Work colleagues

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

He's getting worse, and is actively not allowing me (indirectly obviously, he's not actually telling me this himself) to fix anything. If he's happy for the place to be a complete shambles, fine. 

Private sector, btw.

Keep a diary, Miguel. The c**t will throw you under the bus when somebody finally notices that he's making an arse of it. Fire off a wee "as we discussed, I've left the tower of widgets alone and not repaired them" email every time you're blocked from doing something.

We’ve hired a new guy and he has an anecdote for absolutely everything. Every morning we have a 15 minute catch up with the full team and since he’s joined easily 50% of it is spent listening to him talk about nonsense.

Peak of nonsense was him claiming that Sunderland have one of the best Scottish International players right now…I’ll let you guess who he’s referring to 

On 14/07/2023 at 13:52, parsforlife said:

Nah, pathetic incompetence and mentality exists in the private sector too

In a varied work CV, done 3 years local govt in Edinburgh, 10 years civil servant at DSS/DWP and can add another 20+ years in various private sector, from local SME to large multinationals there is incompetence and laziness evenly spread throughout. And the habit of promotion or redeployment to get rid of cretins happens everywhere.

Get him moved, he might be an idiot but getting him sacked is too much work but if he's moved he SEP. (Somebody Else's Problem).

The only mass shootings I can kind of understand is where someone snaps and goes to their place of work and deals with folk they know and have to work with.

There's a guy at my work who I have long suspected may be the most boring man I have ever met. Today he told me that he likes going to airshows.
It's nice to have long-standing prejudices confirmed.

He went on, holding court at the next bank of desks to where I was sitting, to complain at length about how much it is to get in, and to compare in detail how much it has gone up in various years since he was a young man. He then expanded on this with a diatribe on how shocking it is that there's also a £5 charge for car parking.

"I mean once you're in you'll be spending money on all sorts anyway.

Food...

A beer... or a coke of course.

A snack...

Maybe a programme if you fancy...

I mean, there's a lot of choice..."

I got up and left the room in a rage.

11 hours ago, milton75 said:

There's a guy at my work who I have long suspected may be the most boring man I have ever met. Today he told me that he likes going to airshows.

He went on, holding court at the next bank of desks to where I was sitting, to complain at length about how much it is to get in, and to compare in detail how much it has gone up in various years since he was a young man. He then expanded on this with a diatribe on how shocking it is that there's also a £5 charge for car parking.

Food...

A snack...

Oddly enough there's a similar post on an aviation website complaining about an Aberdeen supporter...

I'm going to get battered lads.

Nam Puang (Honey 8/10) sent me a person message for the first time today.

11:32 - Honey - I'm going to be late in the afternoon as I have drive back from Lopburi, so will miss the you.

12:02 - SlipperP - No problem

12:03 - Honey - Thanks ❤️❤️❤️

All in English

It's all work related, but the wife 100% reads my phone, will.......

13 hours ago, milton75 said:

Food...

A snack...

Might be able to raise you on this. 

Worked with a guy who's entire personality was basically the keto diet and not eating sugar except occasionally ice cream. My fucking god he was a drag. The team he came into was a really good laugh as well, wee bank of desks you could all just turn around get a bit of craic then back to work, as soon as he joined it would just die, but he didn't understand social cues of someone turning back to their desk meaning 'right fuckoff and leave me alone now' nah he'd sit there talking to the back of your head detailing something like his dinner the night before "got home last night, made some mince, some stock, some onion, little bit salt and pepper and you know what my son absolutely loved it." His token phrase was claiming his son "absolutely loved" every bland dish he served up. 

He was also a complete oddball, claimed many things like he couldn't find jeans or trousers to fit due to his thighs being so muscular but with a slim waist, all while wearing comfortably fitting trousers. Also that if he wasn't bald he'd be irresistible to women.  That women don't know what they want, but he does. He was divorced and single. 

One of these c***s you just couldn't seem to be able to end the mind numbingly boring conversation with as he'd just move onto another boring topic. 

Edited by thistledo

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

11:32 - Honey - I'm going to be late in the afternoon as I have drive back from Lopburi, so will miss the you.

All in English

Looks like her English is better than yours!

On 12/07/2023 at 22:38, strichener said:

I always say that anyone with two phones is one of - drug dealer, pimp or adulterer.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

All in English

Explain that because you only have one phone everything is fine.

915a1fc1b642399c5da22159d5aa119f--monty-python-wink-wink.jpg.fde31e873622520ba9a3e50810ba2c0b.jpg

16 hours ago, milton75 said:

Food...

A snack...

I take your airshows and raise you medieval battle re-enactments (apartly 14th century is more fun than 15th),

can also tell you the price of a suit of armour, what they actually wore (every fucking layer), how to sword fight and the lack of visibility when wearing a visored helmet. And I give not a f**k about any of these things but work with a bloke that does.

Some of you lads need to learn boundaries.

Battle re-enactments sound super though. I met a boy on a night out and he was obsessed. He was very much on the spectrum so didn't really care about reading the room, but I was fascinated tbh. 

Proper mediaeval enactments would go like this. 

SCOTS (on top of a hill, good position): Get it up ye, English arseholes

ENGLISH: I say, you Jockos are too afraid to fight us man to man

SCOTS: Aye, right pal (charge down hill)

ENGLISH: Right you taffs, unloose some arrows

WELSH ARCHERS: OK Boyo, take that Scots!

Final Casuality Score: Scotland 2000 killed,
                                         English and Welsh: One taff with a skelf in his pinkie

signed, 

A qualified Mediaeval historian

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

I take your airshows and raise you medieval battle re-enactments (apartly 14th century is more fun than 15th),

can also tell you the price of a suit of armour, what they actually wore (every fucking layer), how to sword fight and the lack of visibility when wearing a visored helmet. And I give not a f**k about any of these things but work with a bloke that does.

On the other hand, when this woman was on Pointless she said she'd spend the jackpot on new leather armour if she won. (She didn't.)

Kat (Pointless leather armour).jpg

4 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

I think one of my former work mates was into that. But as he was a hateful c**t and none of us liked him, we didn't get regaled with blow by blow accounts as nobody talked him.

Although I might be getting that mixed up with him collecting miniature Star Wars characters.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Proper mediaeval enactments would go like this. 

SCOTS (on top of a hill, good position): Get it up ye, English arseholes

ENGLISH: I say, you Jockos are too afraid to fight us man to man

SCOTS: Aye, right pal (charge down hill)

ENGLISH: Right you taffs, unloose some arrows

WELSH ARCHERS: OK Boyo, take that Scots!

Final Casuality Score: Scotland 2000 killed,
                                         English and Welsh: One taff with a skelf in his pinkie

signed, 

A qualified Mediaeval historian

With some minor adjustment, works for Romans vs Picts and Normans vs Saxons (and more recently, Ukrainians vs Russians near Kyiv)...the more things change, eh.