Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Hughes might work out…there is some credence to the argument that he inherited some absolute keech – he did, they were Lockes players and ergo were dreadful.  However the way he handled it was atrocious. 

The he's hardly going to do anything different with the absolute dung in Dundee United's first team, such as 'The Edge' and Paul McMullan. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, virginton said:

The he's hardly going to do anything different with the absolute dung in Dundee United's first team, such as 'The Edge' and Paul McMullan. 

Difference being he has a window to address that this time. 

Easy to rewrite history - United's last three managers all looked decent appointments with guys who were in a good place career-wise.  Jackie Mac turned the place into a farce, Mixu went mad, McKinnon went signing mad. Tannadice is the Overlook Hotel of the Championship.

23 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Difference being he has a window to address that this time. 

United are skint and the dross that they've signed aren't going anywhere without a healthy payoff. 

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I keep forgetting they actually signed that fucking shitehawk. :lol:

He was probably their best player on Saturday yet MacKinnon took him off and stuck Durnan up front :lol:

Richie Foran is still out of a job and deserves a second chance or how about Gary Locke? I know he's had a lot of stick but the job he's done at Cowdenbeath surely means he is worth considering. Personally wouldn't wish Hughes on anyone right now.

8 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Seen yogi in Asda this morning. Please be true emoji120.pngemoji120.pngemoji39.png

Which Asda? I only ask because I have just found out he has been staying at the Hilton Doubletree for a few nights, there is the Asda just up the road so between us we have broken the case wide open (I'm actually being serious he has been staying there).

Welcome Yogi.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

If I remember right, he applied for the Caley Thistle job when Butcher left and Yogi got it.  Think I'd go for Appleton over Yogi if I were you!

You are making it sound like appointing Yogi was a disaster for us!

54 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

McMullan looked our best player by a country mile in the early stages of the season. Since then, outside of one decent performance at Dunfermline you'd struggle to assign pass marks to anyone.

One hard hit and he is done and goes into shell.

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

You are making it sound like appointing Yogi was a disaster for us!

Of course he wasn't and he was the right man at the right time for us, but would he be the man to revitalise Dundee United?  I don't think so.  

In that case, I hope they appoint him! :)

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

If Hughes gets the job I'll probably hurt myself. He is a total Mixu in that his career is the odd wee diamond in a skip of shite.

I imagine his team talks to be a cliche raffle of phrases like "on your toes", "second balls" and "go out and play your game"

I'd imagine he'd mention his footballing philosophy on how the game should be played at least 12 times too, and also regale them all with stories of his time as a player at Celtic and Hibs  thrown in for good measure,

Archived