The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'll admit i was guilty for that, thought we might have picked up a point against Dunfermline but that would be it

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hiyaaaaa

Good to see you guys don’t hide ,and comments made by both you show that you are getting behind  what this management team and players are capable of delivering 

Myself and a few of my mates were having a discussion after the game. We’re just over halfway through the season. Who’s been your POTY and YPOTY so far? For me it’s Harvie for POTY and Kelly for YPOTY. 
100% agree with this other players moff, McCowan, Forrest have been good in patches but Harvie has been our best and most consistent player for almost a year now. If we could get Kelly on a similar deal from Rangers as Houston it would be some coup, the boy had the potential to go very far in the game.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Myself and a few of my mates were having a discussion after the game. We’re just over halfway through the season. Who’s been your POTY and YPOTY so far? For me it’s Harvie for POTY and Kelly for YPOTY. 

Very hard to disagree with that currently, depends on how Houston and Kelly perform in remaining games. (YPOTY)  

Think Harvie could fall into both categories and possibly could lift both awards 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

I think it will be a pre contract and a loan back to us for remainder of season  ,we have 2 loan spaces still available, due to Houston signing ( spoke to his father today , he had talks at Thistle last Friday and was offered a decent contract but turned it down to sign for Ayr as he said we have treated him superbly since he came and he likes the management team , training, style of football  and atmosphere  between the players )

Always liked the boy Houston

Kerr has been a vital player for us this season, and I always think we look better with bell in the team.

Hard to argue with harvie and Kelly though.

I always get nervous when Bell has the ball at his feet, perhaps due to an occasional error, but he's been class during the past month. He should probably have scored today! It's also great to have Roscoe as an extra body if we need to tighten up at the back, like we did against Ross County.

I'll happily admit I was a Kerr cynic. Today I was talking about the Dundee home game compared to today's game. Wow. An unrecognisable performance. He's learned a lot fast, and the players clearly know what's being asked of them. This league is so unpredictable but come on Ayr, let's push on, grind out results, and get 2nd.

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Myself and a few of my mates were having a discussion after the game. We’re just over halfway through the season. Who’s been your POTY and YPOTY so far? For me it’s Harvie for POTY and Kelly for 

Harvie our best player by some way for me this year and falls in to young category too obviously so really should get both.  But if we are spreading it around Kelly 100% next in line 

Loving all the comments from the football experts who knew all along that Mark Kerr was in fact a football genius. Social media and football forums were all full of you backing him during the three wins in ten games and some of the worst performances since Mark Roberts darkest days..............................

Image result for sarcastic face gif

three games in a row we were absolute crap, couldn't find an Ayr jersey with a pass for five hours of football, no changes, no invention. 

Capture.PNG.af8955b7579a2513eb2d342e18d257d6.PNG

One month on, We beat a Dunfermline team that were on a horrendous run and then back to back wins against Ross County and Inverness. 

Have things improved since McCall left? Not for Thistle obviously. 

The last two weeks have been very interesting though, two changes of formation, two changes that would never have been made by McCall. McCall would have taken the hit on the last two games and moved on. 

From not making a change for four games, Kerr has changed the shape and formation more in the last two games than McCall did in five years. It looks like time has been spent working out how to play during the week and there is a game plan. Whether he was trying to maintain continuity from the McCall/Scally/Stewart era or was naive in his first few weeks, time will tell, but he has managed to outfox two management teams who have had the better of Ayr for a few years. 

Credit where it is due, the last two weeks have been tactical victories that McCall did not and would not have made. We all want Kerr to do well, Three wins and three clean sheets is a remarkable turn of form from a month ago. Any manager who wins four out of eighteen points is under pressure and anyone who now says they never had any concerns at the time is a liar. 

Diego you've just managed to talk down both kerr and McCall in the same post. I dread to think how you felt about the previous collection of managers in the last 15 years.

Kerr was clearly an intelligent footballer and came across as very knowledgeable about the tactical side of the game (if lacking a bit in charisma).

Some folk were far too harsh on the appointment, because on the whole, football fans lack perspective.

I always go back to the first 45 mins at tannadice and that convinced me the guy could organise and motivate a team. From that point on I knew there was a chance he could get things going.

Has he miraculously turned things around with guardiola-like genius? No. Will infinite success follow? Probably not.

But like you say, there's a plan in place and an impressive energy in the team. Long may it last.

Sadly can't get to as many games as I want but tend to get to 1 a month. Harvie has looked better and better everytime I've seen him (including yesterday where he was my motm, if it hadn't been for Kelly scoring.)

Would be stunned if we retain him for next season as he looks ready to step up, but if we do Kerr and McCardle have pulled off something special.

Hoping the board see the chance to make some cash here and invest in a few decent players. We have a good chance of making one of the top places due to points already bagged. The cut throat nature of this league makes it difficult for many teams to amass points quickly. When you look at the cash on offer for league placings then a decent finish will more than pay for any new signings plus more. Even a mediocre run of results should still get us to a decent place

Hoping the board see the chance to make some cash here and invest in a few decent players. We have a good chance of making one of the top places due to points already bagged. The cut throat nature of this league makes it difficult for many teams to amass points quickly. When you look at the cash on offer for league placings then a decent finish will more than pay for any new signings plus more. Even a mediocre run of results should still get us to a decent place
We're well placed in both competitions.

I'm now (finally) reasonably confident that we'll finish in the top 4. Like you say, it's cut throat, and we've built a wee base and we're playing well with a couple of additions already made and a couple more on the way. We had a bad run and we've come out of it. No doubt we'll have another one but even last year we tickled along not too bad (from this point onwards) and I can't see it being as bag this year...surely.

The cup tie against saints is also a big game. Good atmosphere in the home end, and hopefully a few farmers will head down since it's been a while we've met at Somerset.

Win that and we'll have a real money spinning tie to look forward to (qf? - or am I getting ahead of myself).

Moffat's return to form is encouraging. It was also good to hear Kerr suggesting Moff would be here for another couple of years in his post match interview.

Also encouraging that Kerr is looking at two additions. I'm hoping for another central midfielder and central defender.

59 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The cup tie against saints is also a big game. Good atmosphere in the home end, and hopefully a few farmers will head down since it's been a while we've met at Somerset.

Theres already 6 bus loads sold out, plus some more being talked about.

Plenty of folk discussing trains, and I know I'll be driving down, so should be healthy enough. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres already 6 bus loads sold out, plus some more being talked about.

Plenty of folk discussing trains, and I know I'll be driving down, so should be healthy enough. 

Sounds encouraging, hopefully makes for a good atmosphere. Hopefully the home crowd will be up a bit with us also having won 4 in a row by then. 😁