c***s on the road

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

A quick Google tells me that the weight difference between charged and not charged is negligible. 

I've not got stats, but my skim reading would suggest that the difference between a full and empty petrol/diesel tank is much greater than between a charged and uncharged battery.  More potholes ahead.

naked-gun-facepalm.gif

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Van drivers in trading estates/industrial estates. Trying to find an address and the fannies in white vans are flying around at 100mph or tailgating you. 

I’m not sure of the cost per delivery model associated with these drivers but id imagine they are underpaid for the service they perform for their overlords. 

It’s not an excuse to drive like a cnut but the time pressure must be horrendous and can only lead to such behaviour. 

never had any major issue with van drivers, buses, taxi's or emergency services or anyone else who uses the road for their occupation. It's always people in their personal cars that are c**t drivers imo.

Edited by 2426255

52 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

never had any major issue with van drivers, buses, taxi's or emergency services or anyone else who uses the road for their occupation. It's always people in their personal cars that are c**t drivers imo.

Try the M9. Someone in an Advance Construction Scotland van will be along shortly making a mockery of driving standards. 

Got stuck behind a car yesterday afternoon which was doing 40 dropping to 30 on the open road, (50 even 60 is perfectly safe on this road), braking at every bend, braking whenever traffic came towards them (this was in daylight), and braking at every traffic hump. Just about let them away with that one, but the speed they were doing they hardly needed to.

Absolute blood pressure inducing 5 minutes before they thankfully turned off in another direction.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Got stuck behind a car yesterday afternoon which was doing 40 dropping to 30 on the open road, (50 even 60 is perfectly safe on this road), braking at every bend, braking whenever traffic came towards them (this was in daylight), and braking at every traffic hump. Just about let them away with that one, but the speed they were doing they hardly needed to.

Absolute blood pressure inducing 5 minutes before they thankfully turned off in another direction.

I totally get your frustration, but your too old for this road rage nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I totally get your frustration, but your too old for this road rage nonsense. 

You're never too old for road rage nonsense as our 14 year old grandson can attest, having witnessed numerous instances of my anger as he rides shotgun - he's starting to catch on himself now!

Anyway, it's one of my few pleasures in life now.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're never too old for road rage nonsense

Too right, it's a cumulative thing - the more such c***s you encounter over the years, the worse it gets.

If they made sidewinder missiles available as a factory-fitted option, I would be first in the queue.

T00897_10.jpg

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

NHS Norn Iron's latest wheeze to induce fatal cardiac arrest and reduce the number of potential bedblockers.

I admire their initiative.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing the 2 grandsons over this evening I noticed the amount of litter decorating the verges was horrendous, some folk are just tramps.

Earlier I was parked in a car park and the number of people ignoring the one way system was astonishing.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bringing the 2 grandsons over this evening I noticed the amount of litter decorating the verges was horrendous, some folk are just tramps.

Earlier I was parked in a car park and the number of people ignoring the one way system was astonishing.

Trucker's Tizer?

Dash Cam Owners Australia release a compilation of videos every April 1st. Its of idiots who think someone else is at fault or absolutely minor or nonexistent issues.

8 hours ago, Swarley said:

Dash Cam Owners Australia release a compilation of videos every April 1st. Its of idiots who think someone else is at fault or absolutely minor or nonexistent issues.

There's a channel on YouTube which is the UK equivalent. 

Folk with dashcams are amongst the worst offenders. It's as if they feel that having a camera means they can do no wrong. 

I used to work in insurance and it was unbelievable the amount of folk who would send in dashcam footage of an accident which showed they were the one at fault. 

Then there’s the ones who weren’t at fault to begin with but they take absolutely no evasive action to avoid an accident because they had right of way.