Work colleagues

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Plus he can now factor in his 'notoriety' as per the coverage in this thread. Capital to be made there.

Heavy feels of the absolute baller who ripped the pish at @ICT_Chris workplace. 

IIRC Chris had the good sense to try and temper our admiration of that lad with some insinuations that he was a bit of a OFTW... could be wrong. 

Scottsdad is just inadvertently creating a hero for our times with the Prof. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Scottsdad is just inadvertently creating a hero for our times with the Prof. 

Scottsdad should be paying for, and presenting to His Profness, a hoodie with 'A Hero for Our Times' emblazoned across it.

Credit where it's due an' aw' that...........................

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Had a coffee with the Prof this morning. 

"It's almost a year since I came here," he told me. 

Not even a year...seems longer. Anyway, he spent the weekend doing some workload modelling based on his last uni. He plans to show the school management using maths how overworked he is. 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Obvious play here is to tell him it is all relative and that it matters whether he is more overworked than his colleagues. Offer to run everyone else’s workload through his model, rig it in your favour and hey presto…

Just now, HK Hibee said:

Obvious play here is to tell him it is all relative and that it matters whether he is more overworked than his colleagues. Offer to run everyone else’s workload through his model, rig it in your favour and hey presto…

I asked him to send me his model. He hasn't. I think for that very reason - comparing his workload with the rest of the team won't reflect all that well. 

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Had a coffee with the Prof this morning. 

"It's almost a year since I came here," he told me. 

Not even a year...seems longer. Anyway, he spent the weekend doing some workload modelling based on his last uni. He plans to show the school management using maths how overworked he is. 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

I think it might work.  Lengthy presentation, there is only so much that anybody wants to know about Fibannaci numbers.  I suspect they will just cave in.

16 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I asked him to send me his model. He hasn't. I think for that very reason - comparing his workload with the rest of the team won't reflect all that well. 

I would be disappointed in him if he had agreed to lend you the model.  

16 hours ago, scottsdad said:

So despite constantly complaining about him doing now work, when he actually does some, you just want him to hand it over and put no effort in yourself?

That's a bit of a dick move

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

So despite constantly complaining about him doing now work, when he actually does some, you just want him to hand it over and put no effort in yourself?

That's a bit of a dick move

You've actually got me wondering if he actually made the model, or just planned to make it and never did?

I interviewed a guy for a lecturing job a few months back and this was the case. His CV talked about grants he had won, books he had written and so on. He unravelled at the interview and we clocked that he hadn't done any of this. For these he kept saying that he was planning to. At one point I asked him point blank if he had really worked at a US college he claimed to have been at for 5 years and he just didn't answer.

The email he sent when he was rejected was a joy of expletives and personal abuse. And poorly typed, too.

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

You've actually got me wondering if he actually made the model, or just planned to make it and never did?

I interviewed a guy for a lecturing job a few months back and this was the case. His CV talked about grants he had won, books he had written and so on. He unravelled at the interview and we clocked that he hadn't done any of this. For these he kept saying that he was planning to. At one point I asked him point blank if he had really worked at a US college he claimed to have been at for 5 years and he just didn't answer.

The email he sent when he was rejected was a joy of expletives and personal abuse. And poorly typed, too.

Is he the guy that went on to apply for a job as Dross's new advisor ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/21/scottish-tory-leader-job-offer-withdrawn-bogus-cv-douglas-ross

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

When I read that article a couple of days ago, this is exactly what came to mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Spent part of today as part of an interview panel. In the end it came down to two candidates and we struggled to separate which one to appoint as first choice candidate, and which one to have as a backup. 

Another guy on the panel started talking about the second candidate. "Well, his hands were shaking a bit, and he has grey hair even though he is younger than me. Maybe he has a medical condition. Maybe we should appoint the other one, just in case"

The woman from HR was, to say the least, not best pleased. 

23 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Spent part of today as part of an interview panel. In the end it came down to two candidates and we struggled to separate which one to appoint as first choice candidate, and which one to have as a backup. 

Another guy on the panel started talking about the second candidate. "Well, his hands were shaking a bit, and he has grey hair even though he is younger than me. Maybe he has a medical condition. Maybe we should appoint the other one, just in case"

HR oblivious to practicality as usual... 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Which one had the biggest tits?