Work colleagues

15 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Place I worked at in the 70’s didn’t pay overtime for the first half hour but once the clock ticked one minute over you were paid an hour’s overtime  Cue exodus to the bogs about 25 minutes past with almost communal flushing around the 35 minute mark then clocking off for the day.  Not many had a shite though as the done thing was to have one earlier in the day.

One of the first jobs I ever had, I went towards the bog from the break room. "Where do you think you're going?" asked one of the older workers. When I told him he told me to sit back down and gave me some advice which has lasted me in good stead in the 40 years since; "Always shite on company time, son."

I used to work with a guy who would only drink during the week, never at weekends, as he thought it best to recover from a hangover on their time. 

I couldn't do that - being rough as f**k at work all week. Plus he mororbiked into work every day. I was sure he'd end up being done for drink driving. 

11 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

One of the first jobs I ever had, I went towards the bog from the break room. "Where do you think you're going?" asked one of the older workers. When I told him he told me to sit back down and gave me some advice which has lasted me in good stead in the 40 years since; "Always shite on company time, son."

A place I worked in before we knocked up some basic code that you could start and stop when you went for a shite. It would eventually output a spreadsheet of how much money you earned and how much time you spent doing a shit in work. Time well spent I must say. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Has the tedious shite about Scottsdads work been resolved yet? I am skipping 4 months of pages cos it was fucking shite.

Wait until that is concluded and give us a paragraph about it FFS

At least @ me when mentioning.

I've dialled back the posting about him after a few posts like this one. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Has the tedious shite about Scottsdads work been resolved yet? I am skipping 4 months of pages cos it was fucking shite.

Wait until that is concluded and give us a paragraph about it FFS

^^^posted from his Greek timeshare.

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What’s the etiquette on using the disabled toilet at work? I’ll confess to preferring it’s palatial surroundings to the normal one though I’ve always felt a bit guilty if someone is passing and sees me exiting.

I could lend you an old cast and a walking stick.  I am sure you could easily look the part.

7 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What’s the etiquette on using the disabled toilet at work? I’ll confess to preferring it’s palatial surroundings to the normal one though I’ve always felt a bit guilty if someone is passing and sees me exiting.

I'm sure there is a disabled toilet equivalent of this

1XXFCVF19OSrYufNOg5mUf7nohQ=.gif

On 21/02/2022 at 17:06, Thorongil said:

I hate office “cup of tea” culture. “Who’s turn is it?” is twee, embarrassing nonsense. 

If I want a coffee when I’m in work I get one from the vending machine or pop downstairs to Pret or whatever. It’s better not to involve other people, like with most things.

I agree. I've never had the misfortune of working on such an environment but my missus had this in her last job where they had a 'tea rota'. I never understood why one person had to make tea for everybody. 

If you want a cup of tea, make it yourself.

I agree. I've never had the misfortune of working on such an environment but my missus had this in her last job where they had a 'tea rota'. I never understood why one person had to make tea for everybody. 
If you want a cup of tea, make it yourself.
This.

I drink more coffee than most so happy to make my own, that way if gets made how I want it as well.