Are Smart Phones killing Society?

We are all guilty of it, some more than others. Faces glued to phones, missed conversations leading to missed opportunities. Concerts, events, plays etc not viewed through the eye but viewed through the phone. Wee adrenaline surges when one gets a like as if it's of utter importance whilst conversation and real time events suffer. What does the future hold and will there be social problems in years to come. We move with the future but are we heading towards a less social society as opposed to the 'bringing everyone together' promise of the smaller world..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

We are all guilty of it, some more than others. Faces glued to phones, missed conversations leading to missed opportunities. Concerts, events, plays etc not viewed through the eye but viewed through the phone. Wee adrenaline surges when one gets a like as if it's of utter importance whilst conversation and real time events suffer. What does the future hold and will there be social problems in years to come. We move with the future but are we heading towards a less social society as opposed to the 'bringing everyone together' promise of the smaller world..

f**k up grandad

^ ^ ^
Posted using the P&B App.

• 9 months later...

Nothing funnier than when somebody glued to their phone walks into a lamp post and I'm fully willing to treat the so-called death of society as collateral damage if it ensures that the great show goes on.

On 23/12/2017 at 11:30, Tynierose said:

If looking at my phone means I don't have to indulge in meaningless conversations with randoms then I'm delighted.

How ironic. 

Archived