Scott McTominay

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
12 hours ago, senorsoupe said:
Harry Souttar is cap tied to Australia

He's not. Can still switch according to new rules.

If this is true we should be all over this. Go and look at a picture of him now, the man is a fucking monster, with the feet of a ballerina.  If we could get him and Scott Banks and Mikey Johnston tied down I'd be a happy lad.  Add Caulker and Adams and we'd be looking fuckin good the next few years.  

Pretty sure it's only final tournaments which automatically stop you from changing national teams now. Up to three games in any other fixtures now allowed.
"Players can now switch national teams provided they were eligible to represent a second country at the time they first played for their first country, even if they have played in an official competition for the first nation.

This applies so long as they have played no more than three matches (including friendlies), none of the matches were in the final tournament of the FIFA World Cup or confederation competition, and they all happened before the player turned 21."

www.forbes.com/sites/steveprice/2020/09/19/fifa-eligibility-rule-change-offers-world-cup-hopes-for-one-cap-wonders/

Souttar has 2 caps I think? So if there's any time to do this it's now. No fecking about.

What gets me about it is he's fuckin our player, we produced him, gave birth to him, reared him, taught him everything he knows.  See if he was actually Australian I could let it go, if Dykes chose them that would be fine he's from there.  Same with McGeady and McCarthy, our fuckin players.  Hurts to produce quality and see it lost to other countries cause wallopers are in charge.

And see realistically, purely objectively, if you were Souttar you'd be better off with Scotland. We have a really good chance now of going to 3 tournaments in a row, and look like we should be there or thereabouts for every Euros from now on. And you're playing against quality, Denmark, Austria etc is way better than Tuvalu or whatever the f**k you place against over there.  Also the scheduling of the European qualifiers fits in much better with a player playing in Europe, and don't have to fly halfway across the world all the time.  

Plus his actual brother plays for us, and will again if he gets back to his best fingers crossed.  There's no way they didn't grow up pretending they're playing for Scotland at a WC together.  If you were to ask the question I think there's got to be a good chance he says yes.

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

"Players can now switch national teams provided they were eligible to represent a second country at the time they first played for their first country, even if they have played in an official competition for the first nation.

This applies so long as they have played no more than three matches (including friendlies), none of the matches were in the final tournament of the FIFA World Cup or confederation competition, and they all happened before the player turned 21."

www.forbes.com/sites/steveprice/2020/09/19/fifa-eligibility-rule-change-offers-world-cup-hopes-for-one-cap-wonders/

Souttar has 2 caps I think? So if there's any time to do this it's now. No fecking about.

He does, 2 caps and 4 goals.  We should be all over this like fuckin herpes.  Get a social media campaign started!

53 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

What gets me about it is he's fuckin our player, we produced him, gave birth to him, reared him, taught him everything he knows.  See if he was actually Australian I could let it go, if Dykes chose them that would be fine he's from there.  Same with McGeady and McCarthy, our fuckin players.  Hurts to produce quality and see it lost to other countries cause wallopers are in charge.

And see realistically, purely objectively, if you were Souttar you'd be better off with Scotland. We have a really good chance now of going to 3 tournaments in a row, and look like we should be there or thereabouts for every Euros from now on. And you're playing against quality, Denmark, Austria etc is way better than Tuvalu or whatever the f**k you place against over there.  Also the scheduling of the European qualifiers fits in much better with a player playing in Europe, and don't have to fly halfway across the world all the time.  

Plus his actual brother plays for us, and will again if he gets back to his best fingers crossed.  There's no way they didn't grow up pretending they're playing for Scotland at a WC together.  If you were to ask the question I think there's got to be a good chance he says yes.

Those two are nothing to do with who was in charge. Those two are the wallopers who made the choice to patch Scotland.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McTominay is a box to box player, which is the role he played yesterday. 

This is all going very Darren Fletcher where people see he's a CM at Man United and expect him to be splitting defences apart with his passing.

Playing him as a defensive midfielder would be wasting his attributes more than playing him as a CB who's allowed to get forward.

Gilmour is yer splitting defences apart guy - can't wait to see this pair together for Scotland.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Arguably would've conceded less if McTominay hadn't sold a couple of them.

I feel a back 3 of Gallagher, Cooper/McKenna and Tierney would be absolutely fine and far too much is being placed on this "playing out from the back" that apparently only McTominay can provide. 

This is how I see it. 

49 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Those two are nothing to do with who was in charge. Those two are the wallopers who made the choice to patch Scotland.

McCarthy is directly cause of Archie Knox, and McGeady had already agreed to play for Scotland u16s but had to wait six months or so. So Packie Bonner actually stepped in and asked if he would play for Ireland.  It was widely publicised at the time, Bonner has spoken about it several times. Both players were willing to play for Scotland but had their noses put out of joint by total bams who were in charge of things.

Its the exact same with Souttar, he had played u19s, and said himself the reason he went to Australia was he hadn't been picked by Scotland at all at any level for two years. Because wallopers like Sbragia were in charge, and Gemmell.

You have to make these kids feel wanted, they should be on the phone to them all the time, going to watch them in training and u23 games etc, encouraging them, helping them, establishing relationships. Likes of Mikey Johnston and Scott Banks they should be buttering them up like f**k just now go round and play FIFA with them if thats what it takes Terry Taylor too, we should be mega proactive all the time in securing good kids.  McCann as well should never have lost. 

41 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Karamako Dembele too, should be all over c***s like that give them a cap against the Faroes if that's what it takes I don't care how much football they've played if its just to secure someone.  Wales do it.

Need to give them 3 caps now by the looks of it...f**k that for a carry on. If playing for Scotland means that little to these born and bred Scots, they can get fucked.

McCarthy and McGeady were either spoiled wee wanks, or one of the many faux-Irish wee wanks that pollute our country. f**k wee tattyheed and his wee ginger pal