c***s on the road

On 23/12/2023 at 12:39, Peil said:

Taxi driver in Glasgow last night, rolls right through a green man/red light at the corner of George Sq/Queen St.
Nearly took out me and the wee man (trying to carry him over the puddles).

Proper purple faced wee roaster he was.

But harsh on your son imo.

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

You'll be shocked to find out who has been stirring up the hatred in Wales over the woke mob's removal of the sacred right to mow down kids at 30mph...

I have to say, that is a really decent bit of investigative journalism from Will Hayward, and shows up that campaign for exactly what it is.

Something that is in a bit of short supply these days.............

Having just returned from a 9 day, 2,220km road trip with the family from Sydney to Brisbane/Gold Coast I encountered a *lot* of cotr. In no particular order;

• middle lane hogging cnuts.
  • middle lane hogging cnuts who don't let you overtake.
  • cnuts who are doing less than the speed limit but immediately speed up when you try to overtake them.
  • cnuts who are doing less than the speed limit so you overtake them but then 10 mins later they are speeding past you only for you to catch them up again as they've started going less than the speed limit again, repeat process.
  • cnuts who join the motorway from a slip road but force you to move over or slow down if the outside lane is occupied.
  • cnuts who join the motorway from a slip road, force you to move over, and then immediately speed up to undertake you.
  • cnuts who drive with their full beam on and then get arsey when you flash them to try to tell them that their full beam is on.
  • Outside/fast/overtaking lane cnuts. This phenomenon is new to me. Usually cnuts in flashy cars but sometimes shitheaps who just sit in that lane speeding along even if there is nothing in the inside or middle lanes.
  • cnuts who don't understand what give way signs/road markings actually mean.

4 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Having just returned from a 9 day, 2,220km road trip with the family from Sydney to Brisbane/Gold Coast I encountered a *lot* of cotr. In no particular order;

• cnuts who are doing less than the speed limit but immediately speed up when you try to overtake them.
  • cnuts who are doing less than the speed limit so you overtake them but then 10 mins later they are speeding past you only for you to catch them up again as they've started going less than the speed limit again, repeat process.
  • cnuts who join the motorway from a slip road but force you to move over or slow down if the outside lane is occupied.
  • cnuts who join the motorway from a slip road, force you to move over, and then immediately speed up to undertake you.
  • cnuts who drive with their full beam on and then get arsey when you flash them to try to tell them that their full beam is on.
  • Outside/fast/overtaking lane cnuts. This phenomenon is new to me. Usually cnuts in flashy cars but sometimes shitheaps who just sit in that lane speeding along even if there is nothing in the inside or middle lanes.

That M1 between Brisbane and the Gold Coast is one of the worst roads I've driven for lunatics trying to kill each other

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

It's a prison island. What did you expect?

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That M1 between Brisbane and the Gold Coast is one of the worst roads I've driven for lunatics trying to kill each other

The standard of driving did seem to deteriorate when I crossed the border into QLD, but there were still many, many cnuts in NSW too. I found that stretch not too bad as I was travelling outside peak times and it was usually 3 or 4 empty lanes.

Folk pushing out at roundabouts. Worst I saw this was in Birmingham where virtually every two-lane roundabout was reduced to a single lane. When both lanes are full, the guy on the inside lane can't swerve and has to let them out. Getting more common up here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Me.

On the way home last Sunday and my indicator was on for a fair bit before I noticed.  I proceeded to spend the next few minutes desperately trying to turn it off to no avail - I though the electrics were fucked!  The wife then pointed out that I was actually putting the wipers on and off (that had not registered with me such as was my focus on solving the indicator issue) and that the indicator lever was on the other side.  We're right-hand drive here and from time-to-time this type of thing happens.  

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Me.

On the way home last Sunday and my indicator was on for a fair bit before I noticed.  I proceeded to spend the next few minutes desperately trying to turn it off to no avail - I though the electrics were fucked!  The wife then pointed out that I was actually putting the wipers on and off (that had not registered with me such as was my focus on solving the indicator issue) and that the indicator lever was on the other side.  We're right-hand drive here and from time-to-time this type of thing happens.  

I do that all the time because my van and my car stalks are the opposite way round, usually I notice when the wipers go on though tbh 😂

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I do that all the time because my van and my car stalks are the opposite way round, usually I notice when the wipers go on though tbh 😂

Right - that was what made it worse, wasn't even raining! 

I haven't really thought about it but I thought these things were standard within a country, but from your post it seems not.

55 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Right - that was what made it worse, wasn't even raining! 

I haven't really thought about it but I thought these things were standard within a country, but from your post it seems not.

Many years ago I was so annoyed with another driver that I washed my windscreen at him.

Yup, windscreen wipers and washers were on one "stick" at the side of the steering wheel, horn was on the other.

How we laughed.