The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I love the "oh he's replaceable anyway mentality". Gets me every time. In all seriousness, regardless of who's leaked the news this is clearly lacking in class and moral fibre.
As club captain does the player not have any say to Partick or whoever to show a bit of grown up thinking and ultimately loyalty to the club thats currently paying his mortgage and kids' Christmas presents?
If it's designed to get him away earlier then surely we're within our rights to make a formal complaint to the authorities?
A player under contract has been tapped up by a rival club, assuming it's without our knowledge or permission, outwith of a transfer period and it clearly shouldn't be happening.
If he stays and plays how much effort will he put into the games against his future employees?
Does it now open the floodgates for other exits?

He is replaceable imo. He’s not a superstar. He’s a solid, mid table Championship midfielder. Kerr should be able to either get someone in January or replace him at the end of the season.

McCall has in in likelihood leaked this to put pressure on us to let him go in January. Same thing with Brownlie at QOTS.

The only way we could perhaps make a complaint would be if Thistle didn’t give prior notice to Ayr before approaching Docherty. Even then it wouldn’t achieve anything and the rules are a bit of a grey area as it is.

I don’t think he should stay. He’s not even halfway through his contract and he’s already agreed to go elsewhere. Imo that’s not right but it’s not against the rules so we can’t do much.

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I love the "oh he's replaceable anyway mentality". Gets me every time. In all seriousness, regardless of who's leaked the news this is clearly lacking in class and moral fibre.

As club captain does the player not have any say to Partick or whoever to show a bit of grown up thinking and ultimately loyalty to the club thats currently paying his mortgage and kids' Christmas presents?

If it's designed to get him away earlier then surely we're within our rights to make a formal complaint to the authorities?

A player under contract has clearly been approached by a rival club, assuming it's without our knowledge or permission, outwith of a transfer period and it clearly shouldn't be happening.

If he stays and plays how much effort will he put into the games against his future employees?

Does it now open the floodgates for other exits?

It’s the same situation for any player with 6 months or less left in their current contract , any team can put in writing to players current team indicating they would like to make an offer to the player , clubs cannot stand in way then of pre contract I believe , by good if anyone is more aware of the rule 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Clearly reading that too quickly, but we'll be paying Partick to take him in January at this rate. 😉

If we wanted rid of him that could happen,  but again he can only go to Partick with our authority before end of season  , we could put him on gardening leave until end of season , but that benefits no one 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

In that scenario you leave him to rot in the reserves or loan him out to the juniors/stranraer. 🤣

Or take his tracksuit off him and drop him at Newton on Ayr just after the Glasgow train's pulled away, f**k him.

In the bigger picture, what sort of impact does it have on the rest of the dressing room as well? Ach well the captain's jumping ship, nothing to see here.

This is going to be a real test of Kerr and McArdle's management skills.

I'm a bit annoyed at Voice of Reason as well tbh. Not sure if justified or not but the timing of his article is pretty crap after yesterday's feel good news. 

I get what you’re saying but he’s effectively a journalist and it’s his job to know what’s happening at Ayr.

It is frustrating after what was a pretty exciting day yesterday.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

In the bigger picture, what sort of impact does it have on the rest of the dressing room as well? Ach well the captain's jumping ship, nothing to see here.

This is the salient point. What are the rest of the squad thinking and how does Kerr handle this. He's certainly had a bit of a baptism of fire so far.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm a bit annoyed at Voice of Reason as well tbh. Not sure if justified or not but the timing of his article is pretty crap after yesterday's feel good news. 

Absolutely this. He's obviously got a job to do but he would appear to have chosen to allow himself to be someone elses puppet.

At his own clubs expense and the fallout from it. Shame on him.

Edited by BukyOHare

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Absolutely this. He's obviously got a job to do but he would appear to have chosen to allow himself to be McCall's puppet.

At his own clubs expense. Shame on him.

Yeah it's the purporting to be an Ayr fan and then posting that article that I struggle to reconcile to be quite honest. Especially given the timings.

I guess he justifies it to himself that if he doesn't break the story then someone else will. It doesn't make me feel any better though. 😖

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He is replaceable imo. He’s not a superstar. He’s a solid, mid table Championship midfielder. Kerr should be able to either get someone in January or replace him at the end of the season.

McCall has in in likelihood leaked this to put pressure on us to let him go in January. Same thing with Brownlie at QOTS.

The only way we could perhaps make a complaint would be if Thistle didn’t give prior notice to Ayr before approaching Docherty. Even then it wouldn’t achieve anything and the rules are a bit of a grey area as it is.

I don’t think he should stay. He’s not even halfway through his contract and he’s already agreed to go elsewhere. Imo that’s not right but it’s not against the rules so we can’t do much.

Let's see who we get and then make a judgement, especially with Docherty on Saturday showing us the scoring threat from midfield of Lampard. 😂😂

Yeah it's the purporting to be an Ayr fan and then posting that article that I struggle to reconcile to be quite honest. Especially given the timings.
I guess he justifies it to himself that if he doesn't break the story then someone else will. It doesn't make me feel any better though. [emoji37]

The Daily Record would post it regardless. He’s not doing it to be awkward. He’s letting the fans what’s going on.

As a fan.

Player retires from your club after playing their whole career there - Club Legend

Player plays for at least 2 seasons thrn moves onto a bigger and better team and league - Club Great

Player moves onto a bigger and better team in same league - Club Servant

Player agrees move half way through season to a team managed by a previous manager who jumped ship into the season, and is club captain - ?

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The Daily Record would post it regardless. He’s not doing it to be awkward. He’s letting the fans what’s going on.

I know what you're saying but let the Daily Record do it then. He's supposed to be a local journo at the Ayrshire Post not a tabloid bottom feeder. Although, on the evidence of this maybe that's where he wants to be! 

I am really surprised Kerr engaged with the article as well. I would have given Voice of Reason silence. 

19 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Or take his tracksuit off him and drop him at Newton on Ayr just after the Glasgow train's pulled away, f**k him.

Think he'll get a lot of flak from the players for agreeing to go and join up with judas McCall again