Netflix

Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the latest series of Black Mirror now for the first time, I'm sure it was done to death when it was on about the little highland inaccuracies with the Loch Henry episode but I just noticed that about 10 mins in when the guy is describing what the town used to be like it uses stock footage of bagpipers walking down the street for about 5-10 seconds and it's actually Melrose from the Scottish Borders. 

Don't know if I'm happy I noticed it and there's no trace of this on the Internet of embarrassed to be the guy who noticed. 

ETA - now finished the episode and Jesus christ that was grim. Interested to know what accent the maw was going fit, sounded German to me. 

Edited by RuMoore

Rattled through the three series of Loudermilk on Netflix.  Really, really good.  I've seen a few things suggesting that because of the Netflix bump we might get a s4 at some point which would be great as there was a few storylines left unfinished.

On 13/12/2023 at 18:02, printer said:

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81721595?preventIntent=true

Can recommend this as an enjoyable piece of nostalgia re 70s album covers.

A documentary about Hipgnosis who were the brains behind many classic covers for the likes of Punk Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Peter Gabriel et al.

Is that a typo , a comment relating to after Syd had departed or something else ( Kinks ? ) )

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

And a new Sunderland 'til I die! Can't wait to see how abusive meltdowns "the best fans in the world" have this time. 

Why is this still a thing? Surely to fcuk Netflix could do better in Scottish fitba. 

On 13/03/2024 at 09:32, 54_and_counting said:

Finished the Gentlemen in 2 days, very easy to keep up with while still enough in it to keep you focused, they surely must be planning a season two

Freddy is absolute gold in it

I binged it too, but thought it got a bit repetitive and boring with the dead panned look when talking, and the going from one fuckup to another. They're meant to be a top level drugs organization, yet let a wee doped up shit for brains gadgie have so much free rein and knowledge of the whole set up. 

Spoiler

I mean would anyone in their right mind let that dippy twat drive a van load of drugs. Wouldn't have trusted him to deliver a pizza.

Think it's prob better to watch it over a longer period, and it wouldn't be so irritating. Liked the film a lot more, esp Hugh Grant hamming it up as the sleazy journo. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I’m really enjoying one day and surprised nobody has mentioned it yet. It is a romance based on a couple who have a weird hard on for one another but don’t properly get together and always see each other on 15 of July every year whilst each of them are struggling through various stages of life. Very good soundtrack as well.

My wife was watching this, as she liked the film and I got dragged into it inevitably. 

Really enjoyable although I got borderline angry at how it ended for them.( no spoiler).

Edited by Stellaboz

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'll need to give One Day a watch, loved the book and the film was great. A lot easier to watch when you've read the book so know what's coming 

Something is coming? Don't tell Throbber. 

Add me to the people who enjoyed One Day. I really enjoy these types of stories (see also Normal People from a couple of years ago). Despite being nothing like the main characters I found myself relating to them in one way or another. 

Edited by Internet Citizen

On 19/03/2024 at 16:22, Savage Henry said:

Turning Point is a really well made multipart documentary about the nuclear arms race.  Highly recommend if you’re into serious international relations.  

On ep 3 the now, enjoying it a lot so far

On 20/03/2024 at 12:09, throbber said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think I have ever felt this emotional on the back of watching a tv series in my life. It started fairly lighthearted and I thought it was a romcom which would have a fairly predictable ending until episode 11 where I felt far more emotionally connected than I should have. Watched the final 3 episodes last night after the slight spoiler above and didn’t see any of that coming at all. Maybe it caught me at a weak moment I don’t know but it was incredibly powerful.

Feel exactly the same, I was screaming at the tv at bits and thinking wtf are you doing.

not the kind of program I’d normally watch but it got me hooked to the very end.