is one, or more, manky b*****d that has a bad habit of missing the toilet when they are pissing. the feeling of pulling up your boilersuit after a shit and the arm or back is wet through is absolutely soul destroying. 

On 25/02/2022 at 14:59, scottsdad said:

Can I just clarify here - was the cubicle free? 

Taking urinal 2 when your boss had taken urinal 1 is behaviour that would see me put you on a certain list that would have at least one of my eyes on you at all times. I trust you were left with no other option and are not a deviant though.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Taking urinal 2 when your boss had taken urinal 1 is behaviour that would see me put you on a certain list that would have at least one of my eyes on you at all times. I trust you were left with no other option and are not a deviant though.

The cubicle was empty, but the issue was our backs were to the side of it. 

Only 2 urinals. Very poor design tbh.  Could be worse though. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqiXn0fsg71fWk27ViCRy

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

When given the choice of choosing to piss in a private cubicle or directly next to your boss you chose directly next to your boss. I'm afraid you have no one to blame but yourself for the awkward situation that followed. 

30 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

When given the choice of choosing to piss in a private cubicle or directly next to your boss you chose directly next to your boss. I'm afraid you have no one to blame but yourself for the awkward situation that followed. 

Not only standing next to him but boxing him in. 

Seriously fucked up behaviour there. 

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That sounds fair enough. Mea culpa...

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

Edited by GordonD

I work in the engine room of a ship and there is one toilet shared by us,  there is one, or more, manky b*****d that has a bad habit of missing the toilet when they are pissing. the feeling of pulling up your boilersuit after a shit and the arm or back is wet through is absolutely soul destroying. 
My blood went cold for a second as I read that.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

2 urinals?

Am I missing something or is your arithmetic a bit weak?

Is one of those THREE a hand drier or a sink? I don't see a soap dispenser.

BTW, those are the new Japanese models.

You're supposed to sit in them.

This picture is not taken from the office building I visited in 2002, but rather was taken from the internet to show that bog design can be poor. Like this one:

dueling-poops-59a4259f68e1a200134ae5a8.j 

42 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This picture is not taken from the office building I visited in 2002, but rather was taken from the internet to show that bog design can be poor. Like this one:

dueling-poops-59a4259f68e1a200134ae5a8.j 

I'm expecting someone to start a Turdle thread for a daily puzzle of bog layouts.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

There used to be an online game where you were presented with various urinal scenarios in a pub and had to pick which one you would use - do you go next to the punk or the guy with tattoos etc.

The game's response if you repeatedly picked a urinal already occupied by another person was fun.

Just about to google "urinal fun games". Wish me luck. 

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's an unwritten law with cubicles too...in our office there are banks of four of them, and the middle two are by far the least shat-in....everyone gravitates towards either Trap 1 or Trap 4, and will only use one of the middle ones in extremis.

Which reminds me of a time I was reading the paper while launching a big brown submarine down the Clyde, when somebody came rushing in in a hurry, went into one of the middle ones and basically exploded, following the initial onslaught with a quavering sigh/groan combination: "Ooooaaaaggghhh..."

Somebody in one of the other cubicles started laughing. So did I.

Eventually the entire row of cubicles had someone sitting in them with their trousers at their ankles laughing uncontrollably, to the point where somebody innocently walked into the bogs a minute or so later, heard us, went "f**k that..." and walked back out, which only set us off again.

18 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

There's an unwritten law with cubicles too...in our office there are banks of four of them, and the middle two are by far the least shat-in

I can't have been the only one who got this far and pictured this kind of thing  :blink:

empty-cubicles-6915-65104d7e94cc535ecbd8

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I can't have been the only one who got this far and pictured this kind of thing  :blink:

empty-cubicles-6915-65104d7e94cc535ecbd8

Uggggh….yeah….. that’d be great, Peter.