c***s on the road

38 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Just like to wish the best of luck to the wifie I passed in my estate, trying to scrape her icy windscreen with a poly bag.

She probably put the poly bag over a scraper to keep the ice of her hand. Can't think of any other explanation.

23 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nearly crashed yesterday taking our daughter home from the Day Centre.

There are two lanes going down to the traffic lights as there is a left turn filter, and one lane coming in the opposite direction.

The inside lane was blocked due to a delivery lorry, so I was in the outside lane. There was another delivery lorry in the outbound lane, and it too, appeared to be stopped.

Just as I overtook the delivery lorry on my left and was preparing to turn into the inside lane, this woman came out from the petrol station on the left at quite a lick and turned right. It appears the delivery lorry which I thought had stopped had in fact stopped to let her out. I managed to get braked but our daughter got a bit of a sore shoulder where the safety belt caught her. If I had been going any faster - and I wasn't going that fast as I had just turned onto the road - I'd have rammed straight into the other car.

The dangers of waving people out when vision is restricted.

Should have taken my own advice - there was a car coming out of a butcher's car park on my left, waved her out, only for a car turning right to cut across me, thinking I was signalling at her! 

No damage done, though.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

If that was it, the scraper was inside and her hand was outside 🤷‍♂️

I think idiocy is the explanation. 

There is a 2021 TikTok of a “trick” to defrost your windshield “instantly” using a plastic bag of warm water and rubbing it over your windshield. It’s been in the U.S. edition of The Sun, and thus likely in the UK version too. Interestingly, The Sun version specifies hot water, suggesting Sun readers might get a physics lesson.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

There is a 2021 TikTok of a “trick” to defrost your windshield “instantly” using a plastic bag of warm water and rubbing it over your windshield. It’s been in the U.S. edition of The Sun, and thus likely in the UK version too. Interestingly, The Sun version specifies hot water, suggesting Sun readers might get a physics lesson.

That'll be it, I suspected some sort of 'life hack' would be involved. She looked the sort.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Just like to wish the best of luck to the wifie I passed in my estate, trying to scrape her icy windscreen with a poly bag.

An empty poly bag? I've heard of people filling like zip-lock bags with hot water and melting the ice that way....

ETA: Aye, as above then.

Edited by MP_MFC

The other week I saw a cyclist dodge a red light only to bump into a cyclist coming legitimately from a side street. 

The legal cyclist was a sweet old lady so no chance of the red light dodger getting a kick in the nads unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The other week I saw a cyclist dodge a red light only to bump into a cyclist coming legitimately from a side street. 

The legal cyclist was a sweet old lady so no chance of the red light dodger getting a kick in the nads unfortunately. 

Don’t count on it…

Seen a "crash" on the A720 this morning, 2 idiots, idiot in front wasn't paying attention so had to slam their brakes on when traffic slowed only for the idiot behind who was too close to rear end front idiot. 

This happened at the straiton junction in the fast lane during rush hour, no visible damage and instead of pulling into the lay-by a few hundred yards down the road they both just put on their hazards and got out and started talking, idiots blocking a lane needlessly but also putting themselves in danger for no reason.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Seen a "crash" on the A720 this morning, 2 idiots, idiot in front wasn't paying attention so had to slam their brakes on when traffic slowed only for the idiot behind who was too close to rear end front idiot. 

This happened at the straiton junction in the fast lane during rush hour, no visible damage and instead of pulling into the lay-by a few hundred yards down the road they both just put on their hazards and got out and started talking, idiots blocking a lane needlessly but also putting themselves in danger for no reason.

My pet hate on the bypass are the people who stay in the outside lane when coming round to the motorway junction, then expect to be able to cut over at the last second to go down to the motorway.