The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Been a lot of posts that I can't be arsed reading just now so apologies if it's been covered- today I thought McInroy was excellent and he brought out the best in Andy Murdoch who was back to his best.   Dempsey looked decent too.   Negatives?  To stay up we need better than Maxwell and McKenzie as the "wingers".  Especially when it's obvious the main goalscorer isn't going to play. 

8 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The difference for me today was undoubtedly Andy Murdoch in place of Muirhead. Murdoch took the pressure off the centre backs by giving them a short simple option to get rid of the ball to save them shiteing the bed and shelling it.

Like the look of McInroy. Probably an average player at this level which is miles above anything we had before.

Bullen has managed to figure out the Muirhead problem about a month after everyone else, now he just needs to figure out the Mark McKenzie problem.

McKenzie isn't a right winger, he's a striker for a start 

The game he scored two at Dundee he was upfront

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

I think to be fair to Bullen he always knew Muirhead was a CH but our midfield options were so poor he had to play him there , but yes there are bettter options than McKenzie 

Very true actually I hadn’t listened to his interview earlier. Pleased he noticed this👍🏼

54 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Maybe it's because he is just p*sh.

Pish but scored 10 goals while the 2nd top scorer is a left back being asked to play as a winger with 3 (one which was a clear OG).  In the position we are the now I'd rather see us score some goals

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

I feel we're getting slightly better as we go, but I really fear it won't be enough unless we see more drastic improvements in the next 2/3 games.

After the game at Palmerston I was sure we were going to go down, and while we don't look like as much of a bin fire, there hasn't been anywhere near enough to suggest we are capable of pulling away. I think it'll be 9th for us.

I am a bit more optimistic. I think it will be very tight but I definitely see improvements., both on Tuesday and again today. The last time we played Dunfermline we lost 3-0 and were never in the game. Today I think we were unfortunate not to win. Dunfermline are ahead of us on goal difference - so everything to play for.

It's going to go to the last game of the season, without a doubt, but I think if we continue to improve we will have a chance of finishing 8th.

2 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I am a bit more optimistic. I think it will be very tight but I definitely see improvements., both on Tuesday and again today. The last time we played Dunfermline we lost 3-0 and were never in the game. Today I think we were unfortunate not to win. Dunfermline are ahead of us on goal difference - so everything to play for.

It's going to go to the last game of the season, without a doubt, but I think if we continue to improve we will have a chance of finishing 8th.

I admire your optimism. I hope you're right. I agree, it's likely going to go right to the wire.

6 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Careful now, Bullen still has 0 wins.  

Ultimately that’s two pints evaporated from a home game against a team we’d be hoping to beat. It would appear Bullen has no trust in anyone to come off the bench and positively impact the game. Have now accepted we’re never going to start a game with two up front. Bullen talks about learning but has erred on the side of caution so far, repeating recent mistakes. Won’t happen but need someone with the cojones to ask what’s going on with Adeloye at the press conference.  Not buying he’s been rested. 

The thing with Adeloye is that he hasn’t actually done enough to be considered un-droppable. If he was carrying this team with his individual performances and giving absolutely everything then fair enough and I’m sure Bullen would let it slide. However he doesn’t and he’s more a best of a bad bunch rather than being brilliant for us. He’s contributed a handful of goals but when he doesn’t score he doesn’t actually do anything else.

Ashford didn’t score today but I feel he linked up better with McInroy, Dempsey and Maxwell and was offering things that you don’t get with Adeloye. Whether they would work as a partnership I’m not sure but I’m far from the stage of calling for Adeloye to get into the team regardless of what’s going on behind the scenes. If he’s taking the huff and not bothering his arse in training then he get fucked tbh. He hasn’t done enough this season to think he can do what he wants.

8 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Ultimately that’s two pints evaporated from a home game against a team we’d be hoping to beat. It would appear Bullen has no trust in anyone to come off the bench and positively impact the game. Have now accepted we’re never going to start a game with two up front. Bullen talks about learning but has erred on the side of caution so far, repeating recent mistakes. Won’t happen but need someone with the cojones to ask what’s going on with Adeloye at the press conference.  Not buying he’s been rested. 

2 goals in 5 games in charge, one of which was a wind assisted fluke (I’m not counting the Arbroath game).  Barely a shot at goal across those 5 games.  There must be a huge problem with Adeloye for him to be so frozen out.  Feels like a situation that no one is winning out of and one that the manager should surely be able to manage in a constructive manner.   If Bullen doesn’t evolve his thinking and quick, we are going down.

We can talk all night about linking play, running channels, attitude,  closing defender's, great at training blah blah blah....he scores goals the rest don't, we're currently heading for relegation it's as simple and obvious as that, it's Bullens decision but it's fairly simple now. 

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Maybe it's because he is just p*sh.

If you think he’s pish I’d love to know what you think about the rest of the team.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The thing with Adeloye is that he hasn’t actually done enough to be considered un-droppable. If he was carrying this team with his individual performances and giving absolutely everything then fair enough and I’m sure Bullen would let it slide. However he doesn’t and he’s more a best of a bad bunch rather than being brilliant for us. He’s contributed a handful of goals but when he doesn’t score he doesn’t actually do anything else.

Ashford didn’t score today but I feel he linked up better with McInroy, Dempsey and Maxwell and was offering things that you don’t get with Adeloye. Whether they would work as a partnership I’m not sure but I’m far from the stage of calling for Adeloye to get into the team regardless of what’s going on behind the scenes. If he’s taking the huff and not bothering his arse in training then he get fucked tbh. He hasn’t done enough this season to think he can do what he wants.

He’s our top scorer and undoubtedly our biggest goal threat. At this level that’s enough to suggest that he should be playing.

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The thing with Adeloye is that he hasn’t actually done enough to be considered un-droppable.

He has scored 10 goals though which suggests he might be worth bringing off the bench at some point in a must win game?  Undroppable and unplayable are two totally different things. 

Ayr United fans:

"Adeloye is a lazy shit who doesn't contribute anything to the team!"

Ayr United fans: 2 games later:

"We're fucking shit and Adeloye is our top scorer he has to start!

We're a fickle bunch that's for sure lol

Edited by rb123!

I would be curious to me if a 3-5-2 could possible work against Killie 

GK - McAdams

RCB - Muirhead

CB- Baird/Fjortoft/McGinty

LCB - Reading

RWB/RM - Rowe

RCM - McInroy

CM - Murdoch

LCM- Dempsey

LWB/LM - Maxwell

ST - Ashford

ST - Adeloye 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Ayr United fans:

"Adeloye is a lazy shit who doesn't contribute anything to the team!"

Ayr United fans: 2 games later:

"We're fucking shit and Adeloye is our top scorer he has to start!

We're a fickle bunch that's for sure lol

Think its a split between  the fans to be fair.  Doubt anyone would have changed opinion.  He's a starter for me.