c***s on the road

People who drive at 30 mph on the open road.

People who don't indicate.

People who do a u-turn on the main road.

People so oblivious of the traffic conditions ahead that they blithely drive on to a roundabout and block ingress to and egress from it.

All in the space of 10 minutes.

C****.

40 minutes ago, stanton said:

Auld Guy at the petrol pumps , filled up the walked over to pay for his fuel, left his door wide open so nobody could get past him to get to the pumps in front of his car 

Auld guys. Just cut them some slack eh!

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

2 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

I think there allowed to do that shit, it's called filtering or something 

Oh that wasn't what pissed me off. A moped on a motorway, with L plates.

I'm sure they are both still illegal (depends on the mopeds engine size), but L plates on a bike indicates he hadn't passed his test. That's a definite no no

6 hours ago, Peil said:

Oh that wasn't what pissed me off. A moped on a motorway, with L plates.

I'm sure they are both still illegal (depends on the mopeds engine size), but L plates on a bike indicates he hadn't passed his test. That's a definite no no

Unless they forgot to take the L plate off. The wording seems to be “should”, but there also doesn’t seem to be a regulation that punishes if you forget. It would give the polis a simple reason to pull you over.

Heading up the A96 this morning and some cnut in a bwm decided to squeeze between me and another van at the end of a crawler lane. Then spent the next half an hour following the van so closely that they were having to tap the breaks every 30 seconds to avoid running up the back of it. Arsehole.

22 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Heading up the A96 this morning and some cnut in a bwm decided to squeeze between me and another van at the end of a crawler lane. Then spent the next half an hour following the van so closely that they were having to tap the breaks every 30 seconds to avoid running up the back of it. Arsehole.

Aye, BWM drivers really are c****, in my experience...

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Estate drivers with full facial hair and glasses are not only cnuts but should also have their hard drives periodically checked too.

That is all.

😬

legit felt personally attacked for a second there but then i) im generally a rather good driver so hopefully not responsible for your ire and ii) you'll not find much exciting other than pictures of dugs and cats on my hard drive tbh

Edit: im hoping it wasnt a white estate...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Estate drivers with full facial hair and glasses are not only cnuts but should also have their hard drives periodically checked too.

That is all.

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

😬

legit felt personally attacked for a second there but then i) im generally a rather good driver so hopefully not responsible for your ire and ii) you'll not find much exciting other than pictures of dugs and cats on my hard drive tbh

Edit: im hoping it wasnt a white estate...

Agreed @Thistle_do_nicely , guilty of the first three but my hard drive is (I think) not worthy of attention.  My £5 says @BukyOHare drives either a VTEC Honda or an A-class Mercedes. 

10 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

but then i) im generally a rather good driver

a rather good driver are you? 👁️

Is that in the safe as houses sense or the can take the Haylie Brae at 40mph sense?

Spoiler

image.png.0155dcd199befe37ff26da03eaa65f52.png

Edited by 2426255

19 hours ago, Iminavest said:

This sort of stuff really confuses me, imagine how annoying it would be as the driver doing that, constantly braking, I wonder what they thinking at the time. The thing is, most modern BMWs will have cruise control that can detect a car in front and just keep them at A) a safe distance and B) the speed limit. 

Also if you are driving behind this, it can be quite easy to get drawn into reactionary braking if the vehicle in front is a van you can't see ahead of and instead end up having to leave a bigger than normal gap, then c***s decide it's fair play to undertake you. Classic Edinburgh to Glasgow and vice versa shenanigans. 

On 20/12/2023 at 23:26, alta-pete said:

Agreed @Thistle_do_nicely , guilty of the first three but my hard drive is (I think) not worthy of attention.  My £5 says @BukyOHare drives either a VTEC Honda or an A-class Mercedes. 

Perhaps every person is a bit much so apologies for that. 90% seems about fair and reasonable.

You can donate your £5 to charity as both car suggestions are wrong too.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-67803573

Community service for killing someone as a result of careless driving.

Seems like another in a long line of very lenient sentences for this sort of thing.

Maybe it’s community service clearing up rubbish alongside roadways, in the hopes it either scares him to be careful or gets HIM run over? Reading the story, it hardly seems an egregious case, which doesn’t excuse the crime.