What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Ironically blaming football is society way to avoiding responsibility 
We are obviously never going to agree here so let’s not waste each other’s time 
You have your own small minded view on the problem and are unwilling to change it. 

How many people attend church each week, and demonstrate some sort of commitment to their religion?

How many people attend Celgers games, and how many more identify as fans of theirs and enjoy the associated bile?

It might have been once true to say its societies problem, but the reality is Celtic and Rangers hold sway over a significantly bigger slice of people than any church these days.

Society has moved on. It is you and your kin who are welded to the divisions of the past.

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think it's easy to identify who prefers what.

Judaism - Proper old-school, but struggles to attract followers these days, and displays no real interest in doing so. Even those who do follow in the modern world only tend to do so through family connections and don't take it that seriously. - Queens Park

Christianity - Always having a row with itself and has become such a disorganised shambles that nobody knows what it is anymore and most people struggle to see it having any relevance in the future. - Falkirk

Islam - Its supporters tend to come from shiteholes, it gets a lot of media attention every now and then, but its main activity actually just involves walking round in circles and not actually going anywhere. - St Mirren

Buddhism - Tries to pretend suffering isn't really real, which involves more or less a denial of reality. Often gets a good press despite many of its followers being as walloperish as any other religion. - Hibs

Hinduism - Exaggerated sense of its own historical and global importance and a complex system if reverence for a bunch of 'Gods' that few outsiders could identify or have ever heard of. - Aberdeen

Shintoism - No defined system of morality and a lack of willingness to step out of the crowd and have an individual opinion among the herd. - Rangers

Taoism - A huge focus on inaction and simplicity. Clearly the people of Ayrshire. - Kilmarnock

I don't fully agree with Falkirk. I think you can break Christianity down further (look forward to it):

Evangelical, Baptist, Anglican, Mormons, Catholic, Presbyterianism, Eastern Orthodox and Puritans/Quakers

Free Church - Teuchters love it, none of your fancy idols or sacraments, got rid of them way back. Boring and steady for the most part with zero flourish. Excitement limited. What should be 1.5 hours of torture ends up being an all day affair - Scotland

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How many people attend church each week, and demonstrate some sort of commitment to their religion?

How many people attend Celgers games, and how many more identify as fans of theirs and enjoy the associated bile?

It might have been once true to say its societies problem, but the reality is Celtic and Rangers hold sway over a significantly bigger slice of people than any church these days.

Society has moved on. It is you and your kin who are welded to the divisions of the past.

It really is a problem with society 

Ive said it before, all I want is for people not to be abused because of their background 

Some people refuse to accept it’s a problem we still have in Scotland, particularly towards Catholics 

47 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Not going to deny that is pretty poor stuff from Celtic, the base point I'm trying to make is people, regardless of who they support want to watch their team and in my opinion its pretty petty to have thousands of empty seats at games which could be mostly occupied by paying punters, but too many people have a deep seated dislike of Celtic and Rangers fans so actively take pleasure at scenarios like that which, frankly is massive virgin type behaviour. 

What sectarian songs do Celtic fans sing?

IMG_20171211_232951.jpg

Kris Boyd being an *********** is one of them.

PS - I know that you will come back with questions about how can the colour orange be sectarian and I know that. Everyone in Scotland knows the context behind calling someone orange or whatever. If you want to hide behind legalities or whatever that is up to you.  I personally don’t have much issues with anything anyone sings at the football but just because I don’t find it offensive doesn’t mean that others don’t.

22 minutes ago, velo army said:

But I'm a Catholic. 

Also, the first time I ever heard that term my mate got called it and we both pissed ourselves laughing. It's funny. In fact it became a running joke with us for years. My da' has a set of rosaries in every one of his 7 (seven) jackets, so it's fucking apt. 

Another thing. My pal and I had never been called anti-irish Catholic stuff before. Why? He is a Motherwell fan and I am a jags fan. 

You're right about sectarianism in that it isn't the right word to use. It's nowt to do with religion. Catholics and proddies tend to live and let live and are mostly baffled by "Scotland's shame". It's kept alive by Rangers and Celtic. 

It’s unacceptable and highly offensive language, no matter how you try and dress it up

It shouldn’t be used on this forum.

33 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Yeah I decided a multiquote was better than linking the post. All about the clarity.

It was well played and deserving of a like, infact have another like.

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s unacceptable and highly offensive language, no matter how you try and dress it up

It shouldn’t be used on this forum.

Offence requires two parties, one to intend and one to take offence. 

You seem to take umbridge like it's methodone so I daresay you're not an accurate judge of what is offensive.

You can choose to be offended or not. I would recommend not. It's less stressful, but then again you fucking love being in a victim story so crack on.

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

Offence requires two parties, one to intend and one to take offence. 

You seem to take umbridge like it's methodone so I daresay you're not an accurate judge of what is offensive.

You can choose to be offended or not. I would recommend not. It's less stressful, but then again you fucking love being in a victim story so crack on.

It’s a derogative term and you shouldn’t be calling people on here it

Its as simple as that

Believe me it says a lot more about yourself than me if you use it. 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Not going to deny that is pretty poor stuff from Celtic, the base point I'm trying to make is people, regardless of who they support want to watch their team and in my opinion its pretty petty to have thousands of empty seats at games which could be mostly occupied by paying punters, but too many people have a deep seated dislike of Celtic and Rangers fans so actively take pleasure at scenarios like that which, frankly is massive virgin type behaviour. 

What sectarian songs do Celtic fans sing?

IMG_20171211_232951.jpg

It absolutely did - and your post just proves why it still happens as you just accept it as being ok or perhaps you are one of the ones still dishing it out.

Kris Boyd being an *********** is one of them.

PS - I know that you will come back with questions about how can the colour orange be sectarian and I know that. Everyone in Scotland knows the context behind calling someone orange or whatever. If you want to hide behind legalities or whatever that is up to you.  I personally don’t have much issues with anything anyone sings at the football but just because I don’t find it offensive doesn’t mean that others don’t.

Their insistence on mounting some sort of pseudo lawyer type defence of their favourite wee words and ditties is quite amusing tbf.

You just know one of these idiots challenging someone to "explain tae me how that's bigoted then!!!??!?!??!"

has a stream of forum-learned legalese whataboutery to agressively shite out at you.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It absolutely did - and your post just proves why it still happens as you just accept it as being ok or perhaps you are one of the ones still dishing it out.

No it didn't, you've made it up for kudos and back slaps on here to fit your 'Celtic and Rangers fans are all scum' narrative. 

Absolutely fucking cringeworthy nonsense and behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Some people refuse to accept it’s a problem we still have in Scotland, particularly towards Catholics 

It’s a problem in our society because of the influence of the two largest causes. Celtic and Rangers.

When will the football authorities actually tackle this issue head on? We’ve had Show Racism the Red card for years and it has really made a difference to what happened in the past.

When will the SFA, SPFL and Police Scotland nail these bigots that tarnish our national game?