The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Jazzar said:

Does losing Chalmers mean we're now in the market for a replacement though - hope so but finding someone of his quality will be a stretch.

We’ll definitely need another body in. Doubt they’ll prove to be on the same level as Chalmers but we don’t necessarily need them to be as good as him to finish in the playoffs, especially if O’Connor is staying. Just a steady option to contribute. 

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Had the same reaction when you signed Ally Roy in fairness. 

You lot also said that shit about Baird. Gillespie. Etc.

Most of us had similar reaction about Roy. In Dougie we trust though. 

At least you lot will sign someone now. 1 out, 1 in.

Edited by Jamie_M

Mixed feelings about Chalmers, an exciting player to watch but didn't have much output in the grand scheme of things, he has also played during our rotten spell and didn't lift things. We definitely missed him when he was out though as he often broke quickly up the park. 

I'd expect that we wouldn't sign a direct replacement, maybe bring someone in as cover for other areas.  

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ll definitely need another body in. Doubt they’ll prove to be on the same level as Chalmers but we don’t necessarily need them to be as good as him to finish in the playoffs, especially if O’Connor is staying. Just a steady option to contribute. 

I think we've probably got steady, really need something above the norm, but your right very hard to get 

18 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Bit of a sickener but I’d be more gutted about Mullin getting recalled

Agreed Chalmers was an exciting player to watch at times. Gutted I missed his assist/bit of skill against Raith for our 1st goal due to being loaded with a chest infection.

Think Mullin is a better fit for our style at the moment and I'd be very pleased if we got him on a permanent transfer.

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mixed feelings about Chalmers, an exciting player to watch but didn't have much output in the grand scheme of things, he has also played during our rotten spell and didn't lift things. We definitely missed him when he was out though as he often broke quickly up the park. 

I'd expect that we wouldn't sign a direct replacement, maybe bring someone in as cover for other areas.  

He also had an annoying habit of taking the ball on runs to nowhere when he should have looked for a pass. 

That aside, decent player and absolutely shite timing for him to be recalled.

14 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

As did most of us. In Dougie we trust though. 

At least you lot will sign someone now. 1 out, 1 in.

In fairness to the wee ned, when you actually look at his signings is there anyone you’d say is below a 6/10? 

We’ll definitely sign someone. Whether they are any good is another thing. The good thing about Chalmers was that he knew this level and his game suited it. He wasn’t consistently brilliant but he was very capable of doing one or two things in a game that would likely result in a goal. He’s not as involved as the likes of Mullin but still a huge loss for us. 

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Didnt think Chalmers would be away, and certainly not it being announced on a match day. Gutted 

Therein lies the risk of having loanees in the first team. Look at Abroath last season for an even crueler example.

I always feel it's a big risk for a team to get loanees from the league above, excepting from the old firm who don't give a shit about 80% of the players on their books.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In fairness to the wee ned, when you actually look at his signings is there anyone you’d say is below a 6/10? 

Kabia, despite ticking all the boxes and looking a decent choice, is probably the weakest of his signings to date (and he wasn't that bad). Still sent packing for not hitting the required high standards.

Everyone else (ringer sub keeper excluded for being a box ticking ringer) has been spot on.

Wild if he can keep up that hit rate.