Ross' Resplendency .vs. Csaba's Shenanigans - 29/12 - 19:45

Yeah, this game isn't going ahead. The snow is possibly 4 inches deep just now, it's still falling, and while that will clear it'll turn into slush then ice. As the game is a night time kick off, the surrounding area will be considered "unsafe" by the police. If it was 3'o clock kick off, we might have managed it.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Club have tweeted the pitch is fine but there is a concern about the surrounding areas.

Further update at 12pm.

Serious question.  Is it only football matches that are called off due to the condition of the ‘surrounding area’?

I’m struggling to remember a gig or any other major event being called off for that reason.

6 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Club have tweeted the pitch is fine but there is a concern about the surrounding areas.

Further update at 12pm.

I think we all thought that this would be the biggest issue. I remember once, our pitch was flooded (about 5 years ago?) but every other time a game has been cancelled hasn't it been purely on the ground outside and not the actual pitch?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Serious question.  Is it only football matches that are called off due to the condition of the ‘surrounding area’?

I’m struggling to remember a gig or any other major event being called off for that reason.

It's a fair point, I'm not sure when this first started happening. I mean if the area is so unsafe* then evacuate the residents!

* - I realise the ground is in Feegie so "unsafe" is entirely contextual.

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Tony Fitz contacted the fan group and asked if they can get as many bodies and shovels dow n to the stadium this morning.

It would appear they are hoping to get the surrounding streets cleared.

Fair play to the guys that are heading down.

Come on Arabs - get yer buses on the go now and bring yer shovels and make yourself useful.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

You seem very angry for a Buddhist.

You also seem very angry even by the standards of St Mirren fans.

I always find that the people who make spurious claims about anger, are in fact the angry ones themselves.

Fyvie injured and the transfer window not open yet to dump the shit McKinnon brought in? Ol' shabba will be dancing in the streets of United tonight if the game is called off.

ps: I'm not a Buddhist, I'm a Buddist.. ;)

Archived