The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Nah, I'm Confident of a result for Ayr today. Ayr are in form and Q.o.s have Willie Gibson as Manager. My Heart tells me that Ayr can't and won't lose to a team led by Willie Gibson.

FHoKaPzXIAUrMf0.jpg

Two main questions:

1) Can someone please explain to me what Ashford offers starting in that position, over Tomi? Other than he runs about achieving nothing fractionally more. 
2) Why the f**k is Houston still starting, never mind lasting the game. 

Some truly woeful performances, if Bullen still hasn’t learned how to set up in these games I’m seriously worried. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Very few with pass marks today. Muirhead in the middle just never works. Maxwell had a shocker. McKenzie out wide does f**k all against a team like queens at home. Really disappointing one after the last couple of results.

We offered so little. At home, with the forward/attacking midfield presence we now have, we should be able to take a game to QOS.

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Nah, I'm Confident of a result for Ayr today. Ayr are in form and Q.o.s have Willie Gibson as Manager. My Heart tells me that Ayr can't and won't lose to a team led by Willie Gibson.

Gutted for you.

1372570544_tenor(1).gif.b22d727161880552748bb506141c3997.gif

At the very least that should put an end to Muirhead in midfield. Be amazed if he starts there again.

Actually quite like the look of Ashford, quick turn of pace, chases players down and has a good touch but hard to judge him on anything else as he's completely devoid of any decent service.

Back to the drawing board eh...

start again fox broadcasting GIF by Hell's Kitchen

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

At the very least that should put an end to Muirhead in midfield. Be amazed if he starts there again.

Actually quite like the look of Ashford, quick turn of pace, chases players down and has a good touch but hard to judge him on anything else as he's completely devoid of any decent service.

Back to the drawing board eh...

start again fox broadcasting GIF by Hell's Kitchen

That’s what we all thought after the first 20 odd games and then today happened. Bullen’s decision making fills me with absolutely zero confidence.

9 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

That’s what we all thought after the first 20 odd games and then today happened. Bullen’s decision making fills me with absolutely zero confidence.

Today was brutal though. surely a turning point. I'd have rather O'Connor started in midfield with Dempse and McInroy either side of him sitting back a bit.

That was an absolute shitshow from Lee Bullen.  Terrible formation, terrible tactics.  

I accept we dug out a couple of great results away from home playing a certain way, but setting up like that at home is an absolute disgrace.   So similar to the Morton game 3-4 weeks back where our only tactic was to not lose a goal, then looked utterly lost when we did.  Absolutely no attempt to get on the front foot, press up the park, commit men into the box or show anything that might resemble an ambition to go and win the game.   Can anyone explain what McKenzie actually does?  As best I can see, he does nothing more than occupy a 10 yard square box in front of Houston.  We at least carried a threat when Adeloye came on and went 2 up front, though try telling that to some of the rockets on the North Terracing.  And playing Muirhead as a midfield lynchpin simply doesn’t work - we’ve proved that to the point of destruction and far, far beyond.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

That was an absolute shitshow from Lee Bullen.  Terrible formation, terrible tactics

Yup. I like the guy and he has been a breath of fresh air but he has made a total arse of that today.   I'm actually gutted we lined up that way.    Any optimism I had for this season is now gone.

If Murdoch is out for more than just this game and we are clearly set on one formation and one formation only then we absolutely have to sign someone on loan tomorrow or Monday to replace him.  As that XI today will go down 100%.

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yup. I like the guy and he has been a breath of fresh air but he has made a total arse of that today.   I'm actually gutted we lined up that way.    Any optimism I had for this season is now gone.

If Murdoch is out for more than just this game and we are clearly set on one formation and one formation only then we absolutely have to sign someone on loan tomorrow or Monday to replace him.  As that XI today will go down 100%.

I  don’t  see any reason why we couldn’t have dropped Dempsey back into the holding midfield role.  Looks a really good addition.   Muirhead’s distribution, ball retention and general lack of composure on the ball generates the same result time and time again.  And the last person I blame for that is Muirhead.  The performances against Morton, Partick and Hamilton had me reaching for the happy pills thinking we’ve appointed yet another duffer.  Then the Kilmarnock result fell out of the clear blue nowhere and I started to buy into the Bully hype.  But that today was just horrific, an approach that got exactly what it deserved.  I honestly couldn’t believe he made no attempt to change anything at half time.  

Bullen needs to change his thinking, and fast.

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

OK.... here's the deal.

You give us Andy Murdoch back and we may (may) lie doon tae ye as soon as we are in the top 5'

Deal?

Some of our fans clearly have a problem with Tomi, as soon as he was on the park and didn’t create something with his every touch the shouting started. He had three very good moments (glorious bit of play to set up Ashford, and creating space to get his header away that hit the bar in particular) but you can’t expect him to bail you out every time off the bench. 

Im not going to speculate about why he is targeted, but it certainly isn’t a good look for those doing it.