The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I honestly don’t think I’ll ever see an Ayr team as good as the likes of Forrest, McCowan, Kelly and Moffat on their day. Lacking a proper number 9 but played the best football I’ve ever seen from an Ayr side. I was against it at the time but when you look back (and also see how Queens Park are doing with Coyle and Stewart) I wonder how it would’ve played out had Sandy Stewart got the job full time with Kerr as his number two. 

I remember watching us score 4 against Alloa in the first half at Recreation Park (the last game before McCall left, and the week before the aforementioned first half pumping of Arbroath at Gayfield), and thinking that this was far and away the best I had seen an Ayr team play. What a team. All of the mentioned above plus guys like Daniel Harvie. 

Edited by AuAl

29 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That was my first night during my short stint doing the announcing. V v v good playlist that night. 

Did you not play Alkaline Trio at one of those games? Remember being shocked hearing it as I'm a fan of them and NOBODY has ever heard of them. Cant imagine Scott was picking them 😂

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Did you not play Alkaline Trio at one of those games? Remember being shocked hearing it as I'm a fan of them and NOBODY has ever heard of them. Cant imagine Scott was picking them 😂

Yeah man!

I dont think anything I had on will be heard in Somerset again :lol:

Edited by itzdrk

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The tunes have improved a fair amount since other people starting picking them. For the most part it’s been decent this season. 

Maybe they can improve the shuffling for the half time draw tomorrow as well.

And the first prize of £200 is ticket number 0076....

And the second prize of £50 is ticket number 0077....

Oops better give them a shuffle.

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I've been buying them for years and years and won fck all. Yes I'm bitter 😂

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

1. The size of the crowd should maybe put it into perspective for some of the people who complained about the attendances of late.

2. Seeing this performance from the ref Colin Steven makes it seem as if he is a semi-competent referee now!

Absolutely dread having Colin Steven as referee. One of the worst out there

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I thought I had misheard that... 🤣

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've been buying them for years and years and won fck all. Yes I'm bitter 😂

44 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Same,not a bean, it's really quite annoying.

Ayrshire Angus paid for some dental work when he won the half time draw during Covid-19.

I'm sure I also remember Lachlan winning the half time draw at a game. I'm pretty sure he donated it as well.

53 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Same,not a bean, it's really quite annoying.

Even more annoying when an away fan wins it. I remember the Man U friendly was won by a Man U fan. I was raging to my Dad that we buy them every game and win Jack shit and an "ousider" comes up for the first time and won it! 

Why recall Chalmers so late in the week, he was clearly at training no earlier in the week - fucking Dundee United c***s. Absolutely no chance he’ll appear for them today. 

ETA - potentially selling him I guess. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Aye that’s horrific timing on Dundee Uniteds part. They could’ve left him until after today but I’d guess they’ve received a bid and don’t want to risk him getting injured. 

We obviously need a replacement but I think it’s important to remember that we were doing okay without him this season. We still need to beat Arbroath today and then hopefully get someone in over the next week or two.