The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Nope , the money for toilets etc came  directly from him 

United have also dipped into the Covid lifeline fund, provided by James Anderson, to carry out a number of essential upgrades around the ground.

New toilets in the home and away end of Somerset and enlarged dugouts to allow for social distancing are part of the new look.

Smith added: “The money from James Anderson has been essential and we will be eternally grateful for that.

“These are short term wins in terms of getting fans back in the ground but it also leaves a long term legacy.”

We might have just used it to buy toilet roll in which case we should have enough left over for testing.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

United have also dipped into the Covid lifeline fund, provided by James Anderson, to carry out a number of essential upgrades around the ground.

New toilets in the home and away end of Somerset and enlarged dugouts to allow for social distancing are part of the new look.

Smith added: “The money from James Anderson has been essential and we will be eternally grateful for that.

“These are short term wins in terms of getting fans back in the ground but it also leaves a long term legacy.”

We might have just used it to buy toilet roll in which case we should have enough left over for testing.

We’re all getting £500,000 in grants from the SG. No reason why we can’t test. 

56 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I may have picked this up wrong but I thought all clubs were giving money at start of season from the Hearts beneficiary, was that not meant to contribute towards carrying out Covid tests ? If clubs spend that money on other things then they should not be complaining too much about now having to fork out for tests 

You could use it for other covid related stuff, you had to show what you would spend it on.  I'd imagine anyone who said testing changed the purpose by now rather than sit with tens of thousands of pounds they can't use. 

35 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

You are correct , I stand corrected , it was the boardroom and kitchen refurbishment that he completed at his company’s expense 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The main issue to resolve will be how promotion and relegation from the lower leagues will work if they are unable to resume. 

Imagine with all the Celtic carry-on the last couple of weeks and Rangers being 20 odd points clear, if they cancelled the 2020/21 season this month and didn't award any titles, promotion or relegation. 

15 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They said it was within guidelines but it may be up to the football authorities to use common sense, which is never going to happen. with the games getting called off due to the weather, it may be a  good time to suspend games till the start of Feb. 

jim carrey gifs, ive got the power gifs, bruce almighty gifs, power gifs

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Imagine with all the Celtic carry-on the last couple of weeks and Rangers being 20 odd points clear, if they cancelled the 2020/21 season this month and didn't award any titles, promotion or relegation. 

That would be funny if rangers weren't awarded the title lol

15 hours ago, rb123! said:

For this season they should have made the scottish cup regional just like the league cup IMO so you didn't end up with any teams travelling halfway round Scotland. Problem with any stoppage of even a few weeks is when are the games played? Would result in a congested end to the season of probably a straight month of Tuesday/Saturday games which would take it's toll.

I think the Scottish cup will be finished during next season again at this rate. To many ties to be player, to many games likely to be called off because of the weather and to many games to be played to substandard parks. 

The lower leagues are due to finish on the 1st May then play-off games. I don't know when most contracts are due to expire but there may be an option to extend the end date rather than having a farce of some teams playing Sat - Tue - Thu - Sat just to get games played. 

That is assuming that no games get called off due Covid infections outwith the normal call-offs. 

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think the Scottish cup will be finished during next season again at this rate. To many ties to be player, to many games likely to be called off because of the weather and to many games to be played to substandard parks. 

The lower leagues are due to finish on the 1st May then play-off games. I don't know when most contracts are due to expire but there may be an option to extend the end date rather than having a farce of some teams playing Sat - Tue - Thu - Sat just to get games played. 

That is assuming that no games get called off due Covid infections outwith the normal call-offs. 

Part time contracts typically finish on May 15th. Full time ones on either May 31st or June 9th. Top level clubs often use June 30th which is fairly standard in England at all levels.

Appreciate it's not a big issue at lower levels but we also have a European Championship in the summer starting on 11th June (for the time being anyway) with players being released 2 or 3 weeks ahead of it. Clubs like Hearts may have players in the international setups. Not sure if anyone else does? Either way I don't think too many will want to still be focusing on domestic football by the time those start. I think realistically it has to be done, including any playoffs still being played by the end of May.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Part time contracts typically finish on May 15th. Full time ones on either May 31st or June 9th. Top level clubs often use June 30th which is fairly standard in England at all levels.

Appreciate it's not a big issue at lower levels but we also have a European Championship in the summer starting on 11th June (for the time being anyway) with players being released 2 or 3 weeks ahead of it. Clubs like Hearts may have players in the international setups. Not sure if anyone else does? Either way I don't think too many will want to still be focusing on domestic football by the time those start. I think realistically it has to be done, including any playoffs still being played by the end of May.

I'm sure ours run up to the end of June. Thanks for the compliment!

Worth pointing out that we’ve had a couple of brutal winters over the last decade or so that wiped out lower league football for weeks.  We still managed to finish the season.  Depends how long this goes on, but if football can restart in early February we ought to be able to complete the fixtures.  

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Worth pointing out that we’ve had a couple of brutal winters over the last decade or so that wiped out lower league football for weeks.  We still managed to finish the season.  Depends how long this goes on, but if football can restart in early February we ought to be able to complete the fixtures.  

League ones yes, I'd think that, at the moment all league games could be completed, cup games, I doubt it.

13 out of the 16 ties currently have a team below the Championship named. They will have at least two rounds of  league games to re-schedule (League 1 & 2,  pyramid teams might have more) Of the 13 ties featuring teams below the Championship, 11 have already had a postponement, those games were scheduled this week. The Hearts Tie is already a match behind.  The next round was  scheduled  for the weekend of the 30th January, the day before the proposed re-start. 

So clubs in league one and two will have two league games and potentially 2 cup games to reschedule . Clyde in league 1 have already 3 games to catch up on before todays announcement. There is already a midweek card planned in April. 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

League ones yes, I'd think that, at the moment all league games could be completed, cup games, I doubt it.

13 out of the 16 ties currently have a team below the Championship named. They will have at least two rounds of  league games to re-schedule (League 1 & 2,  pyramid teams might have more) Of the 13 ties featuring teams below the Championship, 11 have already had a postponement, those games were scheduled this week. The Hearts Tie is already a match behind.  The next round was  scheduled  for the weekend of the 30th January, the day before the proposed re-start. 

So clubs in league one and two will have two league games and potentially 2 cup games to reschedule . Clyde in league 1 have already 3 games to catch up on before todays announcement. There is already a midweek card planned in April. 

Camelon v Brora is still going ahead tonight.

I imagine one scenario for the Scottish Cup would be if the lower leagues are off longer than 3 weeks then those clubs are given the chance to pull out or be allowed to play on the condition they test.

Based on this Celtic thing they have obviously been tested on Monday as part of the weekly test procedure, going forward will we be testing weekly on a Monday?

If that is the case We will be in our bubble but how does that Impact on the the part time teams  players who are out and about with there work the rest of the week or are they testing differently.

Ross Doohan been recalled by Celtic it seems, on the bench for them to night. 
Fair to say that was a waste for him at Ross County, would have been better back at us this season IMO

Dare I say it but I think Sinisalo might actually be an upgrade on him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Doohan with us next season right enough. Would think Villa might want Sinisalo at an English club.