The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I've always liked MacDonald as a keeper, although I also saw him make a few blunders this season while playing with Alloa that were arguably worse than any I saw from young Ross over the entire season.
I'd agree McCrorie is also an excellent keeper at this level but if we can't get Ross back I don't see much chance of Rangers giving us McCrorie, especially after what they did with Queens.
If we could get him back it would be Doohan for me in a heartbeat, especially as he's settled here, knows the club and knows the players.

Nah we’ve no chance of getting McCrorie. He’ll either be backup to McGregor or sent on loan to an English side.

I don’t see us having much chance of keeping Kelly either so an attacking midfielder is a must. Would like us to go for O’Hara at Alloa.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

I thought you were just being a right b*****d and ignoring the request.

I like the discussion but the boy's right - this isn't the thread.

I know I CAN be a "right barsteward" at times but on this occasion I was completely innocent as I had started reading and answering about 6 pages back, so was a bit late in seeing the "on topic" plea !!

But Yes, I also agree we should use this to talk about Ayr rather than the wider issues which are covered in the Covid threads and Championship football threads.

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Any update on the POTY tickets?
Have we reached the magical £10,000 figure?

2 more tickets needing sold , I would think there will be a lot more players staying next season than leaving , won’t be many leaving that we want to keep , very few teams will have money to spend and we should be one of the favourites for promotion going by the teams that will be in Championship if restructuring goes with the more likely 14 top league 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

2 more tickets needing sold , I would think there will be a lot more players staying next season than leaving , won’t be many leaving that we want to keep , very few teams will have money to spend and we should be one of the favourites for promotion going by the teams that will be in Championship if restructuring goes with the more likely 14 top league 

Given we will be losing the nucleus of our team, that's a huge statement to make, especially when we have no idea of incoming players how the other teams in the league will shape up or indeed how next seasons league will look like. 

We should be between 3rd and 5th in the betting in a 10 team league, imho. 

With the chat of a 14 team top league is anyone else absolutely gutted we couldn't have eeked out a second place finish prior to the lockdown? We were there or thereabouts and then fell away. 

Would it have been a step too far too early for us as a club? Would we have stayed up, come straight back down and potentially been stronger for it? 

All hypothetical, I appreciate. 

19 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Given we will be losing the nucleus of our team, that's a huge statement to make, especially when we have no idea of incoming players how the other teams in the league will shape up or indeed how next seasons league will look like. 

We should be between 3rd and 5th in the betting in a 10 team league, imho. 

With the chat of a 14 team top league is anyone else absolutely gutted we couldn't have eeked out a second place finish prior to the lockdown? We were there or thereabouts and then fell away. 

Would it have been a step too far too early for us as a club? Would we have stayed up, come straight back down and potentially been stronger for it? 

All hypothetical, I appreciate. 

Are Forrest and Docherty the nucleus of our team as they are the only 2 players confirmed as leaving at moment  , Dundee are currently the only team above us if we go to a top 14 team league , I don’t think it’s a huge statement to make , where do you think the teams currently in our league are going to get big money to strengthen their teams , I also think we will have the nucleus of our current loan players back next season  

Edited by Robbo63

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah we’ve no chance of getting McCrorie. He’ll either be backup to McGregor or sent on loan to an English side.

I don’t see us having much chance of keeping Kelly either so an attacking midfielder is a must. Would like us to go for O’Hara at Alloa.

Yep, that was always the intention for McCrorie this coming season. Either backup to McGregor or out on loan to an English League side or possibly Scottish Premiership one. We thought we'd have him for a year first but the opportunity came up to go to Livingston 6 months early and he was gone. He won't be back in the Championship, he'll have better offers if he is allowed to go out from Rangers.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Yep, that was always the intention for McCrorie this coming season. Either backup to McGregor or out on loan to an English League side or possibly Scottish Premiership one. We thought we'd have him for a year first but the opportunity came up to go to Livingston 6 months early and he was gone. He won't be back in the Championship, he'll have better offers if he is allowed to go out from Rangers.

It seems he was doing really well at Livi. There’s absolutely no chance Rangers will allow him to “regress” back to the Championship, I agree with that. There was talk we wanted him before we got Doohan. 

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Would people take Drinan and Malley back on loan next season if we could get them? I think I’d say yes for both.

I would take Drinan, gives us something different up front and could score goals. I would say bye to Malley though, other than the goal against Morton, his contribution was minimal.

7 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Any update on the POTY tickets?
Have we reached the magical £10,000 figure?

Yes , sitting currently at £10,080 , can we get to £11,000 for month end 

Edited by Robbo63

2 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I would take Drinan, gives us something different up front and could score goals. I would say bye to Malley though, other than the goal against Morton, his contribution was minimal.

He had a very nice assist in the abandoned Arbroath game. I don’t think he really played enough to write him off.

I’d take Tiffoney if we absolutely couldn’t get someone better. We need a left winger anyway but Tiffoney is more likely a replacement for McGuffie rather than someone who should be starting games. I’d take Malley although I’m not entirely sure where he fits in when Kelly is fit. Kelly needs to be used as a number 10 imo. He’s wasted when played deeper.

Someone like Greg Kiltie would be a dream but I’d imagine he’ll have his pick of teams in our league given his last two loan spells have been pretty good. Dom Thomas is another I’d be delighted with.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d take Tiffoney if we absolutely couldn’t get someone better. We need a left winger anyway but Tiffoney is more likely a replacement for McGuffie rather than someone who should be starting games. I’d take Malley although I’m not entirely sure where he fits in when Kelly is fit. Kelly needs to be used as a number 10 imo. He’s wasted when played deeper.

Someone like Greg Kiltie would be a dream but I’d imagine he’ll have his pick of teams in our league given his last two loan spells have been pretty good. Dom Thomas is another I’d be delighted with.

Kiltie and Thomas, you really just want to give it the big GIRFUY to the killie fans when they join the best team in Ayrshire 😉

11 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Are Forrest and Docherty the nucleus of our team as they are the only 2 players confirmed as leaving at moment  , Dundee are currently the only team above us if we go to a top 14 team league , I don’t think it’s a huge statement to make , where do you think the teams currently in our league are going to get big money to strengthen their teams , I also think we will have the nucleus of our current loan players back next season  

Finishing positions usually come down to the respective team budgets and squad depth overall. You would concede last season was a massive overachievement and arguably we might even have dropped out of the playoff places had the final games been played 

Also, to be a Championship winning team you're looking at being one that typically scores around 60 - 65 goals over a full season and concedes around 30 - 35 over the same period. 

For me that requires a huge upgrade to last seasons squad, even before you consider losing Forrest who was chipping in with a few. Goalscoring wide players don't come around that often. 

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and you're right.