The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

That was a lot better than expected

It is against a L2 team to be fair. 

Adeloye looks really mobile and with a good touch. We need to make sure we get runners around and past him and also make sure he doesn't drop too deep. 

We desperately need some width from Houston on the right, similar to what Reading gives us on the other side. 

McKenzie looks a bit lost and ineffective wide left, Hewitt showing up fine as well. 

I'd still have Muirhead in the middle of the park as well. I like him in there. 

Encouraging, certainly better than I thought we'd be seeing, with the knowledge that we nerd to strengthen for the league campaign. 

Edited by BukyOHare

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

McKenzie looks a bit lost and ineffective wide left, Hewitt showing up fine as well. 

I dunno why McKenzie isn't alongside Adeloye tbh. Salkeld runs about a lot but not got a final pass or shot on him.  I'd rather stick him on the wing tbh.

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Adeloye looks really mobile and with a good touch. We need to make sure we get runners around and past him and also make sure he doesn't drop too deep. 

We desperately need some width from Houston on the right, similar to what Reading gives us on the other side. 

Encouraging. 

I wonder if his place in the team will be under threat when macalister is fit 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I dunno why McKenzie isn't alongside Adeloye tbh. Salkeld runs about a lot but not got a final pass or shot on him.  I'd rather stick him on the wing tbh.

I'd agree, McKenzie naturally wants to come inside and Reading takes up his space wide left as well. 

Its probably a case of getting 11 fit bodies on the pitch first and formations second!

Encouraging, certainly better than I thought we'd be seeing, with the knowledge that we nerd to strengthen for the league campaign. 

Tbf Muirhead is dropping into midfield quite a bit when he gets the ball and is the only one making forward passes. We’re seriously lacking a number 10 to try and create something but for what we’ve got right now we’ve done okay, albeit against a rotten Edinburgh team.

It’s hard to see what formation we’re playing as it changes quite a bit when we’ve got the ball to when we’re defending.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf Muirhead is dropping into midfield quite a bit when he gets the ball and is the only one making forward passes. We’re seriously lacking a number 10 to try and create something but for what we’ve got right now we’ve done okay, albeit against a rotten Edinburgh team.

It’s hard to see what formation we’re playing as it changes quite a bit when we’ve got the ball to when we’re defending.

McCowan and Smith would've linked up lovely with Adeloye. Impressed with him back to goal which is definitely what we need.