The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, North British 2 said:

Took  a spin past Somerset on the way home just now , fancy new car park packed with about 30 cars . Hub etc all shut but main doors to stand open and lit . Might be nothing but looks pretty busy for nothing....

Maybe Bully could get on to his old pal to send us over a couple of Celta fringe players or promising youngsters.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Even if anyone did sign i'd imagine SPFL registrations won't begin until 3rd of January after the holidays so wouldn't get them in for tomorrow's squad anyway i'd imagine

Highly doubt that would be the case.

49 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Players are training today

Watched them  train often in the Cambusdoon days , five or six cars . Today the Somerset car park was rammed . Just saying .........

Also once again Tomi not involved in the Swindon line up . Also former Rovers centre half Conner ORiorden not involved with Crewe after his loan was up in Kirkcaldy... I'm thinking both are going out on loan for the second half of the season . Be interesting wher they pop up.......

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

All the best for 2023 to those of a Honest Men persuasion!

Nice to be going into a New Year without howls of "relegation!!" coming from folk on here 😂

Exciting times ahead both on and off the park. Hopefully we can still win the league but top flight play offs is a minimum I'm hoping for 

If we are talking about titles then tomorrow is a must win . If its play offs then the minimum required tomorrow  is a draw .

53 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

If we are talking about titles then tomorrow is a must win . If its play offs then the minimum required tomorrow  is a draw .

I don't think a loss tomorrow will mean an end to playoff chances, there will still be a lot of twists and turns to come. Title chances are slim even if we do exceptional business this month. 

27 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think a loss tomorrow will mean an end to playoff chances, there will still be a lot of twists and turns to come. Title chances are slim even if we do exceptional business this mont

I think it's safe to say if we finish above Morton then we'll at least have achieved the play off places . Nothing will be settled tomorrow agreed , but not losing another six pointer would be a step in the right direction as far as the play offs  are concerned. 

39 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Tomorrow is also our last 3pm league awayday till at least March 11th.

I felt the schedule was bad this season but that is pretty stark! I can see straitened times ahead for clubs and I hope there is some realisation that regular football attendance is something of a routine and constantly shifting days and times will probably lead to fewer season ticket sales (I didn't buy one for the second half of this season for precisely that reason).

Bullen's press conference highlights say hoping Musonda back for Arbroath but probably Cove, Houston should be back sooner than him. will be a one in one out policy for January and have to be cautious in case any of the loanees get called back. Been a 44% average increase in home support apparently.

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Yep, and it could even later than that if we win two Scottish Cup games. 

Was just about to post the same as I noticed it while trying to plan ahead for travel etc for some of the upcoming away games. Mental stuff.

I don't mind an occasional Friday night game, but 3 away from home in less than a month is crazy. Given the current restraints on clubs at our level, as well as on the average fan, surely it would be beneficial to try and make it as easy as is feasible for fans to attend games.

Edited by AuAl