Motherwell v Rangers

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Who is this Cindy chap.

Should have been Dindy.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Member just a few weeks ago when the ***'s were gonna beat Celtic and close the gap to 3 points and the title challenge was on, gaun fur 55 and all that...

member..?

Only in your imagination.

This thread :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would just like to end my contributions to it by saying well done to the Rangers support yesterday for turning out in big numbers and giving us the blue pound. I'd like to also wish you good luck for your Semi Final and I'm sure you will wish us the same for ours and hopefully we will meet again at Hampden in May.

God speed chaps.

YATP

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's a tribute to how shite Motherwell are that we weren't 4 goals down at half time.  That must've been the most atrocious first 45 in living memory and a decent team would've destroyed us.

The width of the post stopped us being 3-0 up at halftime.

Nothing to do with being shite.

29 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Their memory lives on..... a bit like Adolf Hilter and Joseph Stalin.

So it's Sunday and we all know the diddies go mad but comparing us to Stalin and Hitler?  Well I guess it's par for the course.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

So it's Sunday and we all know the diddies go mad but comparing us to Stalin and Hitler?  Well I guess it's par for the course.

Ok bud, that's a fair enough point. Stalin and Hitler only massacred millions of people.

13 hours ago, MikeyWellFan said:

The width of the post stopped us being 3-0 up at halftime.

Nothing to do with being shite.

We got off lightly in the 1st half.  I said this.  

"width of the post" is always a weak argument.  It meant that you missed.

18 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Morelos is utter dug shite.

What's the point of the now club claiming they were offered daft money for him?

I can't believe the myth still exists it was £11m

Hes claiming today it was Guangzhou who went after him. Worth remembering there's a 5.8m euro cap on foreign signings to the Chinese league nowzand a 100% transfer levy on foreign signings. 

So you figure out how much they were actually offered 

18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Modern-day neo-Nazis don't go around claiming Adolf and Josef are still alive.

• 4 months later...
On 01/04/2018 at 05:23, capt_oats said:

He's an absolute machine. Watching him drop bodies all over the park is a thing of beauty.

I can't help but think there's a lot more to come from him as well. Once he finds his range I can see more of those efforts from outside the box paying off.

I'd suggest (in a low key way) that for the way Robinson wants to play we may well have upgraded on Moult with Main. He's stronger, more mobile and crucially shows far more awareness. His physicality will obviously grab the headlines but my main takeaway with the 2nd goal was that Moult wouldn't have played that through ball to Campbell. Main's performance yesterday was actually quite timely when framed against the Higdon vs Moult chat that was going on through the week.

As far as the game goes, 2-0 up at HT you can't help but feel it's 2 points dropped and in fairness that was reflected by both Robinson and the players post-match. Having said that while it's clear that Rangers are nowhere near the level Celtic were last season the 4-3 game at Fir Park is a reminder of how the game could have gone. With that in mind though we're clearly a work in progress and I thought Robinson got his post-match comments spot on in terms of crediting the football we played and also ambition in so much as we shouldn't just be happy with a draw (it was also interesting to hear him say we've got the youngest squad in the league).

That's kind of the problem Main's going to have I think.

The incident with Alves was similar to the penalty shout in the Celtic game. Main's spending games absolutely rag-dolling centre halves and throwing 16 year old midfielders into the East Stand so it feels like even though they're legitimate penalty claims (two arms round him and clear tugs on his jersey) his general physicality means refs are just looking at the incidents and thinking "nah m8, you've sat Tavernier on his arse but you're falling over because someone pulled yer jersey?".

I wS on here yesterday explaining the Gerrard is not the man and that you would not beat motherwell. I also said the reason is Gerrard lacks class. Watch how he will moan and moan  instead of accepting the result and retaining some dignity 

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

I wS on here yesterday explaining the Gerrard is not the man and that you would not beat motherwell. I also said the reason is Gerrard lacks class. Watch how he will moan and moan  instead of accepting the result and retaining some dignity 

giphy.gif

Archived