The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

If Moffat is a squad player are we signing a new number 10 then? McCowan isn't the answer.

I'd like to see Forrest get a run in that role.

22 minutes ago, Iain said:

I'd like to see Forrest get a run in that role.

Yeah, I could see that.

Although I think he plays best out wide and then cutting in. He could prove to be a huge player next season. It was a real shame he got injured.

Think play-offs will be too much of an ask next season, with Dundee United staying down it'll be tougher, expect them to walk the championship next season, then you'll have Dundee, Inverness, Partick all in the play offs, unless Dundee do a Partick and nearly get back to back relegation's, think 5th or 6th will be what we can best hope for.  Then the season afterwards you never know because if two got promoted they'll be replaced with poorer quality from the premiership.

Just need to wait and see and make sure we solidify ourselves in the mid pack of the championship, cause the second season can be always more difficult than the first, especially in our case with the rebuild required. As McCall said the other night any battle for promotion is going to be a long haul target instead of immediate target.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bell and Adams are part time so their wages aren't going to amount to much. Having some squad players as part timers could be a good move as it could increase squad size within budget.

Don’t mind the odd part timer but too many is going down the Hybrid route. 

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Noticed 5 or 6 of the reserve re-signed for the club a few days ago but Leon Murphy was the only one I recognised so have added him.

(Left to Right) Grant Thorburn, Michael Hewitt, Mark McKenzie, Leon Murphy and Gabe Skeoch. Nathan Baird has also signed a new deal but isn't pictured.

Don’t mind the odd part timer but too many is going down the Hybrid route. 
The hybrid route, like with Airdrie & Raith, seems to be half and half. Having 4 or 5 part timers to fill out the squad could be beneficial to us. I'd rather have that than a bunch of loanees, Doohan excluded.

The seriousness of the injuries that Adams and Bell have sustained in their careers probably means they physically couldn’t cope with FT training.

Despite the fact we’ve just lost the bulk of our goals in Shankland I think the centre of our defence is the priority at the moment. I’m yet to be convinced with Muirhead and if Bell and Adams re-sign they’ll only be PT. Lang and Murray have both been mentioned although I’ve yet to see or hear anything to suggest we’re actually interested in them. I think they’d be decent however both are unproven at this level.

(Left to Right) Grant Thorburn, Michael Hewitt, Mark McKenzie, Leon Murphy and Gabe Skeoch. Nathan Baird has also signed a new deal but isn't pictured.

Think McCall is quite keen to get Owen McGinty signed as well but Rangers are interested in him.

12 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

What position are Skeoch, Baird and Thorburn and I’ll get them added to my post. 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think McCall is quite keen to get Owen McGinty signed as well but Rangers are interested in him.

Don't know how he did for the 18's but he seems to know where the back of the net is. http://www.aufa.org.uk/own-mcginty-new-signing-for-18s-squad/

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What position are Skeoch, Baird and Thorburn and I’ll get them added to my post. 

Could be wrong but I think it's Skeoch ST, Baird CB and Thorburn LB/CB.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The seriousness of the injuries that Adams and Bell have sustained in their careers probably means they physically couldn’t cope with FT training.

Despite the fact we’ve just lost the bulk of our goals in Shankland I think the centre of our defence is the priority at the moment. I’m yet to be convinced with Muirhead and if Bell and Adams re-sign they’ll only be PT. Lang and Murray have both been mentioned although I’ve yet to see or hear anything to suggest we’re actually interested in them. I think they’d be decent however both are unproven at this level.

Who's Murray?