Falkirk vs Champions | Farewell Alex Smith

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I extend a big thankyou to the Saints fans on here who have explained that yesterdays game was irrelevant and therefore not really a true indication of where both sides are.

It has allowed me to temper my expectations of next season considerably, armed with the knowledge that we are not actially champions by default as I had first thought.

Thanks again.

7 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Apparently Falkirk had the reserves out today, so the woeful tag is not deserved.

However at St Mirren Park less than two weeks ago I believed you had a strong team out, and against a Saints team who were still drunk and had made 8 (EIGHT) changes, you were indeed.... woeful.

Stats will show of course that you won both games, but if your management puts any weight on those results you could be in for a rubbish season next year too.

Strong side? We've no had one of those all season All we can take from yesterday  is that guys like kidd etc arent anywhere good enough if we're going to have a strong squad in this league  next season and guys like hippo arent anywhere near good enough for the top flight.

In the 4 games played between the sides  this season including the so called relevant ones there wasnt a lot between us considering the fact we were dire and ended up 20 odd points behind saints in the league. So i would expect that both managers know theyve got a hell of a lot of work to do to achieve their seperate goals or we'll both end up having a rubbish season next year.

Still say ICT were the best team we played all season

Correct, most entertaining team we have played as well. Means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Strong side? We've no had one of those all season All we can take from yesterday  is that guys like kidd etc arent anywhere good enough if we're going to have a strong squad in this league  next season and guys like hippo arent anywhere near good enough for the top flight.
In the 4 games played between the sides  this season including the so called relevant ones there wasnt a lot between us considering the fact we were dire and ended up 20 odd points behind saints in the league. So i would expect that both managers know theyve got a hell of a lot of work to do to achieve their seperate goals or we'll both end up having a rubbish season next year.

You keep telling yourself that. 9 wins over a 36 game season is quite a distance. I wouldn’t be looking to console myself with the past 2 games against us as they were brutal and Falkirk contributed a lot to the brutality of both games. We can forgive Saints for not performing at the previous high standards they’ve set over the season as we’d achieved what we set out to.

9 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Correct, most entertaining team we have played as well. Means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

You keep telling yourself that. 9 wins over a 36 game season is quite a distance. I wouldn’t be looking to console myself with the past 2 games against us as they were brutal and Falkirk contributed a lot to the brutality of both games. We can forgive Saints for not performing at the previous high standards they’ve set over the season as we’d achieved what we set out to.

Telling myself what?  We were brutal last season. We need a whole team basically for next season. We cant take anything from the fact that we beat saints over the last two games as both teams had makeshift sides out.   The first two games when  we were even more awful before xmas and had alex harris playing from the start there wasnt a lot in the two sides Im not sure what your taking umbrage with here or what i keep telling myself.

St Mirren have been near atrocious in all 4 of our meetings with them, not entirely sure that there is that much quality in that squad.  A fair bit of luck and everyone else other than Livingston having a poor season is really the only reason you have won that title. Our last two games against them proved that they are nothing special like some of their fans think. 

9 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

St Mirren have been near atrocious in all 4 of our meetings with them, not entirely sure that there is that much quality in that squad.  A fair bit of luck and everyone else other than Livingston having a poor season is really the only reason you have won that title. Our last two games against them proved that they are nothing special like some of their fans think. 

Oh dear, sour grapes?

They've been good against us.

Stay strong, couldn’t have done it without you x

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Archived