c***s on the road

On 04/08/2021 at 15:31, scottsdad said:

Driving from Falkirk towards the M9 at ~12.30 today. Driving along at 60, the speed limit, heading towards the Klondike garden centre. A car was ready to pull out in front of me (coming from Cadgers Brae). No way, I thought. He started puling out, then stopped. Then went for it. I had to slam my brakes (and my horn) and slowed to 15 mph.

This happened to me again at lunchtime today. Same place. 

On 16/08/2021 at 17:51, parsforlife said:

No, its not acceptable for you to sit in the outside lane on the motorway doing 50 for miles. Fud

There’s a little known provision in the Highway Code* that allows other drivers to overtake on the inside, force such idiots to a halt, drag them out of their vehicles and kick the shit out of them.

* If there’s not then there should be.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a little known provision in the Highway Code* that allows other drivers to overtake on the inside, force such idiots to a halt, drag them out of their vehicles and kick the shit out of them.

Lambie's Law I believe 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I regularly undertake middle lane hoggers. I know you're not supposed to but I delight in doing so. However your average middle lane hogger is completely unaware of the utter humiliation that they have suffered as a result of my action and quite happily plod along causing me no end of irritation. Ultimately they win and carry on in their own wee world unaware of the mess and seethe they cause in a number of other drivers that encounter them. 

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I regularly undertake middle lane hoggers. I know you're not supposed to but I delight in doing so. However your average middle lane hogger is completely unaware of the utter humiliation that they have suffered as a result of my action and quite happily plod along causing me no end of irritation. Ultimately they win and carry on in their own wee world unaware of the mess and seethe they cause in a number of other drivers that encounter them. 

Going back to the thread title, there are c***s on the road who know they are being c***s but the worst ones are the ones who are totally unaware of their c**ntishness.

For those who aren't familiar with the road, on the A9 northbound between Inverness and the Tore roundabout there's a right hand turn heading towards Munlochy, Avoch, Cromarty.  The amount of fuds who are planning going there and then sit in the right hand lane for about a mile doing 50-60mph is wild.  There's regular undertaking done there, including me.  It's basically part of your journey these days, knowing you'll be undertaking someone on that wee stretch of the A9.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

For those who aren't familiar with the road, on the A9 northbound between Inverness and the Tore roundabout there's a right hand turn heading towards Munlochy, Avoch, Cromarty.  The amount of fuds who are planning going there and then sit in the right hand lane for about a mile doing 50-60mph is wild.  There's regular undertaking done there, including me.  It's basically part of your journey these days, knowing you'll be undertaking someone on that wee stretch of the A9.

Yep, 100%. Also bad for the reverse of it. Fannies who forget to move out until the very last minute. A number of times I’ve had to slam on the anchors because some fud just indicates and pulls out without looking. 

6 hours ago, Empty It said:

Even worse are the c***s that think the outside lane of the motorway is the 70mph lane and will sit there regardless if they're overtaking or not.

I don't see that very much.

I do see the middle lane hogging lot. Every time I'm out. Empty motorway, sat in the middle lane FFS!!!! 😒

Every time I've driven north I've had this. Wankers.

Worse though are straight line heroes on the stretch from the Achnasheen turn off to Contin southbound. We were third in a queue of about 20 cars were stuck behind some dithering, plodding old c**t at about 35mph, the sort who brakes simply because of the mere presence of an oncoming vehicle in the northbound lane. There are only three reasonable overtake possibilities on the stretch, one of which was packed with oncoming cars, the other two the old c**t booted it up to 50 and the next two cars wouldn't overtake. Absolutely fucking seething. Finally passed him on the dualler. I hope he drove off the fucking Kessock Bridge.

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

^^^ taking no account of the horrendous history of this junction and the fact that it is perfectly acceptable to undertake in such circumstance.

8 hours ago, Rugster said:

Yep, 100%. Also bad for the reverse of it. Fannies who forget to move out until the very last minute. A number of times I’ve had to slam on the anchors because some fud just indicates and pulls out without looking. 

^^^ fundamentally understands the core competencies involved in controlling the space around one's vehicle such that risk is mitigated.

The amount of drivers who navigate junctions on the wrong side of the road out of sheer laziness is absolutely wild. Mostly in residential areas because apparently if it’s relatively quiet you don’t need to keep to your own side of the road or something like that.

On 05/08/2021 at 16:32, gav-ffc said:

The roundabout is supposed to be getting lights like earlsegate so should allow time to come out of they junctions a little easier.

Earlsgate roundabout is a disaster since they "upgraded" it. Why do road planners have to take perfectly functional roundabouts and screw them up with traffic lights purely to solve a supposed problem that only happens for a short period 5 days a week. Rather than queues at the busy time of the day, you get queues 24hrs a day as cars are held needlessly at the lights.

Undertaking can be a risky manoeuvre as you are almost certainly dealing with a driver with little awareness of what is happening on the road, probably also not using mirrors. That person might suddenly decide to return to an inside lane. 

I've undertook a couple of times at night on the Tay Road bridge when coming across drivers inexplicably occupying the right hand lane for the entire crossing, but made sure they were aware of my presence before carrying it out. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe