Work colleagues

Not much work happening today. Massive cyber attack has hit us and most of our systems are down. 
I am writing something so can carry on, but for a lot of people there is nothing to do. My wife, who also works at the uni, cannot do anything today. Access to shared drives, IT systems and the like all gone. 
Are all you uni types not on strike today?

13 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
21 hours ago, scottsdad said:
Not much work happening today. Massive cyber attack has hit us and most of our systems are down. 
I am writing something so can carry on, but for a lot of people there is nothing to do. My wife, who also works at the uni, cannot do anything today. Access to shared drives, IT systems and the like all gone. 

Are all you uni types not on strike today?

I am not a member of the UCU, so not on strike. 

21 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Not sure what form it is or what defences we have. 

We get cyber attacks a few times per year but this is the first time that I have noticed such a widespread loss of systems. Still have the VLE and Office 365. Shared drives down, student records down, finance systems down, HR systems down, and probably a lot more besides. 

Not very good ones it seems.

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Neither am I, but you don't see me doing any work today.

Amirite, Comrade @Melanius Mullarkay?

Shut up Dave, Im trying to sleep.

27 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

"To work alongside our Directors of Huntin', Shootin', and Fishin'." 

Must report direclty to the Director of Cocksinpints.

I posted all about this during the last waves of strikes - my issue is with my local branch. It is being used as the tool for 2 guys to grind their own personal axes about the university management. Not interested in what anyone else has to say.

When i was in the civil service I was in Prospect and they were excellent - and I did go on strike then.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I posted all about this during the last waves of strikes - my issue is with my local branch. It is being used as the tool for 2 guys to grind their own personal axes about the university management. Not interested in what anyone else has to say.

When i was in the civil service I was in Prospect and they were excellent - and I did go on strike then.

Sounds like they need some strong new leadership to overthrow the old order.

Get the knife in quick before the Prof notices there's an opening.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I don’t know if we are at the same Uni but I thought the same about that here.

They’ve been calling for the Principle to come out and say X and Y, when they know fine well this is a collective USS issue and not something the Uni are going alone with, or they certainly should know that and it would be worrying if they didn’t.

52 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

They’ve been calling for the Principle to come out and say X and Y, when they know fine well this is a collective USS issue and not something the Uni are going alone with, or they certainly should know that and it would be worrying if they didn’t.

University standards slipping it seems.

Edited by jimbaxters

53 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

A fair bit of this.

One of the guys running the local branch was turned down for a promotion, and spent a whole meeting railing at the university's "corrupt" promotion scheme. Wanted everyone to write to the principal, court and senate demanding it be changed. 

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

University standards slipping it seems.

There's a trading estate near where I live which is gradually closing down and is to be demolished. Somebody has sprayed NO MORE STUDNT FLATS on one of the empty units.

14 hours ago, GordonD said:

There's a trading estate near where I live which is gradually closing down and is to be demolished. Somebody has sprayed NO MORE STUDNT FLATS on one of the empty units.

E_Flat.png.3daf2beaf261b089bd4ffe26d19f3993.png

Sorted.