The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mark Kerr in the Advertiser saying top 4 is the aim again this season. He reckons we will have around the 5th-7th biggest  budget behind Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline and ICT. 

I would be disappointed if we finished outside top 4 , think a few of the bigger names could struggle , don’t think ICT or Dundee will be as strong as last season 

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I would be disappointed if we finished outside top 4 , think a few of the bigger names could struggle , don’t think ICT or Dundee will be as strong as last season 

I completely agree, over the past two transfer windows ICT have lost their starting back 4 of Rooney, McCart, Donaldson and Tremarco. Dundee appear to be up shit creek with regards to finances and looks like Kane Hemmings could be offski. 

Dunfermline’s transfer business so far has impressed me and I expect they will be up there. 

Mark Kerr in the Advertiser saying top 4 is the aim again this season. He reckons we will have around the 5th-7th biggest  budget behind Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline and ICT. 
Has Kerr taken the huff with the Ayrshire Post lol

Kerr’s fairly putting the pressure on himself with comments like that. No doubt top 4 should be the target but talking about it to the press and mentioning budgets he must be fairly confident that can be achieved.

So far I think Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee will be top 4. Dundee may lose Hemmings but they’ve pretty much got a settler squad apart from that and will only be looking for a handful of additions.

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I completely agree, over the past two transfer windows ICT have lost their starting back 4 of Rooney, McCart, Donaldson and Tremarco. Dundee appear to be up shit creek with regards to finances and looks like Kane Hemmings could be offski. 

Dunfermline’s transfer business so far has impressed me and I expect they will be up there. 

Things must be looking up , we have totally agreed on a post 😉

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Kerr’s fairly putting the pressure on himself with comments like that. No doubt top 4 should be the target but talking about it to the press and mentioning budgets he must be fairly confident that can be achieved.

So far I think Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee will be top 4. Dundee may lose Hemmings but they’ve pretty much got a settler squad apart from that and will only be looking for a handful of additions.

I honestly would not believe anything in the Advertiser , Ayrshire Post gets all the information first , the sports guy in the Advertiser goes on things he sees online in forums etc ( just read most of his reports , seems to be at a different game ) 

Has Kerr taken the huff with the Ayrshire Post lol

Don’t think the AP have printed anything ITK since McCall left although VOR was pretty on the ball throughout the January window.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hard to call anyone, we've done good so far but we're still missing a Gk from a starting 11, as well as their still being questions marks about Craw as a manager. 

Someone made a point about comparatively this bring like before a normal season has ended and that's a fair point. I've got no idea how many of the teams in the league will line up. 

Fair play to Kerr for backing himself. 

Interesting though the bit where Kerr says our budget was probably better than what some people thought and despite all of McCalls talk of slashing the budget he was still well backed last summer. Probably spunked a large part of it on Kris Doolan and spent the rest on Roscoe and the loans.

Don’t think the AP have printed anything ITK since McCall left although VOR was pretty on the ball throughout the January window.
Aye think McCall had the VOR on speed dial with names we were after. Were spoiled for choice with leaks in the AP while McCall was about lol.

Did everyone who pre-ordered the new home top get theirs hand delivered the other week?

I ordered mine in May so presumed I’d get it but haven’t had it delivered yet.

club website says that local addresses would be delivered by 4th July.

Did everyone who pre-ordered the new home top get theirs hand delivered the other week?
I ordered mine in May so presumed I’d get it but haven’t had it delivered yet.

club website says that local addresses would be delivered by 4th July.

I haven’t ordered one but I’d maybe get in touch with someone at the club shop or even send Robbo a PM on here.

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I haven’t ordered one but I’d maybe get in touch with someone at the club shop or even send Robbo a PM on here.

I’ve emailed the club already. Was just curious if everyone else had received theirs.

I’ve emailed the club already. Was just curious if everyone else had received theirs.
I live in Glasgow and got mine in the post on Tuesday. I ordered it the day they went on sale. I'd imagine you'll be soon though.

I think the top is class. It's really good quality, and looks much better in person than it did from the few pictures on launch day. I'm looking forward to getting the away top now!