Sevco & Sellick colt teams maybe added to league 2

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They provide nationwide competition in the national sport in varied corners of the country, thus serving their communities in ways too few appreciate.  By their very existences, they contribute to Scottish football by being constituent parts of it.  What would you like them to contribute?

So by putting colt teams in the league this does not change?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Sorry your worship, we means well, but we's just simple farmers.

Didnt have you down as a saints fan.  In all honesty I was answering a question that had many answers and opinions but I hate to see people going on about what a certain teams adds to a league/scottish football . We saw a lot of that of late with some big names in the championship but it was all through their own doing, in the same way teams like Hamilton have held their own for a good few seasons now is their own doing. 

My own opinion is I have no objection to colts teams being in a competitive league, but they should have to start outside league 2 like the rest of them. 

18 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

What do Celtic do for Scottish football?

They provide the true Corinthian spirit of our game and strive to play entertaining football.....

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Didnt have you down as a saints fan.  In all honesty I was answering a question that had many answers and opinions but I hate to see people going on about what a certain teams adds to a league. We saw a lot of that of late with some big names in the championship but it was all through their own doing, in the same way teams like Hamilton have held their own for a good few seasons now is their own doing. 

My own opinion is I have no objection to colts teams being in a competitive league, but they should have to start outside league 2 like the rest of them. 

No division is complete without the other teams so they all contribute.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

The catchment area for both clubs is one of the least densely populated areas in Europe.  That presents its own challenges. 

There's been a number of players come through the ranks at ICT and County over the years. Most of them end up at Elgin or in the Highland League precisely because they aren't good enough. The talented players at both sides have made the cut, there's been very few 'ones that got away' for either club.

County could do more, and they are taking steps in the right direction. But good coaching and facilities only gets you so far. This idea that there's a gold mine of untapped talent just waiting to be coached to glory is nonsense.

That is a fantastic attempt to defend your clubs position, littered with untruths but a good attempt, Dundee Utd in the days of Jim McLean sourced and developed talent the length and breadth of the country, from Dumfries & Galloway to Dingwall and beyond even recruiting youngsters from the shetlands and surrounding islands, these youngsters were designated to training centres throughout the country and the kids during any holiday periods often went to Tannadice to be integrated in training sessions with the first team. There is no excuse for clubs like County to fail to attract potential talent from surrounding areas, but as I stated earlier all clubs are entitled to implement the business model which serves them best, I was just commenting on the fact that some clubs could maybe do more to attract and nurture potential stars of the future.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So by putting colt teams in the league this does not change?

It does, because it devalues the competition they play in, by introducing participants that don't fully take part and have identities that are less well defined.

3 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

If you want an answer to that question, you should, perhaps, ask it here

I've read through 3 pages and agree with some of the posts,i don't think it should be just Celtic and rangers plus the highland league and the lowland league points.
A revamp of the pyramid system would be needed.

52 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lets turn it on it's head what do league 2 clubs do for Scottish football?
How is Joe Thomson doing in the Queens  team? 

52 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lets turn it on it's head what do league 2 clubs do for Scottish football?
How is Joe Thomson doing in the Queens  team? 

You really are averse to anyone having any greviance against your club don't you. even when it's totally justified. 

29 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Provide a load of players for the national team? Gain league coefficient points and money for the top league? 

Define 'provide'.

The 'gain money' thing is of course absurd, because they make far more money for themselves and football finances are entirely relative.   

If Celtic get £22m and say,  Dundee get £0.25m, yet they are expected to compete with each other, it would take a particularly stupid viewer to conclude that Dundee had gained from the transaction.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've read through 3 pages and agree with some of the posts,i don't think it should be just Celtic and rangers plus the highland league and the lowland league points.
A revamp of the pyramid system would be needed.

It shouldn't be ANY clubs you twat, this has only surfaced because your club and sevco felt it was a way to introduce their development teams into senior football, both of you have a misguided belief you have a right of entitlement. 

No other clubs were asked to support this motion, it solely represents the thoughts of the OF.

Sevco have a f*****g cheek to even consider being party to this, they withdrew from the development league in Scotland to undertake friendly fixtures against European clubs youth teams, as far as I'm concerned not only should they never be readmitted to any structured set-up under the auspices of the SPFL but the club should have been punished by a hefty fine, or action could have been taken against the first team as the club must have violated conditions of membership by withdrawing the development team.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

How?it's just the same as any team that joins the league each season.

It's really not.

Colt teams would not be able to get promoted or relegated and thus would not have the same stake in the competition as its other participants, thus distorting it.

The fact that they would be offshoots of other clubs who play in the same structure, would also dent that tier's credibility.  

To deny that logic is to fail utterly to see why people care about lower division sides 

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Define 'provide'.

The 'gain money' thing is of course absurd, because they make far more money for themselves and football finances are entirely relative.   

If Celtic get £22m and say,  Dundee get £0.25m, yet they are expected to compete with each other, it would take a particularly stupid viewer to conclude that Dundee had gained from the transaction.

Tbf Aberdeen voted for the status quo regarding payments for places, and voting rights iirc,shocking that such a club could take that stance,given they’d have a better chance too finish above the hu ns

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The scale of the advantages they have is not remotely in-keeping with the scale of any 'achievements'.  Indeed, such grotesque, distorting rewards as they get for them are self replicating.  If you've any interest in sport, you absolutely should have an argument with it.

Your stuff about the existing number of clubs in the set up needing reduced is also received pish that withstands no scrutiny.

From this post you think a country with a population less than 6 million can sustain a number of 42 senior clubs ?

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Define 'provide'.

I suggest googling provide if you dont quite understand.

As for the latter I said we provided money via Europe (amongst other revenues), which we do. Not  a fair share arguably but I never said that.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Colt teams would not be able to get promoted or relegated and thus would not have the same stake in the competition as its other participants,

So it has no effect on the competition itself it still has promotion and relegation.
So there is no devaluing of the league?

Archived