The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

35 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 hours ago, rb123! said:
Craig Conway leaving Blachburn

I might be wrong but something tells me he has stated in the past he wants to finish his career with the Super Ayr

I'd love if he came back to us rather than Dundee United. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Moffat had a much better season than I expected so not sure why he’s being written off. Likewise McCowan had a few decent games but still a lot more to do and learn if he’s wanting to start each week

McCowan definitely impressed, but a few Ayr fans are going off the deep end, as per always.  We’d be nuts to go into the new season depending on him as a first team starter.  If we can blend him in over the season, then great, but retaining Moffat is an absolute must given the quality we are losing elsewhere.  I still think there is a bigger risk Moffat will make the decision for us.  

With Crawford and McDaid attracting interest elsewhere, we could potentially lose 6/7 players who were mainstays in a team that just finished 4th.  Add to that the injury problems affecting Adams, Geggan and Moore with Kerr unlikely to be able to play every week, we are looking at a huge rebuild.  Keeping Moffat (and Bell) is essential to give us some kind of platform to build on.

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Craig Conway leaving Blachburn

He has an option of another year but thinking about hanging up his boots, said he’ll make a decision once he’s back from holiday. My other cousin has just got engaged to Grant Hanley.......if only I could persuade them to play in the black and white.....not Newcastle lol. 

54 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

According to Airdrie the draw for the Betfred Cup group stages is tonight.

Find it pretty weird that Airdrie are the only club to mention this. Not even any announcement from the announcers.

Hopefully it will be on BT Sport straight after the St Mirren v United game. 

Find it pretty weird that Airdrie are the only club to mention this. Not even any announcement from the announcers.
Hopefully it will be on BT Sport straight after the St Mirren v United game. 

It was the 25th of May last year so they might be right but iirc the season finished a week earlier last year.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Moffat’s father in law having a go at the board on the Somerset road end. 

Used to be able to read the dross posted on that ‘clusterfuck’ page without joining.  So glad I can’t now, as would wind up the sanest of Ayr fans with the typed diarrhoea posted on it.

Could be worse, could be his Mrs lol  

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

?

“Don’t know why players there can’t get the same money they were getting paid in league one some of the offers part time clubs can pay that even some of the top junior clubs  could so don’t understand what direction the club is going”

” looks likely that another 5 or 6 on top of who has already gone could go that is a massive rebuild and if they are offering that type of money I wouldn’t be expecting established players to be coming in unless splashing most of the money on a couple of player only”

^^^ A couple of the posts. 

Just now, Waniche said:

Used to be able to read the dross posted on that ‘clusterfuck’ page without joining.  So glad I can’t now, as would wind up the sanest of Ayr fans with the typed diarrhoea posted on it.

Could be worse, could be his Mrs lol  

In fairness he’s not an Ayr fan (AFAIK) so even be on that page. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

“Don’t know why players there can’t get the same money they were getting paid in league one some of the offers part time clubs can pay that even some of the top junior clubs  could so don’t understand what direction the club is going”

” looks likely that another 5 or 6 on top of who has already gone could go that is a massive rebuild and if they are offering that type of money I wouldn’t be expecting established players to be coming in unless splashing most of the money on a couple of player only”

Cheers.

Can see where he's coming from, don't understand why players are being offered less than last season considering the income from last season to the season before in league one should be 2/3/4 times more with combined, prize money, rangers Cup game and increased gates. The progression of the club also aswell should be a factor, if I was a player I certainly wouldn't be impressed at a pay cut offer after how well last season went and the vision McCall has of challenging at the top end again next season.

Somethings isn't right if guys like Moffat are being asked to take a pay cut, where is all the money going from last season, certainly doesn't look like it's going into the budget. Unless McCall is trying to keep as much of the budget as possible for new signings.

Board needs fresh faces and impetuous imo, no offence but as far as I know the majority aren't spring chickens and summed up the other night when McCall said they didn't even know what the GPS stuff was which would be required for premiership. Board needs younger minds and vision cause honestly don't think current board have any intentions of us wanting to go up, if they did, they would have given McCall every penny possible in January to go all out but instead he had to scrape for two loans for players he didn't want.

The guy Lewis Grant and Pettigrew are the only two who ever get mentioned so think that says enough about the rest of the boards imput.

1 hour ago, Waniche said:

He has an option of another year but thinking about hanging up his boots, said he’ll make a decision once he’s back from holiday. My other cousin has just got engaged to Grant Hanley.......if only I could persuade them to play in the black and white.....not Newcastle lol. 

I'd rather have a plank of wood at CB than Grant Hanley.

Because they were guaranteed starters in League One. They will be squad players next season so should get a wage that reflects that.

Tbh it’s a massive riddy when relatives of players take to social media to voice their displeasure over things that don’t concern them. Moff seems to have very touchy family members.

23 hours ago, rb123! said:

Shankland better not go to fucking Inverness or Dundee United, seen him linked with both this morning, mind you tbh who has he not been linked with.

Sunderland fans seem convinced hes signed for them.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Because they were guaranteed starters in League One. They will be squad players next season so should get a wage that reflects that.

Tbh it’s a massive riddy when relatives of players take to social media to voice their displeasure over things that don’t concern them. Moff seems to have very touchy family members.

This is what I dont get, another case of shock horror!  A family member of a player complaining about their relative getting a raw deal. Its maybe exacerbated by social media but if I felt a family member of mine was getting mistreated I would speak out about it. Its the fan's reaction to it that I find touchy tbqh.

P.S. I'm only going on what I have read here. I am not a member of the SRE on facespace.

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I am not a member of the SRE on facespace.

I left that page because of the absolute nick of 99% of its members.

I love Ayr United but our fanbase must have one of the highest percentages of absolute rockets in Scotland.