c***s on the road

I wouldn't like this guy to be tailgating me
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60301705

Reminds me of Smokey Nagata. Basically, a Japanese guy brought his 1000hp Toyota Supra to the UK with the aim of hitting 200mph on the motorway. Think he got clocked at 190 odd before the police stopped him.

This was the 90s so he got a night in the cells before legging it back to Japan the next day. I'm sure there's some grainy footage on Youtube somewhere (most likely filmed on a JVC handycam).

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Reminds me of Smokey Nagata. Basically, a Japanese guy brought his 1000hp Toyota Supra to the UK with the aim of hitting 200mph on the motorway. Think he got clocked at 190 odd before the police stopped him.

This was the 90s so he got a night in the cells before legging it back to Japan the next day. I'm sure there's some grainy footage on Youtube somewhere (most likely filmed on a JVC handycam).

The M25 used to be used as a bit of a racetrack before speed cameras were invented. Bankers (or others that could afford Ferraris/Porsches etc) used to meet and try and get round it as quickly as possible, with some managing it in less than an hour. 

The orbital nature of the motorway, in common with racetracks, lends itself to unofficial, and illegal, motor racing. At the end of the 1980s, before the advent of speed enforcement devices, owners of supercars would meet at night at service stations such as South Mimms and conduct time trials.[111] Times below 1 hour were achieved – an average speed of over 117 mph (188 km/h), which included coming to a halt at the Dartford Tunnel road user charge payment booths.[112][113] The winner received champagne rather than money. The Enfield Gazette referred to an "M25 club", and posters appeared near the M25 advertising the "First London Cannonball Run".[111] The racing had mostly disappeared by the end of the 1980s after speed cameras were introduced.[114]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_motorway

0845 this morning a guy flashed his lights at me. As I passed him I could see he was doing gestures with his hands as if he was turning a switch i.e for me to turn my lights on. Thing is though, it was broad daylight, sun was out and there were blue skies. Laughable. If someone couldn’t see me without my lights on in those conditions then they shouldn’t be on the road. Needless to say I did not turn my lights on.

17 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I've been driving a lot in that England lately and their c***s on the road make our c***s look like good c***s. Some shocking driving and a complete lack of respect for others. It is noticeably worse than in Scotland.

My sister lives down south about an hour from Bristol, I've always noticed a marked difference too in driving standards

5 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

0845 this morning a guy flashed his lights at me. As I passed him I could see he was doing gestures with his hands as if he was turning a switch i.e for me to turn my lights on. Thing is though, it was broad daylight, sun was out and there were blue skies. Laughable. If someone couldn’t see me without my lights on in those conditions then they shouldn’t be on the road. Needless to say I did not turn my lights on.

Are you sure you read his hand gesture correctly?

On 09/02/2022 at 14:59, Ron Aldo said:

The guy who owned Rockstar games (i think) turned up at a Crail Trackday 20+ years ago with a mental Nissan Skyline GTR. He'd paid £100,000 for it to be imported from Japan. He claimed it was capable of about 220mph on the road. It was well over 1000bhp - he hadn't found a rolling road set up anywhere that was capable of accurately testing it. IIRC 0-60 was about 3 secs and it did a standing QM in 10.8 seconds which was ludicrous. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

The guy who owned Rockstar games (i think) turned up at a Crail Trackday 20+ years ago with a mental Nissan Skyline GTR. He'd paid £100,000 for it to be imported from Japan. He claimed it was capable of about 220mph on the road. It was well over 1000bhp - he hadn't found a rolling road set up anywhere that was capable of accurately testing it. IIRC 0-0 was about 3 secs and it did a standing QM in 10.8 seconds which was ludicrous. 
My Duster does 0-0 in half that time.

My street.
Despite there being plenty of space on the other side of the road some twat decides to do this.
Clearly no brain engaged.
DSC_0197.thumb.JPG.db94d1067fe732416b67caae8656bdf1.JPG
No shock to see it's an Audi driver, also very brave putting a picture of your street Hedgecutter will be along for dinner shortly.

9 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

My street.

Despite there being plenty of space on the other side of the road some twat decides to do this.

Clearly no brain engaged.

DSC_0197.JPG

Wifie could at least have got the dug to leave a "present" on the soft top roof ...

13 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

You sure showed him!