The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Danny Rogers would be Absoulotely fine and probably the best we can hope for. 

Exactly my feeling. 

He was previously very good at this level whilst on loan, he’s experienced and generally reliable.

Some fans need to have a look at where Ayr United are in the pecking order for players , we don’t get many players who are playing to top of their potential, we need to get experienced players at this level to help the youngsters to blend into a team , not every player who has had a bad time recently is a bad player , everyone goes through a poor spell in their life or work and a great deal come back better and refreshed 

Edited by Finlay21

I don’t think we’ll have struck any agreement with a keeper yet given Hopkin apparently has more than one coming in for pre season training. I hope we’ve got someone from AU media down with a camera for some shots of pre season training so we can see if we recognise anyone.

36 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Some fans need to have a look at where Ayr United are in the pecking order for players , we don’t get many players who are playing to top of their potential, we need to get experienced players at this level to help the youngsters to blend into a team , not every player who has had a bad time recently is a bad player , everyone goes through a poor spell in their life or work and a great deal come back better and refreshed 

Danny Rodgers confirmed then 🤣 or some jobber striker.....

We're laughing if my other guesses of Todorov, Mebude and Cochrane are correct lol

Edited by rb123!

I’m sure a Livingston fan said that Hopkin spent ages trying to sign Bob McHugh for them and then was able to manage him at Morton. If he’s out of contract I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try and go for him.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure a Livingston fan said that Hopkin spent ages trying to sign Bob McHugh for them and then was able to manage him at Morton. If he’s out of contract I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try and go for him.

He would be a good signing. Though he really does need a man beside him I've noticed. 

8 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Reminds me of Sludden and Templeton not being wanted or rated by the mighty Airdrie , the rest is history .

If we have the funds the following would make me happy :

Toderov and/or McHugh

Conway but Quitongo is more lightly

Charlie Trafford

Any ham and eggs keeper over 6ft 2in .

A goal scoring no 10 would be the icing on the cake . But who ? I have no idea .

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Danny Rodgers confirmed then 🤣 or some jobber striker.....

We're laughing if my other guesses of Todorov, Mebude and Cochrane are correct lol

As Djaffo has mentioned above , no goalkeeper has signed yet as a couple are coming to training next week , if I was a betting man I would not be putting a penny on Rodgers would be an outsider , striker will be a good addition