Sevco & Sellick colt teams maybe added to league 2

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Provide a load of players for the national team? Gain league coefficient points and money for the top league? 

Tierney and Forrest. Who else came out the Celtic youth squad?

Must have gained a lot this season losing every single home Champions League game.

You lot do as much as every other club.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The colt teams have no effect on promotion and relegation it stays the same.

So their results against all other teams would need to be recinded if that's the case, which would be even more disconcerting if this proposal gets passed. 

Crazy idea. drafted in collusion by the OF to advance each clubs agenda, not surprising to see fans of the two bigots actually agreeing with this proposal as it will only be benificial to their clubs.

Tierney and Forrest. Who else came out the Celtic youth squad?

Must have gained a lot this season losing every single home Champions League game.

You lot do as much as every other club.

Ok,so we are talking youth development only we can include Robertson and Mulgrew for a start. Marshall still makes some squads and Macgregors been capped with more to follow. There are also the likes of Bannan and others who were at us for a couple of years but I certainly wouldnt take much credit as developing players that are currently in our team which you are casually ignoring.

As for losing every single home champions league game (another niche point), I would imagine it was very much an education to the players, its pretty much a given in any sport you can only get better by playing against better players.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Tbh I probably wouldn't have included Robertson when you released him from the U15 team for being "too small". Can you actually call a 14/15 year old developed? 

I had it in my head he was released a lot later, couldn't be hooped checking as it was quite a rediculous suggesting Celtic haven’t contributed much in the way  of the national team. On another tangent fair enough we released him but I still find it quite astounding he had to go play for an ‘amateur’ team given his talent.

From this post you think a country with a population less than 6 million can sustain a number of 42 senior clubs ?

Well obviously it can, incase you haven’t noticed this has been happening for a very long time now

This is literally fact

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well obviously it can, incase you haven’t noticed this has been happening for a very long time now

This is literally fact

It's very obvious it struggles to sustain 42 league clubs, without delving deep I can tell you that since we have increased the amount of senior clubs, Gretna, Airdrieonians, Clydebank & laterly one of the powers of Scottish football Rangers have went under Gretna & Clydebank both reformed and currently play outwith the league set-up Airdrie reformed and retained their league status in dubious circumstances, Rangers is well documented so needs no explanation.

Added to these clubs folding, many others have been subjected to crippling financial problems the likes of Dundee, Motherwell, Hearts, Falkirk & Livingston all having periods of Administration, Celtic reportedly were also minutes from also meeting extinction until the intervention of F. McCann,  clubs  like Hamilton, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock,Aberdeen, Dunfermline and a team who in my early Football memories were competitive in the top teir  of Scottish football Clyde FC have all experienced variable levels of financial difficulties.Just by pointing these instances out it is clear Scotland cannot sustain 42 league clubs without financial problems. Most of these situations have arose since the increase in numbers of senior clubs.

Most of us accept that the admittance of new clubs from the highlands was long overdue and most welcomed their inclusion the facts are that since the league has increased financial difficulties of clubs has spiralled. 

Prior to the influx in numbers I can only recall the demise of Third Lanark, since the increase four clubs have met with the same fate.

Clubs like ICT, Ross County, Elgin City, Annan Athletic & Edinburgh City obviously serve a purpose in the communities they are located in and I myself have no problems with the clubs themselves, my problem is with the Scottish league permitting the increased number of senior clubs, which clearly has had adverse effects on many other member clubs.

6 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

It's very obvious it struggles to sustain 42 league clubs, without delving deep I can tell you that since we have increased the amount of senior clubs, Gretna, Airdrieonians, Clydebank & laterly one of the powers of Scottish football Rangers have went under Gretna & Clydebank both reformed and currently play outwith the league set-up Airdrie reformed and retained their league status in dubious circumstances, Rangers is well documented so needs no explanation.

Added to these clubs folding, many others have been subjected to crippling financial problems the likes of Dundee, Motherwell, Hearts, Falkirk & Livingston all having periods of Administration, Celtic reportedly were also minutes from also meeting extinction until the intervention of F. McCann,  clubs  like Hamilton, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock,Aberdeen, Dunfermline and a team who in my early Football memories were competitive in the top teir  of Scottish football Clyde FC have all experienced variable levels of financial difficulties.Just by pointing these instances out it is clear Scotland cannot sustain 42 league clubs without financial problems. Most of these situations have arose since the increase in numbers of senior clubs.

Most of us accept that the admittance of new clubs from the highlands was long overdue and most welcomed their inclusion the facts are that since the league has increased financial difficulties of clubs has spiralled. 

Prior to the influx in numbers I can only recall the demise of Third Lanark, since the increase four clubs have met with the same fate.

Clubs like ICT, Ross County, Elgin City, Annan Athletic & Edinburgh City obviously serve a purpose in the communities they are located in and I myself have no problems with the clubs themselves, my problem is with the Scottish league permitting the increased number of senior clubs, which clearly has had adverse effects on many other member clubs.

I don't know what your problem with teuchters is but it's not county, Elgin, ICTs fault that central belt clubs have gone bust. What a strange suggestion. 

32 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Literally every example of clubs struggling you've listed is due to an absolute freak of an owner taking them to the brink. 

People actively seeking to destroy other clubs are the worst c***s out the lot. Ann Budge is probably the most despicable people in Scottish Football due to that, and her holding any form of power should be a huge concern. 

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your leading goalscorer gets injured in a meaningless game against Colts FC

Your goalkeeper is sent off and suspended in a meaningless game against Colts FC

Last day of the season you have a tough game and your rival has a meaningless game against Colts FC

Every game, every kick of the ball influences the league season. That is the whole point of a league system.

The butterfly effect.

It's like having a couple of concrete posts in the middle of a Formula One race track. The concrete posts can't win the race but they will have an influence on events during the race. Actually, that's not a bad idea.

Maybe the 40 clubs outside the bigot sisters should apply to join the English Leagues and become part of the English FA. The English appear to know how to market their game, have a midas touch that sees money flowing copiously into all levels of their leagues. 

Leave the Glasgow vermin to play with themselves in a league of their own.

8 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Tbf Aberdeen voted for the status quo regarding payments for places, and voting rights iirc,shocking that such a club could take that stance,given they’d have a better chance too finish above the hu ns

Yes, I know that and have explicitly referred to it in another thread which discusses this topic.

I don't quite see its relevance to the point you quoted it beneath on this one though.

I find this too many 'senior' clubs argument strange. Half of them are part time, one of which has amateur status I think still? A lot of them are 'senior' in name only really and have more in common with the leagues below them than the top league. Dont think we would achieve much by cutting a league out or anything drastic like that.

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Oh ffs, are you for real?

Of course they can have an effect on promotion and relegation, by playing against sides that can enjoy/suffer these fates.

Do you honestly fail to see that, or are you just having some sport with us?

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I find this too many 'senior' clubs argument strange. Half of them are part time, one of which has amateur status I think still? A lot of them are 'senior' in name only really and have more in common with the leagues below them than the top league. Dont think we would achieve much by cutting a league out or anything drastic like that.

Budge wants it halved, because of "reasons"

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

Oh, my word.

That is such pish, I almost wish to applaud.

You're equating the financial trouble lots of clubs have run into, with the increase from 38 clubs to 42.  I might as well equate it to global warming over a similar period.

What about in England?  They surely have what you must see as a far more sensible number of clubs playing in their 'League' tiers given their population, yet they've had dozens and dozens of clubs enter administration.  How can that possibly be?

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Whilst agreeing with the gist of your point, there are actually loads of clubs below the top four tiers that are classed as senior.

You appear unsure of what you're on about.

Archived