Work colleagues

The wife is working from home today, but a colleague of hers is in the office. Her colleague called her on Teams.

Colleague: I need help. Can you help me with something?

Wife: Sure. 

Colleague: I have jammed the shredder. Can you help me fix it?

Wife: 200w.gif

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The wife is working from home today, but a colleague of hers is in the office. Her colleague called her on Teams.

Colleague: I need help. Can you help me with something?

Wife: Sure. 

Colleague: I have jammed the shredder. Can you help me fix it?

Wife: 200w.gif

Take all the paper out of the shredder, put it back together as it was before and then try again.

Simple.

44 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Take all the paper out of the shredder, put it back together as it was before and then try again.

Simple.

What she said was "Don't stick a knife in it. That's only for when the toaster is stuck". 

Her colleague didn't get the joke and just nodded. 

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

What she said was "Don't stick a knife in it. That's only for when the toaster is stuck". 

Her colleague didn't get the joke and just nodded. 

I suggest your wife explains the joke before her colleague decided to make toast.

Got a very heavy load managing dissertation students. Supervising 18 (postgrad and undergraduate) all submitting in April. In the run-in students get very squirrely and start emailing loads, asking for meetings/feedback and so on. 

One of my colleagues has gone off sick so I have taken 5 of hers on as well. The rest have been spread throughout the team (including the Prof, who seems to have had a bit of a turnaround since Christmas). 

Now one of my other colleagues has just gone on holiday. No notice to us (her colleagues) or her students. Just taken leave which happens to cover the period between today and the deadline. Now I'm getting bombarded with emails from students who have got her "I am out of the office and not looking at emails" message. So another 20 students need to be passed around those of us who are remaining. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Got a very heavy load managing dissertation students. Supervising 18 (postgrad and undergraduate) all submitting in April. In the run-in students get very squirrely and start emailing loads, asking for meetings/feedback and so on. 

One of my colleagues has gone off sick so I have taken 5 of hers on as well. The rest have been spread throughout the team (including the Prof, who seems to have had a bit of a turnaround since Christmas). 

Now one of my other colleagues has just gone on holiday. No notice to us (her colleagues) or her students. Just taken leave which happens to cover the period between today and the deadline. Now I'm getting bombarded with emails from students who have got her "I am out of the office and not looking at emails" message. So another 20 students need to be passed around those of us who are remaining. 

Do you work in a university?

I didn't know that.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you work in a university?

I didn't know that.

Where the f*** else would employees be able to go off on the sick or take holidays at the drop of a hat at the busiest time of the year?

56 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Just taken leave which happens to cover the period between today and the deadline. Now I'm getting bombarded with emails from students who have got her "I am out of the office and not looking at emails" message

When you're given the offer of The Prof's Greek timeshare for a couple of weeks, you just have to take it and damn those pesky students. 

You should also take leave and shaft the professor.

52 minutes ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

You should also take leave and shaft the professor.

Scottsdad.... Bless him, is never getting one over the Professor. 

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Scottsdad.... Bless him, is never getting one over the Professor. 

It is strange. Since Christmas he has been very, very friendly. We went for a coffee a couple of weeks ago and he keeps calling me on Teams asking questions and chatting.