Work colleagues

15 hours ago, Swarley said:

Possibly, or maybe because the driver hasn't asked for so long he thinks it’s not an issue any longer? Either way the driver either needs to mention it again, leave the situation as it is, or stop giving him a lift. I'd go with the first one and if the freeloader kicks up then tell him to get the bus.

On the next trip, go via the nearest petrol station, and tell him it’s his turn.

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve had someone get in touch with me via LinkedIn about a potential job. 

It’s 4/5 days in the office, working an extra hour each day (compared to what I do just now) and no salary range available. 

Won’t be wasting my time replying

My work advertises jobs without a salary range too, I've quizzed HR to ask why as I may know friends with experience who might be interested, but can't put it to folk without a salary expectation.

5 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

My work advertises jobs without a salary range too, I've quizzed HR to ask why as I may know friends with experience who might be interested, but can't put it to folk without a salary expectation.

I believe one reason is that it’s to stop current employees asking for more money if the advertised salary is more than theirs. 

Absolutely shite patter regardless, seen a few things I’d be interested in applying for but I’m not wasting my time for them to offer a couple of grand less a year 

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm off work today as I have a hospital appointment, so will be missing a fortnightly meeting that I would normally have been in.

At the previous meeting, I let everyone know I wouldn't be there today, and it was minuted. On Thursday, I sent all the required information for the meeting to everyone who will be attending, including a reminder that I wouldn't be there. All of them replied to confirm they had received the information.

Last night at 9.30, I got a text from one of these colleagues to say she had just found out I won't be at the meeting, and thought I would have at least informed her in advance to give her time to prepare. I haven't replied yet, as she is one of the major supporters of the "don't reply to work emails and texts out of hours" policy, so wouldn't want her to be upset by me going against policy, but I do have a draft email prepared to send, which includes her acknowledging Thursday's email (and wishing me luck at today's appointment), along with a copy of the minutes from the previous meeting. Which she wrote.

I think tomorrow will be fun.

Image result for popcorn gif

On 19/08/2024 at 16:44, Central Belt Caley said:

I believe one reason is that it’s to stop current employees asking for more money if the advertised salary is more than theirs. 

Absolutely shite patter regardless, seen a few things I’d be interested in applying for but I’m not wasting my time for them to offer a couple of grand less a year 

On 19/08/2024 at 16:37, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

My answer if I get as far as speaking to them is 'well I'm not looking for a pay cut', then slightly exaggerating what I'm on.

Moved in Feb from employer of 3 years to new employer, at same time was talking to another company.

Two weeks ago I have moved again. the other company had come back, made an offer based on my info, the employer I handed my noticed to, made a counter offer for me to stay, and I then got a further counter offer they couldn't match.

6 months, 2 moves and a wee bit of negotiation on 2nd move and have managed a 18% salary bump this year.

Even if they don't say, worth the one call and just saying I ain't moving for a paycut and this is what I currently get (or say I get),

If they not in the game they won't phone back.

Today I walked into our main office. Im not there often.

To witness our new employee of 30 yo and 20 stone. Making a ticktok video.

How I know, was as I walk passed to say ok. She was sitting at the desk on the phone....On her screen was obviously her, but about 10 stone lighter.

I moved on quickly, however couldn't but here her comments.

'Working hard, working for life hahhha'

Insert Clint Eastwood gif

On 18/08/2024 at 19:15, philpy said:

A mate of mine has a bit of a dilemma. He picks a colleague up in the morning , and also drops him off afterwards. They'd agreed a monthly petrol cost (unsure what though). Said colleague hasn't given my mate petrol money for about a year, as he has "a few monthly outgoings" and is trying to get on his feet. He lives on his own. He has Just bought a dog, which probably wasn't cheap. So, he'll have an additional outlay of food and money for injections, as the dog is still a pup. Would my mate have a right to pull him up regarding petrol money??

What happened with this?

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

How I know, was as I walk passed to say ok. She was sitting at the desk on the phone....On her screen was obviously her, but about 10 stone lighter.

pics or.... :lol:

On 10/04/2024 at 11:02, Buzz Killington said:

Got an email from a manager in another office to email a form to a customer, which i did, manager then phoned to tell me I had sent the email to him instead of the intended receipient.  Without checking the first email I sent, I assumed I had hit reply instead of forward so i sent it again.  Two minutes later another phone call "you've sent it to me again".  Upon checking both emails, I sent both to the right person and had cc'd the manager into both so he could see it was done.  Turns out he just doesn't understand that he can be cc'd into emails.  "Why is it in my inbox if you sent it to the customer".  

Another cracker about this guy. 

Our company has an info@ email address that a lot of customers use as its on our website.  Before an IT upgrade at the weekend a few people in each office had access to it and would forward any email as appropriate.   After the IT upgrade the info@ email addreess is now appearing in everyones outlook as well as their own email address.  A lot of people in our office, especially this guy can't cope with this and think every email to the info@ email address is to them and can't understand why they are getting email starting Dear Emma or Dear Jim.  As of this morning it has reverted back to a few people in each office having access.

Accountants are thick as shit.

Edited by Buzz Killington

On 27/08/2024 at 12:07, Mark Connolly said:

I'm off work today as I have a hospital appointment, so will be missing a fortnightly meeting that I would normally have been in.

At the previous meeting, I let everyone know I wouldn't be there today, and it was minuted. On Thursday, I sent all the required information for the meeting to everyone who will be attending, including a reminder that I wouldn't be there. All of them replied to confirm they had received the information.

Last night at 9.30, I got a text from one of these colleagues to say she had just found out I won't be at the meeting, and thought I would have at least informed her in advance to give her time to prepare. I haven't replied yet, as she is one of the major supporters of the "don't reply to work emails and texts out of hours" policy, so wouldn't want her to be upset by me going against policy, but I do have a draft email prepared to send, which includes her acknowledging Thursday's email (and wishing me luck at today's appointment), along with a copy of the minutes from the previous meeting. Which she wrote.

I think tomorrow will be fun.

Update please.

On 27/08/2024 at 14:39, SlipperyP said:

Wid.

5 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Update please.

Sent the email on arrival in the office this morning. No reply, but she was stupid enough to have the read receipts on. She has avoided me all day, including when her boss asked me if everything went ok yesterday right outside her office.

I reckon I can get a fair bit of mileage out of it

9 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

Another cracker about this guy. 

Our company has an info@ email address that a lot of customers use as its on our website.  Before an IT upgrade at the weekend a few people in each office had access to it and would forward any email as appropriate.   After the IT upgrade the info@ email addreess is now appearing in everyones outlook as well as their own email address.  A lot of people in our office, especially this guy can't cope with this and think every email to the info@ email address is to them and can't understand why they are getting email starting Dear Emma or Dear Jim.  As of this morning it has reverted back to a few people in each office having access.

Accountants are thick as shit.

The amount of people don’t understand the difference between “To” and “CC” is unreal. Similarly the amount of people who still think of emails as “new technology “ is also mind blowing.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The amount of people don’t understand the difference between “To” and “CC” is unreal. Similarly the amount of people who still think of emails as “new technology “ is also mind blowing.

See also: people who don't understand the "BCC" function