Scott McTominay

We're also not going to be playing a back four. I would guess that McTominay's vote would have been split across midfield and defence, thus leaving him with fewer than those guys in either position. The BBC's team selector is also populated by the sort of people who think we should pick all the strikers because ye huv tae huv a go eh.

• 1 month later...

I see Man U are already one nil down (early days I know), McTominay ain't starting. Would be very interesting to get a Win/Draw/Loss ratio/percentage against him starting or not starting. EPL/ Champions League only. Any idea where you can get this easily without having to trawl through all past matches?

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

I see Man U are already one nil down (early days I know), McTominay ain't starting. Would be very interesting to get a Win/Draw/Loss ratio/percentage against him starting or not starting. EPL/ Champions League only. Any idea where you can get this easily without having to trawl through all past matches?

Try

Comparethemctominay.com

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Because Mctominay is a far better central midfielder than Ryan Jack could ever dream of becoming.

Clarke's job is to pick the best team available to him. That's not the same as just picking the best 11 players. His method has taken us to a major finals so...

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

Clarke's job is to pick the best team available to him. That's not the same as just picking the best 11 players. His method has taken us to a major finals so...

I get that...

...however, we should be looking to solve the defensive problem that we have to allow our best midfielder to actually play in midfield. 

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

We really need to get him in midfield (cough Harry Souttar) he was fantastic today, by far the best player on the park.

I don't know why you're so desperate to get Harry Souttar in the team.

He isn't good, and if he was replacing anyone in the side it'd be Declan Gallagher. He doesn't play the way we need our outside CB's to play.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

I don't know why you're so desperate to get Harry Souttar in the team.

He isn't good, and if he was replacing anyone in the side it'd be Declan Gallagher. He doesn't play the way we need our outside CB's to play.

He actually can, is quality waltzing out on the ball and stepping past 2 or 3 players.  His brother is too.  And he's excellent, would easily be a first choice by now.  Plus it amuses me.