c***s on the road

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Haha.  My step-son was in court last week having done just that. He can't afford the points on his licence cos he'll lose his job so it's been £1600 to a "Mr Loophole" lawyer to get him off. 

What was the loophole?

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Not sure - think he's trying to get the charge reduced.  He's my step-son not my real son so I'm not actually interested.

I got a phone call about 2am from an acquaintance who'd just been caught drink driving, asking me to say I'd spiked his coke with vodka in the pub earlier. Told him to GTF, but he got a couple of other guys to lie in court for him and he got off. 

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I always wondered, mainly due to people ignoring road markings in my local supermarket car park- do normal driving regulations apply to private property such as car parks? If you have a bump due to someone not following normal rules, driving the wrong way up a lane against road markings etc., how does the law (and insurance companies) look at it?

I assume the law couldn't care less but insurance companies will apply normal rules. Anyone had any experience?

Posted this on another thread - Popped into Tesco (in Cookstown) for a couple of items - ended up buying 4 items - took me longer getting out of the car park and onto the main road than it did to do my shopping. Most of the cars parked in the disabled bays weren't displaying a disabled badge, cars were parked taking up 2 spaces, cars were parked where they shouldn't have been parked, restricting vision, and there were cars blocking the exits because they were sitting in a stationary queue.

My local supermarket has the exit at the far side from the shop so there's never any cars parked in the spaces around there. All the lanes around the parking spaces converge on the exit and most people drive directly across the empty parking bays from various directions. It ends up as a game of chicken half the time and is an accident waiting to happen.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I always wondered, mainly due to people ignoring road markings in my local supermarket car park- do normal driving regulations apply to private property such as car parks? If you have a bump due to someone not following normal rules, driving the wrong way up a lane against road markings etc., how does the law (and insurance companies) look at it?

I assume the law couldn't care less but insurance companies will apply normal rules. Anyone had any experience?

Unless it involves injury or drink/drug driving,  cops wont be interested as it's not on a public road. I'm sure the insurance companies would gladly use the opportunity to screw you though.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It got pretty heated, trollies being used as battering rams. There seemed to be a spare parking space at the end of the clip.

Lucky they weren't in Cookstown Tesco yesterday afternoon...

You just know the Citroen driver voted for Brexit. 

Not quite on the road, but was at the panto earlier. Came back to the multi storey car park, massive queue to get out. After not moving for 5 minutes, gets out to ask what the hold up is. Turns out that not one, but two, complete twats have driven up to the barriers without paying first.

14 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Not quite on the road, but was at the panto earlier. Came back to the multi storey car park, massive queue to get out. After not moving for 5 minutes, gets out to ask what the hold up is. Turns out that not one, but two, complete twats have driven up to the barriers without paying first.

Oh no they didn't!

38 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

23 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Oh no they didn't!

F*** you, Boghead ranter! :lol:

Haven't read entire thread, so this has probably been covered before, but c*nts who can't maintain steady progress on the motorway when the road in front is completely clear. 

Driving works 7.5T van on M8 today, so restricted to 56mph. 

Daft bint in front doing roughly this, so happily following behind. 

Next thing she's dropped down to 50, so move into middle lane to pass her, halfway through overtaking she decides to go up to about 60 and pass me by on the inside, causing me to have to drop back in behind. 

Similar situation shortly after, but this time I pass her and pull back in infront. 

Next thing she's off at about 70 and disappearing into the distance, thank f*ck thinks I. 

Lo and behold, 5 mins later I am stuck behind the absolute melt in the inside lane again.!! 

Ultimate, rage inducing c*nt on the road!! 

1 minute ago, DosserDel said:

Haven't read entire thread, so this has probably been covered before, but c*nts who can't maintain steady progress on the motorway when the road in front is completely clear. 

Driving works 7.5T van on M8 today, so restricted to 56mph. 

Daft bint in front doing roughly this, so happily following behind. 

Next thing she's dropped down to 50, so move into middle lane to pass her, halfway through overtaking she decides to go up to about 60 and pass me by on the inside, causing me to have to drop back in behind. 

Similar situation shortly after, but this time I pass her and pull back in infront. 

Next thing she's off at about 70 and disappearing into the distance, thank f*ck thinks I. 

Lo and behold, 5 mins later I am stuck behind the absolute melt in the inside lane again.!! 

Ultimate, rage inducing c*nt on the road!! 

Heavy smoker slowing down while she rolls the next one imo. I always roll mine before I set off.