c***s on the road

13 hours ago, DosserDel said:

Haven't read entire thread, so this has probably been covered before, but c*nts who can't maintain steady progress on the motorway when the road in front is completely clear. 

Driving works 7.5T van on M8 today, so restricted to 56mph. 

Daft bint in front doing roughly this, so happily following behind. 

Next thing she's dropped down to 50, so move into middle lane to pass her, halfway through overtaking she decides to go up to about 60 and pass me by on the inside, causing me to have to drop back in behind. 

Similar situation shortly after, but this time I pass her and pull back in infront. 

Next thing she's off at about 70 and disappearing into the distance, thank f*ck thinks I. 

Lo and behold, 5 mins later I am stuck behind the absolute melt in the inside lane again.!! 

Ultimate, rage inducing c*nt on the road!! 

Answering texts, or updating Social Media - "Bloody lorry keeps catching me up and trying to overtake lol x"

I think I qualify as a c**t on the road since I got pulled over and done for speeding last week. I also got breathalysed and genuinely saw my life flash before my eyes before blowing in to the wee tube as I recalled the excesses of the previous night. Luckily I blew a zero but lesson well and truly learnt. The extra £150 on my insurance renewal plus the £100 fine is a great deterrent to slowing things down a bit. 

56 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I think I qualify as a c**t on the road since I got pulled over and done for speeding last week. I also got breathalysed and genuinely saw my life flash before my eyes before blowing in to the wee tube as I recalled the excesses of the previous night. Luckily I blew a zero but lesson well and truly learnt. The extra £150 on my insurance renewal plus the £100 fine is a great deterrent to slowing things down a bit. 

My insurance barely went up at all when I got 6 points in the space of an hour passing the same camera twice. Very careful ever since though.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My insurance barely went up at all when I got 6 points in the space of an hour passing the same camera twice. Very careful ever since though.

I have 6 altogether now. It was more the thought of a failed breath test and potentially losing my job that was the problem. 

Haven't read entire thread, so this has probably been covered before, but c*nts who can't maintain steady progress on the motorway when the road in front is completely clear. 
Next thing she's dropped down to 50, so move into middle lane to pass her, halfway through overtaking she decides to go up to about 60 and pass me by on the inside, causing me to have to drop back in behind. 
Similar situation shortly after, but this time I pass her and pull back in infront. 
Next thing she's off at about 70 and disappearing into the distance, thank f*ck thinks I. 
Lo and behold, 5 mins later I am stuck behind the absolute melt in the inside lane again.!! 
Get this all the time on the A9. Stick cruise control at 70, somebody will creep past you at 72 then pull in and slow to 68 forcing you to immediately pull out to overtake them. Repeat continually untill Dunblane.

8 hours ago, CountyFan said:

What was the timing between drinking and being stopped and quantity of drink? Had a similar experience a few years ago, but the copper was on her own and didn't have a breathalyser. She left me in my car while she radioed colleagues. Obviously drew a blank and let me go. Worst 10 minutes of my life and lesson learned.

4 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:
22 hours ago, DosserDel said:

Get this all the time on the A9. Stick cruise control at 70, somebody will creep past you at 72 then pull in and slow to 68 forcing you to immediately pull out to overtake them. Repeat continually untill Dunblane.

It was probably because you're both on cruise control at slightly different speeds and can't be arsed making a minor adjustment. Who cares if you're going at 68 or 72?

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What was the timing between drinking and being stopped and quantity of drink? Had a similar experience a few years ago, but the copper was on her own and didn't have a breathalyser. She left me in my car while she radioed colleagues. Obviously drew a blank and let me go. Worst 10 minutes of my life and lesson learned.

6 pints and a double whisky. Finished at midnight-ish. Stopped at 1pm. 

I had a similar escape a week ago. Had 5 pints and 2 nips on Friday, last nip was 11pm, had an accident with the car at 10.20. ran into the back of a taxi. the police passed by just after it happened, it wasn't traffic police, and they just made sure nobody was injured and both parties had exchanged insurance details and they went away.

It was probably because you're both on cruise control at slightly different speeds and can't be arsed making a minor adjustment. Who cares if you're going at 68 or 72?
But why would the overtaking car slow down if they're on cruise control? My point is just pick a speed and stick to it.

28 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
On 29/12/2018 at 18:23, welshbairn said:

But why would the overtaking car slow down if they're on cruise control? My point is just pick a speed and stick to it.

Fascist. Not sure if every car has exact speedometers anyway, 

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It wouldn’t matter if the speedometer is exact or not. If the cruise control was on it would remain at the same speed.

If the other car's speedo was a mile or 2 mph different would it matter to a normal person not using cruise control?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If the other car's speedo was a mile or 2 mph different would it matter to a normal person not using cruise control?

If not using cruise control then regardless of the accuracy of the speedo the driver should be able to keep their speed within a few mph rather than constantly speeding up then slowing down. The initial complaint is entirely valid.