Falkirk vs Champions | Farewell Alex Smith

Great performance from Robbie Mutch today he made 3 quality saves and his distribution was class as well. Really didn’t think he had that kind of performance in him. Fair play.

Cracking hit by Ryan Blair as well.

He scudded the ball out of play about 47 times in the second half?

2 brutal games between the teams in a short space of time. McShane had a very good game today. Glad to see Sutton get his final appearance. That Falkirk team is brutal, hope for their sake they get rid of most of them and we meet again in the Top league.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of those 28 players i doubt more than 2 or 3 will be starting for st mirren or falkirk in their respective leagues next season and that certainly showed in the lack of quality on show. Thank feck that seasons over and good luck to the saints for next season in the big league.

14 minutes ago, Russ said:

Great performance from Robbie Mutch today he made 3 quality saves and his distribution was class as well. Really didn’t think he had that kind of performance in him. Fair play.

Cracking hit by Ryan Blair as well.

His distribution was poor but his saves especially the second shot down low was a superb save, didnt have a lot to do but when called did it well.

Pretty much a meh game in which it was cold and I just wanted out to the warmer climates outside. I dont think anyone really showed anything you will remember come July 14th next season and onwards bar a cracking goal , Midfield all too samey, dont see the Sibbald praise bar a couple of good corners and his best pass of the game was when he had one leg, Mckee was even worse and Welsh probably the best of the four midfield if we add Kidd nothingness. 

I hope we dont re-sign Welsh for next season, a nothing tackle taking him out the game is something we can do without if we are running a smaller squad.

Grant being the only one throwing his top into the crowd kinda suggests he is offski, Taiwo not in the squad ditto.

A matter of hearing the freed list the excitement now....Monday at latest please

Pish end of season fare, with a goal worthy of winning the game.
Only Jakubiak & Mutch showed a level of professionalism required in this end of season friendly.
The service the former received left him reminiscent of that which Ken Eadie was left to feed off years ago.
3/4 good saves from Mutch, having been left exposed on nearly every occasion he was called into action.
As for the rest, they can go. Our release list will be surely be lengthy, come Monday morning.

If that was good distribution from Falkirk's goalie, what have you been served up all season?! 
He played well but his kicking is absolutely atrocious. 

We’ve had Robbie Thomson holding on to the ball for about 30 seconds before booting directly to the opposition centre half with of course no Falkirk player within 15 yards.

Every kick didn’t come off for Mutch today but like has been said it was good to see a Falkirk ‘keeper attempt to actually find a Falkirk man and to try and release the ball quickly as often as possible.

If that was good distribution from Falkirk's goalie, what have you been served up all season?! 
He played well but his kicking is absolutely atrocious. 
Why, even as we confirm an eye wateringly pish 8th placed finish, are people still underestimating how bad things were for us at points of this season?

Bad distribution from the keeper ranks pretty low in the shitshow list of this season.

Its understandable that St Mirren fans are clouded however, given that we handed you the title back when we handed you Dundee Utd, spit roasted until falling off the bone with an apple its mouth on a shiny big plate

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If a keeper can save everything flung at him then i can cope with shit distribution. 

Manager and fans wont.......big part of the game nowadays

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Was surprised at ryan flynn only being 29 . His career should be at its peak at that age and not on the way down.

Hope the Falkirk support gave him a wee cheer, classy player when he was with us.

Just now, MrDust said:

Manager and fans wont.......big part of the game nowadays

Aslong as you can find someone excellent at both thats fine. To me making big saves is far more important. No point in having a goalie that has brilliant distribution but drops a clanger regularly.

Very meh game which was what I expected tbh. Livened up a bit in the second half and a strike worthy of winning any game. Samson and Mutch made some cracking saves, Mutch in particular. 

Glad this season is now firmly in the bin and I'll never have to watch Peter Grant try and pass the ball again in a Falkirk jersey. Good to end the season with a few decent results, fairly optimistic for next season although our squad will obviously be unrecognisable.

Att 5,508 - The St Mirren fans were great I thought, decent numbers through (1,379) and were thoroughly enjoying themselves throughout 

Hope the Falkirk support gave him a wee cheer, classy player when he was with us.

Classy in the sense that he was part of a team that got us relegated? That if he was capable of scoring into an open goal from all of 2 feet at Kilmarnock we would never have went down.

f**k Ryan Flynn.

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If hed had pace hed still be at liverpool. Unfortunately hes got slower and slower.

He knew where he had to be before it happened. Saves all that huffing and puffing.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Morgan was the class act on the pitch today difficult to see St Mirren replace him with the same quality. I think they’ll struggle next season after being turned over by a poor Falkirk side a couple of times in a matter of days.

I would not judge us for next season on today's team half of which rarely play and only started in order to say cheerio. Eckersley, Davis, MacKenzie, McGinn and Cammy Smith were all rested today. Hippolyte has only started 2 games for us and Hill 1 game. We also had a 16 year old start his first ever League game today. But none of it mattered anyway.

Archived