The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We all have our opinions wither it's safe for fans to be in the stadiums but one things for sure the powers that be need to give some clarity about pay per view for games and streaming the club's need some revenue stream as I don't think we will see any fans in stadiums this side of new year.

Well yes?
Pretty much agree with the above, this is the final piece of the jigsaw for us, it’s the hardest position on the park , so we have to get a good one .  

The idea that any ayr united signing should be a guaranteed success is just lunacy. It's an abuse of the English language.

Barcelona and Man United don't get to buy 'guaranteed successes'. No club does.

At our level we're always going to be taking a fair bit of a risk, and it's down to the management team just how much of a risk they want to take.

They could take quite a big gamble with an inexperienced keeper, or play it more safe with an old set of hands. But risk is always involved.

Let's not forget that plenty of fans were unhappy when we signed shankland - and look how that turned out.

We need to trust the management team, and give whoever is brought in time before we get the knives out.

39 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

An absolute joke really. We don’t shut down the world when the flu is wiping out folk every year. I don’t see why we couldn’t have at least 1000 fans scattered around Somerset and have us wear face coverings

Its good to see the red dot brigade are out in force today for a post which is clearly borne of frustration. I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who isn't frustrated at the prospect of being in lockdown again.

I think the problem is its likely we'll be back in lockdown either way. Unfortunately that's the only lever the government (of either stripe) has now. With a nationwide lockdown there will be no attendance at football. Nor should there be.

I do actually think you have a point about coronavirus and the restrictions placed on attendance at football versus pubs, clubs, office spaces which are all enclosed. I've never quite agreed with the perceived relative risk the government has attached to these.

Hopefully we'll get some clarity on streaming soon so we can get our Ayr United fix.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Its good to see the red dot brigade are out in force today for a post which is clearly borne of frustration. I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who isn't frustrated at the prospect of being lockdown again.

I think the problem is its likely we'll be back in lockdown either way. Unfortunately that's the only lever the government (of either stripe) has now. With a nationwide lockdown there will be no attendance at football. Nor should there be.

I do actually think you have a point about coronavirus and the restrictions placed on attendance at football versus pubs, clubs, office spaces which are all enclosed. I've never quite agreed with the perceived relative risk the government has attached to these.

Hopefully we'll get some clarity on streaming soon so we can get our Ayr United fix.

That is my fear, the prospect of football getting canned completely. The thought of having Ayr United back is one of the few things getting me through this shit show and my mental health would go through the roof if that is the case. 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That is my fear, the prospect of football getting canned completely. The thought of having Ayr United back is one of the few things getting me through this shit show and my mental health would go through the roof if that is the case

I hadn't realised that watching Ayr had such a negative effect on your mental health. 🤣

On 17/09/2020 at 17:38, super_carson said:

Is it just me, or are the hummel sizes a bit smaller than the adidas ones? Adidas XL used to fit perfect but the hummel one is a tad tight.

Of course, that could be more to do with lockdown....

Did anyone else get the new sexy away strip today? Was waiting outside the shop at 1pm and got both Roxannes Boyo and I, the shirts we had pre-ordered.  Went up the road chuffed to bits, the wee man was over the moon. 

Then I tried it on 🙄 Oaft! Your not wrong about the sizing, I'm usually a medium and there was no chance that thing was fitting me. Had to phone in to see if they would swap for a bigger size 🙄

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Did anyone else get the new sexy away strip today? Was waiting outside the shop at 1pm and got both Roxannes Boyo and I, the shirts we had pre-ordered.  Went up the road chuffed to bits, the wee man was over the moon. 

Then I tried it on 🙄 Oaft! Your not wrong about the sizing, I'm usually a medium and there was no chance that thing was fitting me. Had to phone in to see if they would swap for a bigger size 🙄

Got myself a medium and I'm spot on. 

27 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Over 200 people bought the top today , best single day sale on any away top we have had in numerous seasons , Hummel sizes are not as forgiving as Adidas or Nike , they are the same sizing as the home top and to be fair out of the over 800 we have sold of them only around a dozen were returned as they  had to go up a size 

24 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Hummel sizes are not as forgiving as Adidas or Nike

You said it. 🙄 I'm going with the shirt being too short and nothing to do with my gut, as I've been on a pot-noodle diet since 1996. 

It is absolutely fantastic that so many away shirts were sold today. 👍 It is one of the better Looking Shirts that Ayr have had in a while (Anything is better than that horrific p*ss yellow pinstripe thing a few seasons back). Just hoping that we actually get to wear it at Somerset one time this season 😔

Edited by Roxanne's man

Just a thought which I doubt anyone will know about, perhaps a question for Robbo.

If you choose to get a season ticket or do the PPV will you be able to watch the 90 minute live stream at any time after the match or will it just be broadcast live and that's it. Just thinking for people who may be unable to watch the game at 3pm on a Saturday but could on a Saturday night or Sunday say.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That is my fear, the prospect of football getting canned completely. The thought of having Ayr United back is one of the few things getting me through this shit show and my mental health would go through the roof if that is the case. 

Ditto. My mental health has been shit for a year now. Lost my Dad in Feb, then lockdown in March. Grieving whilst in lockdown was a struggle. Was looking forward to having a distraction from life with the return of games at Somerset. It’s going to be a long bleak winter for those struggling mentally. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ditto. My mental health has been shit for a year now. Lost my Dad in Feb, then lockdown in March. Grieving whilst in lockdown was a struggle. Was looking forward to having a distraction from life with the return of games at Somerset. It’s going to be a long bleak winter for those struggling mentally. 

I'm sorry to hear that buddy 😔.  Just remember though that there are people out there who care for you and think that you're awesome!  

Somerset Park is by all means a great place to avoid the stress and harshities of life, from a social aspect it is essential to many people. I understand that. 

Just please Remember to love yourself in equal measure to your neighbours (Except Kilmarnock! Worlds worst neighbours.) You and your mind might not always agree, but trust me it's the best tool we, as humans have at our disposal. So when you are feeling down, just remember that this won't last forever. We will at one point return to Somerset and see the Super once again 😁👍

Edited by Roxanne's man

Over 200 people bought the top today , best single day sale on any away top we have had in numerous seasons , Hummel sizes are not as forgiving as Adidas or Nike , they are the same sizing as the home top and to be fair out of the over 800 we have sold of them only around a dozen were returned as they  had to go up a size 
That is absolutely outstanding. Goes to show that putting the time and effort into creating a beautiful kit pays off. Sounds like the Hummel relationship will be a good one!

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Just a thought which I doubt anyone will know about, perhaps a question for Robbo.

If you choose to get a season ticket or do the PPV will you be able to watch the 90 minute live stream at any time after the match or will it just be broadcast live and that's it. Just thinking for people who may be unable to watch the game at 3pm on a Saturday but could on a Saturday night or Sunday say.

Live stream only. Although clubs will be able to put out highlights packages as they always were.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Live stream only. Although clubs will be able to put out highlights packages as they always were.

Cheers, suppose that means you don't need to watch the 75% of the game which is dire lol

Do championship clubs 100% know what is happening with livestreaming for the start of the season as it's only just under 4 weeks away, 2 weeks tomorrow for us if you count the Betfred Cup. 

Not sure if it's just our club but information to fans seems very thin on the grounds with regards to if season ticket is going to get access to all home and away matches fully livestreamed for sure and if PPV is going to be available on a week to week basis for more casual fans.

Be interesting to know if with closed doors looking like it's going to be the way for a while if BBC Scotland might show more games perhaps? Just a thought

Edited by rb123!

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Cheers, suppose that means you don't need to watch the 75% of the game which is dire lol

Do championship clubs 100% know what is happening with livestreaming for the start of the season as it's only just under 4 weeks away, 2 weeks tomorrow for us if you count the Betfred Cup. 

Not sure if it's just our club but information to fans seems very thin on the grounds with regards to if season ticket is going to get access to all home and away matches fully livestreamed for sure and if PPV is going to be available on a week to week basis for more casual fans.

Be interesting to know if with closed doors looking like it's going to be the way for a while if BBC Scotland might show more games perhaps? Just a thought

I’m almost certain it will cover home games but not away games just like a normal season ticket would.