The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, The Gypsy King said:

Anyone who wants a refund should never come back. They're not supporters.

I’m sympathetic to this, but these are challenging times for people who are suddenly without or on reduced income.

57 minutes ago, Iain said:

I’m sympathetic to this, but these are challenging times for people who are suddenly without or on reduced income.

I think that the vast majority will look at it as money that was spent by October last year and therefore it would not be in their budget for this year , the club will do what is right I believe , I have a season for Glasgow Clan Ice Hockey team and they are not giving money refunds , they are giving 4 free games next season , they can keep my money but I do appreciate many people will have different circumstances 

2 hours ago, The Gypsy King said:

Anyone who wants a refund should never come back. They're not supporters.

This is complete nonsense. While I’m in a financial position where I don’t want or need a part refund everyone’s situation is different. There is people being furloughed and only receiving 80% of their wages or companies going to the wall and their employees losing all their wages. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This is complete nonsense. While I’m in a financial position where I don’t want or need a part refund everyone’s situation is different. There is people being furloughed and only receiving 80% of their wages or companies going to the wall and their employees losing all their wages. 

^100% I'm in a similar boat, in that I am lucky enough that I wouldn't take a refund even if offered.

I cant believe it even needs said but the whole you're not a real fan trope is well wide of the mark here! 

Surely clubs are expecting to play games with crowds if they’re announcing season tickets being on sale? Some rockets don’t believe games will be played in front of fans until 2021 at the earliest [emoji849]

Ross County have suspended new season tickets sales. If you watch this thing called the news they're widely saying life is going to be affected into 2021, getting football back on at stadiums full of fans isn't going to be high up the priority list.

28 minutes ago, rb123! said:

In other news someone in South Ayrshire has claimed the £58m euromillions prize,

Hopefully he's a black and white supporter.....

(It's not me unfortunately)

Yes, I saw that and the same thought was going through my head.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Surely clubs are expecting to play games with crowds if they’re announcing season tickets being on sale? Some rockets don’t believe games will be played in front of fans until 2021 at the earliest 🙄

The football clubs and football authorities aren't in receipt of any more information than you or me and it's an ever changing picture with regards the virus itself and the strategy being used to tackle it.

Germany appear to be one of the least affected countries and also one of the best at handling / controlling it and they're talking about mass gatherings being banned until at least September.

On the other hand our own Gov seem rather eager to ease restrictions and open up business as soon as is possible (May 8th my guess for that to coincide with VE day), but easing restrictions to attending football matches is of course a huge jump, although Easyjet have already plans in place to recommence their commercial flights with social distancing in place (middle seat free on all flights).

Ultimately it will depend on how quickly we can start mass testing to ascertain how many have already had the virus and how contagious the virus is currently, only then will they be able to make any informed decision about returning to some sort of normality, so Yes, we could be talking a few months yet.

Surely clubs are expecting to play games with crowds if they’re announcing season tickets being on sale? Some rockets don’t believe games will be played in front of fans until 2021 at the earliest [emoji849]

It’s very possible that they won’t be.

I've just read that the bottom 3 divisions have just been sent out £1.8m between them all which represents the "end of season prize money".

I'm assuming this is only a first tranche of payments and the rest will be received at the normal end of season time ??

I've just read that the bottom 3 divisions have just been sent out £1.8m between them all which represents the "end of season prize money".
I'm assuming this is only a first tranche of payments and the rest will be received at the normal end of season time ??

No this is the final payment. We’ve already received the rest.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

No this is the final payment. We’ve already received the rest.

Did we end up getting the full £325,000 or whatever for fourth ?

I know the lower league prize fund was in excess of £4.3 Million that's why I was a bit confused with the £1.8m figure.

Did we end up getting the full £325,000 or whatever for fourth ?
I know the lower league prize fund was in excess of £4.3 Million that's why I was a bit confused with the £1.8m figure.

Yeah I’m pretty sure we did now that it was confirmed.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure we did now that it was confirmed.

Oh well that's not so bad then, I was sure the SPFL would have stitched us up in some way but if we're getting the full prize money then can't really complain.

Talk about there being no football until 2021 really flies in the face of all the people who were claiming that the vote to end the season was essential in order to give us certainty.

I never bought the fact that it was for certainty but the SPFL made it clear that this was going to be the quickest way to release the funds that a lot of clubs needed to keep going, ours included. That’s wrong on a couple of levels imo but realistically what were we supposed to do?

The big problem now lies in player contracts and when next season starts. Over on the other thread it was said that any existing players we have will fall into the 80% wage cover scheme if we choose to renew their contracts. However any new players brought in won’t be and will have to be paid in full. This makes it very difficult for us to justifiably bring in new players over the summer and puts a lot of players in difficult situations should they find themselves released. In terms of when next season starts I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t until 2021 before we are at a live match. Games behind closed doors is a complete non starter for me if indeed games are allowed to go ahead.