Falkirk vs Champions | Farewell Alex Smith

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

St Mirren fans taking it well here...

Quite odd considering "it" is promotion and a league title.

Sum boiz. Will miss youz xXxXx

It's been glorious. We will meet again, sometime.

St Mirren fans taking it well here...

Quite odd considering "it" is promotion and a league title.

Sum boiz. Will miss youz xXxXx

Dunno how they won the league with that team though? They were horrendous both times we’ve played them over the last couple of weeks !!!!

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

Dunno how they won the league with that team though? They were horrendous both times we’ve played them over the last couple of weeks !!!!

Really. Must. Try. Harder.

52 minutes ago, GAD said:

We smashed you in the first game, which was the last time Falkirk were relevant to be honest. After that you shitfested a draw with the "new manager bounce", which suited us fine and the last two games were friendlies where we played the reserves. For the rest of the season we've been on a different level to Falkirk. We are absolutely streets ahead, hence why we are the runaway champions of the division and you have suffered a spectacularly hilarious failure of a season.

We shouldve been 3 up after 20 mins. We then lost our way till january. Our new manager bounce didnt arrive till then when we pumped united.  At that point we were 27 points begind Saints and  when the season finished we were still 27 so even though we werent great we stopped the rot.We were awful in the first few games under hartley including the nothing each draw against you guys. Yes youve been streets ahead of the worst falkirk side since our stenny season as have 6 other sides.

9 hours ago, Steven Mill Out said:

St Mirren have been near atrocious in all 4 of our meetings with them, not entirely sure that there is that much quality in that squad.  A fair bit of luck and everyone else other than Livingston having a poor season is really the only reason you have won that title. Our last two games against them proved that they are nothing special like some of their fans think. 

Would say this post went rather well.

UAG7.gif

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Let’s call it a draw, you’ve got the Kelpies and the Wheel, we’ve got the Abbey and the Championship trophy.

It’s went to  extra time, now you’ve got the Kelpies and Wheel, we’ve got the Abbey, the Championship trophy, the manager of the year, and the Championship player of the year.....

Final result Falkirk 2 St Mirren 4.

Lock thread. Pack suitcase. Go on holiday. :P

16 hours ago, GAD said:

The chasm of quality is in the league table mate. We are on a different level to Falkirk, no matter how much that hurts. Worst thing for you is actually that you haven't really got much better, will be another tough season for Falkirk next year. This time last season we were the best team in the league, you are miles off that. 

We've demonstrably improved over the season. You've been the best team over the course of the campaign but haven't impressed massively in the games against Falkirk. I don't think any of that is particularly controversial.

46 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We've demonstrably improved over the season. You've been the best team over the course of the campaign but haven't impressed massively in the games against Falkirk. I don't think any of that is particularly controversial.

Ignoring the flip-flops/downed tools issue, and braggadocio aside, I still suspect we identified Falkirk as as decent side that would give us a tough game, hence the eagerness to delay the 'third' fixture. Having the title sewn up having only played you twice was ideal territory.

That cancelled game also gave us an extra few days' break as the season reached its business end.

We'll never known how these games would have gone if we'd had anything to play for: luckily, we don't need to think about it.

Good luck next season; I think ICT will win it and you'll be amongst the best of the rest in a much closer division than this season's.

Ignoring the flip-flops/downed tools issue, and braggadocio aside, I still suspect we identified Falkirk as as decent side that would give us a tough game, hence the eagerness to delay the 'third' fixture. Having the title sewn up having only played you twice was ideal territory.
That cancelled game also gave us an extra few days' break as the season reached its business end.
We'll never known how these games would have gone if we'd had anything to play for: luckily, we don't need to think about it.
Good luck next season; I think ICT will win it and you'll be amongst the best of the rest in a much closer division than this season's.

Agree with most of this. However it’s a bit early to be making predictions for next season. We don’t know three of the teams who will be playing in it yet. Nor do we have the slightest idea what Falkirk team will be playing in the division next season.....

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree with most of this. However it’s a bit early to be making predictions for next season. We don’t know three of the teams who will be playing in it yet. Nor do we have the slightest idea what Falkirk team will be playing in the division next season.....

Meh, it's never too early. I confidently predicted you'd be title challengers at a much later stage last summer, so I might as well get on it now for all the difference it makes.

48 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Meh, it's never too early. I confidently predicted you'd be title challengers at a much later stage last summer, so I might as well get on it now for all the difference it makes.

For what it's worth I predicted Loy and Austin would be the best strike force in the league last summer...

14 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Are any of those things actually in Falkirk?

Probably not, but Glasgow Airport isnae’ in Glasgow, so let’s play nice. There are probably lots of other things that aren’t in places. The one that always springs to mind is Morton and the Premiership.

Archived