Work colleagues

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Thinning up top.

On the plus side, thickening up a lot downstairs.

Swings and roundabouts.

Wow. I didn't realise that jelqing thing would actually work!

On 18/03/2022 at 09:20, TheScarf said:

There's a worrying trend of flabby guys in their 20s and 30s growing huge beards.  They all end up looking like Rag N Bone Man.  Which is not a good thing.  A well groomed beard on a thin face is a good look for any age of man.  Some 32 year old waddler with one looks horrendous.

Well groomed beards are a major red flag. article-1208230-048A6B790000044D-86_224x423.jpg.9c106bd9eac6fdef7346c427ae948f2b.jpgimages.thumb.jpeg.a2ee2aedcd5f61d4b33716511fdbec33.jpegming-the-merciless-emperor-of-mongo_flash-gordon_square.jpg.d81f149e365aad8312206ea235d34b86.jpg

On 18/03/2022 at 10:20, TheScarf said:

There's a worrying trend of flabby guys in their 20s and 30s growing huge beards.  They all end up looking like Rag N Bone Man.  Which is not a good thing.  A well groomed beard on a thin face is a good look for any age of man.  Some 32 year old waddler with one looks horrendous.

Add in guys below average height for the perfect awful look.

Needless to say, I am short, chubby and have a beard. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Not much work happening today. Massive cyber attack has hit us and most of our systems are down. 

I am writing something so can carry on, but for a lot of people there is nothing to do. My wife, who also works at the uni, cannot do anything today. Access to shared drives, IT systems and the like all gone. 

29 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Not much work happening today. Massive cyber attack has hit us and most of our systems are down. 

I am writing something so can carry on, but for a lot of people there is nothing to do. My wife, who also works at the uni, cannot do anything today. Access to shared drives, IT systems and the like all gone. 

That's quite potentially very bad news. Fingers crossed it's not a ransomware attack and if it is, they have the necessary DR / BCP ready. 

Some big companies getting done recently and not having the proper measures in place, just look at KP who've just had an utter shambles. 

Last two of my contracts I spent a huge part of it on putting measures in place to avoid and prepare for if it does happen. It's painful stuff at times, but it's a lot less painful than not being ready for it.

3 minutes ago, thistledo said:

That's quite potentially very bad news. Fingers crossed it's not a ransomware attack and if it is, they have the necessary DR / BCP ready. 

Some big companies getting done recently and not having the proper measures in place, just look at KP who've just had an utter shambles. 

Last two of my contracts I spent a huge part of it on putting measures in place to avoid and prepare for if it does happen. It's painful stuff at times, but it's a lot less painful than not being ready for it.

Not sure what form it is or what defences we have. 

We get cyber attacks a few times per year but this is the first time that I have noticed such a widespread loss of systems. Still have the VLE and Office 365. Shared drives down, student records down, finance systems down, HR systems down, and probably a lot more besides. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Not sure what form it is or what defences we have. 

We get cyber attacks a few times per year but this is the first time that I have noticed such a widespread loss of systems. Still have the VLE and Office 365. Shared drives down, student records down, finance systems down, HR systems down, and probably a lot more besides. 

It's your router.

£55, please*.

* professional fee, not ransomware bounty

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Praying for a cyber attack here tbh. Our IT gimps are so fucking useless I doubt they would notice.

We've had post-update connectivity issues all morning - frankly, we could be under cyber attack and nobody would notice.