Work colleagues

11 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Soup and crisps for me are dangers. I've trimmed mine back a fair bit as it gets quite wild otherwise, it's a nightmare if you go too far with the clippers. 

Any kind of al fresco eating seems to be ill-advised....I had a hotdog at the football a while back and maybe had been a bit too liberal in my application of mustard....once I was finished and looked down I realised I was sporting a bright yellow stripe that hadn't been there previously.

4 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Any kind of al fresco eating seems to be ill-advised....I had a hotdog at the football a while back and maybe had been a bit too liberal in my application of mustard....once I was finished and looked down I realised I was sporting a bright yellow stripe that hadn't been there previously.

Got hospitality this weekend and genuinely considering a big reduction in face hair to avoid something like this! 

Mine's so big now that one of the cats nests in it. Follows me round when I get home until I sit down, then roosts on my chest. She's currently sitting two feet away waiting 'til I go to bed so she can sleep on me.

So I'm basically telling you all to shave now before small animals begin to see you as somewhere comfortable to live.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Mine's so big now that one of the cats nests in it. Follows me round when I get home until I sit down, then roosts on my chest. She's currently sitting two feet away waiting 'til I go to bed so she can sleep on me.

So I'm basically telling you all to shave now before small animals begin to see you as somewhere comfortable to live.

So you’re telling us a beard is a pussy magnet?

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

So you’re telling us a beard is a pussy magnet?

God, just, so very no.

My experience has always been that the vast majority of people who appreciate a good beard are other men!

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

God, just, so very no.

My experience has always been that the vast majority of people who appreciate a good beard are other men!

Might well be true, but my partner is raging if I trim down the beard too much. I have a fairly low key, trimmed beard as I hate the look of the massive ones that some people grow to look like Mr Twit, but sometimes if I trim too much she’s gutted.

There's a worrying trend of flabby guys in their 20s and 30s growing huge beards.  They all end up looking like Rag N Bone Man.  Which is not a good thing.  A well groomed beard on a thin face is a good look for any age of man.  Some 32 year old waddler with one looks horrendous.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

There's a worrying trend of flabby guys in their 20s and 30s growing huge beards.  They all end up looking like Rag N Bone Man.  Which is not a good thing.  A well groomed beard on a thin face is a good look for any age of man.  Some 32 year old waddler with one looks horrendous.

What is it with you and fat people, m9? Traumatic experience on a crowded train at Doncaster?

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

In the James Bond novels, M always refused to employ men who "wore beards". 

Fair point. How's a spy supposed to apply a false moustache if they've already got a real one?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Beards do tend to get a bit of hate and divide opinion. I often find the people who dislike them are unable to grow one 👀

*I'm not fat, quite lean in fact, maybe even muscular perhaps? 

5 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Beards do tend to get a bit of hate and divide opinion. I often find the people who dislike them are unable to grow one 👀

*I'm not fat, quite lean in fact, maybe even muscular perhaps? 

I can grow one I just think they look ridiculous on folk who don't keep on top of them.  As in nice and trim.  Most beards are probably absolutely hackett too.  Unwashed for months on end.

I've had a beard for years. Originally, the percentage of men with beards was far smaller than the percentage of women who liked men with beards. That ratio has somewhat changed over the ensuing decades.

That said, my choice to have a beard was all out of laziness. f**k shaving every day. And those who have a beard but shave the edges, you're just getting the worst of both worlds.

54 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Most beards are probably absolutely hackett too.  Unwashed for months on end.

Maybe that says a lot about your own personal hygiene.

Surely to goodness you wash and use soap/shampoo in the shower and would treat your beard the same way you would the hair on your head or your pubic region.

57 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I can grow one I just think they look ridiculous on folk who don't keep on top of them.  As in nice and trim.  Most beards are probably absolutely hackett too.  Unwashed for months on end.

Ah I was just jesting my good man. I do agree, it's absolutely murder to try and trim a long beard yourself, when it gets to the point that it's longer than any guards. 

44 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Maybe that says a lot about your own personal hygiene.

Surely to goodness you wash and use soap/shampoo in the shower and would treat your beard the same way you would the hair on your head or your pubic region.

What does my personal hygiene have to do with clatty bastards with beards clearly not washing them every morning in the shower?

I grew a beard a few years ago. Turns out I'm one of those weirdos with different facial hair colour to head hair colour. My beard came in a weird ginger/grey combo whilst my hair is black/grey. It lasted about a fortnight. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I grew a beard a few years ago. Turns out I'm one of those weirdos with different facial hair colour to head hair colour. My beard came in a weird ginger/grey combo whilst my hair is black/grey. It lasted about a fortnight. 

Yeah, mine's notably more ginger. Now that the melanin is on its way out, it's become Joseph's Beard of Many Colours. Should be full Gandalf in ten years' time, and I can finally fulfil my purpose of playing Santa Claus in shopping centre grottos.