Irn Bru

I'm still changing my mind on it. I find it hard to believe it has as much sugar as it claims. It's got a similar kind of dryness and strange aftertaste to it that you get in diet drinks. It just doesn't taste of... much. 

Shut up mate, it’s fucking tremendous.

Yesterday I finally tucked into my first bottle. I really enjoyed it, thought it was really nice. Been so long since I had a can of the "real" stuff that I can't remember how that tasted, but this is definitely better than the current stuff being served up. 

Had a bottle on Christmas day and another yesterday. Much better than what passes as the normal stuff now but not quite what i was. Ideally, sales will be good enough that they can justify selling the real thing along with the reduced sugar one.

They're daft if they don't continue to sell the 1901 stuff as it's quite clearly better than the regular stuff. They definitely chose the wrong option when they halved the sugar levels, if they'd raised the price I don't think people would have minded all that much. 

They're daft if they don't continue to sell the 1901 stuff as it's quite clearly better than the regular stuff. They definitely chose the wrong option when they halved the sugar levels, if they'd raised the price I don't think people would have minded all that much. 
Perhaps they felt they had to show us how shite it could be before hitting us with the price hike

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
22 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Perhaps they felt they had to show us how shite it could be before hitting us with the price hike

I see where you're coming from but surely it'd be a bit of a long gamble given that the new, crap recipe has been around for almost 2 years. I just think they didn't realise just how many people would be willing to pay more to get the good stuff.