The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Just now, The Other Foot said:

I've never had enough money to buy a monkfish just to deep fry it in cheap batter...but I bet it would be fucking delicious. 

Not one I've tried, but I would tend to agree. Even better in an expensive batter mind you!

14 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Cod is a vastly superior fish to Haddock in both flavour and texture. Neither is remotely close to the fish supper king; Turbot.

Due to not being a millionaire i've not tried a turbot supper. You are wrong about cod. Decent baked but turns to a slimy mess in batter. And the bones are potentially lethal. 

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Due to not being a millionaire i've not tried a turbot supper. You are wrong about cod. Decent baked but turns to a slimy mess in batter. And the bones are potentially lethal. 

FWIW I used to work with a fisherman from Peterhead that assured me Haddock was the superior fash. Cod’s full of worms apparently, haven’t touched it since. Had a smoked haddock supper a few weeks back which was simply loveleh. 

9 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

FWIW I used to work with a fisherman from Peterhead that assured me Haddock was the superior fash. Cod’s full of worms apparently, haven’t touched it since. Had a smoked haddock supper a few weeks back which was simply loveleh. 

Nematodes. As long as you cook the fish properly, they die and you are fine. You get them in haddock (and plenty meat dishes) too. Cook your food properly, and you are fine. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

40 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Cod is a vastly superior fish to Haddock in both flavour and texture. Neither is remotely close to the fish supper king; Turbot.

i'm not having that, cod is w**k, in my younger days, i liked a Barramundi & Chips after a few schooners

27 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I’ll be doing the conger like the rest of you, when they die again. Until then though, let’s just scale the celebrations back a bit.

You're a dab hand at the puns tbf.

The old man went fishing and caught a cod and we gave the cat some of it. The cat turned its nose up at it so we had to eat the rest with chips.

The same cat would immediately go on the scrounge if you brought a haddock supper home though. Discerning creatures, cats.

18 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I don't know that. I know u get an extra vinegary brown sauce sold in chippers but thought it was just cheapo brown sauce tbh. 

And it's shite.

Nonce.

18 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The "secret" sauce is - iirc - Goldstar Brown Sauce (made somewhere thru the west, coatbridge maybe?) and mixed with malt vinegar.

So, one part of your post is right - it is fairly cheap brown sauce, but to make it properly it has to be the right one.

Not very banterrrific, sorry..............

Distilled vinegar I think, not malt.

38 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

This pun shite is getting serious trout of controll. 

Don’t talk pollocks. Hardly off the scale for fucks hake.