The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, mps02 said:
40 minutes ago, Roxanne said:
This is just embarrassing. Duffy out!

Nope it is now though. Duffy must be binned. 2 down is shocking in a must win game.

Remember when Hopkin went to Gayfield for a must-win foot-of-the-table clash, got fucking horsed 4-0, and was rewarded by this board with a contract extension and the opportunity to improve the team by signing the worst players now in it?

One goal left!

Edited by Thumper

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Remember when Hopkin went to Gayfield for a must-win foot-of-the-table clash, got fucking horsed 4-0, and was rewarded by this board with a contract extension and the opportunity to improve the team by signing the worst players now in it?

One goal left!

We've become a parody of a football club. The standards on the field have dropped exponentially in the last 12 months. Kerr was sacked and replaced by Hopkin to avoid a relegation battle. It actually embroiled us in one.

Hopkin chucked the rattles after getting rightly hounded by the support. The club went for the cheap option and gave it to Duffy. Again, we're embroiled in a relegation battle - only this season we may actually get relegated automatically.

Questions need to be asked of the decision making of the board. They've watched this unfold and done nothing to alter the course.

Appointing Mathie is an important step for the future but it doesn't excuse the diabolical decision making and inertia which has gone before. Dave Smith and the rest of the board need to step back and allow Mathie to run the club (on and off the field) as they have proven themselves to be incapable and culpable for this mess.

Edited by Trogdor

The last few weeks we have looked like we were improving and not sitting back as much.

Duffy has learned f**k all. We could be 6 down and there is still 40min to go.

I hope he quits tonight, make it easy for everyone 

if I was Smith, I’d be getting on the bus now and heading back to Ayr, let this shower walk home. 

The hope was probably that Duffy would shitfest enough points to keep up with the other stragglers. This would give Mathie some time in the job to identify and secure a long term suitable replacement. After another top quality disaster Mathie has some big decisions to make after only a few days in the job 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

The hope was probably that Duffy would shitfest enough points to keep up with the other stragglers.

And it could still even have worked, if Duffy wasn't absolutely hell-bent on proving the doubters wrong by continually playing his favourites and his tactics.

This has been coming for weeks now, it hasn't just appeared from nowhere. There were no green shoots under Duffy. This the ninth league game without a victory. The eleventh league game in a row where we've conceeded first and we're one win in twelve league games.

It's been clear as day for about a month that Duffy isn't up to it. We've dithered and demurred and we've ended up with 2 points from four six pointers against Dunfermline, Morton, Hamilton & Queens.

That rests with the board. They've basically ostriched it, hoping things would get better all by themselves.

Edited by Trogdor
Fixed my stats

Just now, cop said:

No one can question Mathie if he was to get rid of Duffy. It's just a no brainer. 

I expect there will be more questions if Duffy isn't punted.

Although I fully expect BBC Scotland to be giving it, that's harsh on Duffy. He didn't even get a window. What a rash decision and all that pish. Despite the stats proving the contrary.

We’ve barely left our half, it is 1 way traffic, QOTS are showboating.

He needs to go tonight, no subs after an hour during this shambles is unforgivable.

no interest in changing it

He needs to go tonight after this. If he doesn’t, he’s a fraud, he’s hanging about to get paid off.