Sevco & Sellick colt teams maybe added to league 2

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Maybe someone should explain multi quote to monkey....

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I get it, but naturally feel that each pontification deserves to be framed as its own individual post.

Having to explain multi quotes to bennett...

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I get it, but naturally feel that each pontification deserves to be framed as its own individual post.

It's the wee plus sign next to the avatar, just click it for every post you want to quote.

Even magee managed to learn that.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's the wee plus sign next to the avatar, just click it for every post you want to quote.

What, and force the dear reader to consume all that wisdom in one go?

Nah, as with Dickens, my best work will be serialised for the masses.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Maybe someone should explain reading people's replies to bennett...

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What, and force the dear reader to consume all that wisdom in one go?

Nah, as with Dickens, my best work will be serialised for the masses.

What he really meant to say....

Cheers Bennett, I'll wait a few days then start multi quoting.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

What he really meant to say....

Cheers Bennett, I'll wait a few days then start multi quoting.

I won't though.

If a failure to multi quote is an issue for you Bennett, I'll just have to live with that knowledge.

47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh, my word.

That is such pish, I almost wish to applaud.

You're equating the financial trouble lots of clubs have run into, with the increase from 38 clubs to 42.  I might as well equate it to global warming over a similar period.

What about in England?  They surely have what you must see as a far more sensible number of clubs playing in their 'League' tiers given their population, yet they've had dozens and dozens of clubs enter administration.  How can that possibly be?

England has a population in excess of 50 million so is more likely to be able to sustain their member clubs, but go ahead and ignore the great wealth involved in the English game which trickles down to all levels of the game.

A club relegated from the English Premier league recieves a parachute payment of £20 million, that means the 3 relegated clubs are in receipt of a combined £60 million, outwith the OF I would suggest these parachute payments made to just 3 clubs, I repeat 3 clubs would dwarf the total expenditure of the other 40 member clubs we have.

There is no comparisons that can be made with the EFL due to the difference in finance generated by the respective legislative body's . 

Recent history has also shown that clubs in league 2 in England are capable of having bigger average attendances than all clubs in Scotland outwith the OF, Portsmouth being the obvious candidate with regard to this claim.

Clubs who this season have gained entry into the EFL set up through the pyramid system employed down south, Lincoln City & Forest Green Rovers, are currently able to attract larger average home gates than the bulk of Scottish Premiership clubs.  

I know the problem of clubs enduring financial strife is not exclusive to Scotland, but your claim of dozens and dozens of English clubs being in administration I can't recall, with you apparently more ITK regarding English football name these dozens and dozens of English clubs who have spent a period in administration.

5 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

England has a population in excess of 50 million so is more likely to be able to sustain their member clubs, but go ahead and ignore the great wealth involved in the English game which trickles down to all levels of the game.

A club relegated from the English Premier league recieves a parachute payment of £20 million, that means the 3 relegated clubs are in receipt of a combined £60 million, outwith the OF I would suggest these parachute payments made to just 3 clubs, I repeat 3 clubs would dwarf the total expenditure of the other 40 member clubs we have.

There is no comparisons that can be made with the EFL due to the difference in finance generated by the respective legislative body's . 

Recent history has also shown that clubs in league 2 in England are capable of having bigger average attendances than all clubs in Scotland outwith the OF, Portsmouth being the obvious candidate with regard to this claim.

Clubs who this season have gained entry into the EFL set up through the pyramid system employed down south, Lincoln City & Forest Green Rovers, are currently able to attract larger average home gates than the bulk of Scottish Premiership clubs.  

I know the problem of clubs enduring financial strife is not exclusive to Scotland, but your claim of dozens and dozens of English clubs being in administration I can't recall, with you apparently more ITK regarding English football name these dozens and dozens of English clubs who have spent a period in administration.

Charlton
Middlesbrough
Tranmere
Newport County
Millwall
Aldershot
Barnet
Exeter
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
Chester
Bournemouth
Hull City
QPR
Halifax
Notts County
Barnsley
Leciester
Port Vale
York City
Derby County
Ipswich Town
Wimbledon
Darlington
Rotherham United
Leeds United
Luton Town
Stockport County
Plymouth Argyle
Coventry City

Have all been in administration in recent history. Sure there are more too.

52 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh ffs, are you for real?

Of course they can have an effect on promotion and relegation, by playing against sides that can enjoy/suffer these fates.

Do you honestly fail to see that, or are you just having some sport with us?

The colt teams are there for one reason to develop players between 18 and 21 now Celtic would be lucky to get 3 or 4 players from the colt team into the first team.
So what happens to the rest that don't make the grade?it becomes a numbers game and you have a trickle down effect.
Scotland isn't producing the talent any more we need to find ways of increasing the numbers again,for me this is one of them. 

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

I don't know what your problem with teuchters is but it's not county, Elgin, ICTs fault that central belt clubs have gone bust. What a strange suggestion. 

Just read the quote I posted which you have quoted me on, if you read the final paragraph of that post you will see I lay the blame of clubs enduring financial problems at the SPFL & formerly the Scottish league, I actually endorse the inclusion of highland league clubs into the SPFL.

So your assertion that I have a problem with teuchters is just a thinly veiled personal attack on me because I have mentioned them in a post.

10 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Goodness me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The colt teams are there for one reason to develop players between 18 and 21 now Celtic would be lucky to get 3 or 4 players from the colt team into the first team.
So what happens to the rest that don't make the grade?it becomes a numbers game and you have a trickle down effect.
Scotland isn't producing the talent any more we need to find ways of increasing the numbers again,for me this is one of them. 

How is it though?

The ones who don't make it currently, end up playing at a level where they can, so how does this help?  Don't just say that it does as if that's a given.  I don't accept that it is, so explain to me why I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Charlton
Middlesbrough
Tranmere
Newport County
Millwall
Aldershot
Barnet
Exeter
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
Chester
Bournemouth
Hull City
QPR
Halifax
Notts County
Barnsley
Leciester
Port Vale
York City
Derby County
Ipswich Town
Wimbledon
Darlington
Rotherham United
Leeds United
Luton Town
Stockport County
Plymouth Argyle
Coventry City

Have all been in administration in recent history. Sure there are more too.

30 clubs does not match your claims of dozens and dozens though,half of those clubs were lower league clubs which is the most worrying aspect however. Quite a few of those clubs had experienced financial difficulties prior to the massive investment through the tv deals secured by the governing bodies down south. from the list you have provided would I be correct in saying that Darlington are the only one to have become extinct ? 

The subsequent level of money now available down south is being filtered down to lower league clubs to aid clubs to escape from any possible requirement to go into administration. 

My overall point is that Scotland under the auspices of the 2 bodies which are currently overseeing the game in Scotland seem to be incapable of generating any serious external revenue to aid our clubs and our game in the whole.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So you are saying the collapse of ITV  digital being unable to honour the £315 million commitment to the English league in 2000 which resulted in a shortfall of £180 million pound had no adverse impact on these clubs? 

My argument is primarily England with its population, outwith any external investment (e.g.) tv money is better placed to sustain its member clubs than Scotland can. 

And with the increased revenue from subsequent tv deals being more fairly distributed in England, the legislative bodies down there are taking steps to prevent other clubs running into financial trouble.

19 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

30 clubs does not match your claims of dozens and dozens though,half of those clubs were lower league clubs which is the most worrying aspect however. Quite a few of those clubs had experienced financial difficulties prior to the massive investment through the tv deals secured by the governing bodies down south. from the list you have provided would I be correct in saying that Darlington are the only one to have become extinct ? 

The subsequent level of money now available down south is being filtered down to lower league clubs to aid clubs to escape from any possible requirement to go into administration. 

My overall point is that Scotland under the auspices of the 2 bodies which are currently overseeing the game in Scotland seem to be incapable of generating any serious external revenue to aid our clubs and our game in the whole.

:lol:

You're all over the place here.

It was me that referred to "dozens and dozens" of clubs, not Sonsteam.  And my list of clubs is indeed longer, although some names recurr and others, although part of their national setup, come from out with the top four 'League' tiers.

The "overall point" you refer to in the final paragraph has changed completely, laughably and transparently from what it initially was.   You were saying quite unequivocally that several Scottish clubs had experienced insolvency events because we have so many in our national set up, given our small population.  As has been shown with an English comparison, that argument bears no scrutiny.

Admitting that might help with how foolish your stance looks. 

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How is it though?

The ones who don't make it currently, end up playing at a level where they can, so how does this help?  Don't just say that it does as if that's a given.  I don't accept that it is, so explain to me why I'm wrong.

Celtic spend millions on youth development every year the time and effort, the coaching, the full time structure gives players every chance to develop their individual talent.
Players that don't make that grade have that back ground and focus to play at a decent level, eg Joe Thomson

There is a lot of stuff on this thread from happyaccie that requires closer scrutiny.

However I'm most interested to find out about all these players that Dundee United developed, not only from Shetland, but the surrounding islands.

There is also a deep irony from a Hamilton fan saying any other club is too small or unsustainable.

Hamilton have been run excellenty in recent years but they are no bigger/better than a Clyde, Dumbarton or Peterhead.

The too many clubs argument is pish. Once you get to semi pro level ie bottom of championship down there are about 50 perfectly sustainable clubs operating at a semi pro level.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic spend millions on youth development every year the time and effort, the coaching, the full time structure gives players every chance to develop their individual talent.
Players that don't make that grade have that back ground and focus to play at a decent level, eg Joe Thomson

And yet very few make it.

Have you considered just buying from other clubs?

Archived